PDA

View Full Version : Game thoughts

Darkharmony
10-17-2007, 06:26 PM
Ok so I downloaded the demo after I saw videos for speedball 2 on youtube. I thought this was supposed to be a 3d game? I'm a bit disappointed. If it's just 2d it shouldn't be 800 pts. If it has 3d hidden some where that should of been included in the demo at least since that to me is what's worth 800. Anyway this is just my opinion, I'm sure you have yours.

sR sHIBUYArAVE
10-17-2007, 09:10 PM
I've been playing the full game all day, it's actually pretty good but I refuse to use the new graphics. Call me old school but I can't think of this any other way that the original.
The only thing I am slightly ticked about is the music has been changed.. minor I know but it's still something integral to the game for me..
worthy 800 tho..

Grey 0815
10-17-2007, 10:49 PM
Ok so I downloaded the demo after I saw videos for speedball 2 on youtube. I thought this was supposed to be a 3d game? I'm a bit disappointed. If it's just 2d it shouldn't be 800 pts. If it has 3d hidden some where that should of been included in the demo at least since that to me is what's worth 800. Anyway this is just my opinion, I'm sure you have yours.

The 3D Speedball 2 is a different game, which is in developemet for the PC: PC Speedball 2 (http://www.speedball2.com/)

I've been playing the full game all day, it's actually pretty good but I refuse to use the new graphics. Call me old school but I can't think of this any other way that the original.
The only thing I am slightly ticked about is the music has been changed.. minor I know but it's still something integral to the game for me..
worthy 800 tho..

Exactly what I was thinking. Hate the new graphics, miss the old music and intro, but still love the game.

borandi
10-18-2007, 07:27 AM

Demo has retro graphics - full game gets you the enhanced graphics version, which imo enhances the Speedball experience.

McDonalds Kid
10-19-2007, 07:54 AM
Yeh, why remove the old music and intro, and while the enhanced graphics are better than what I thought, its still the golden oldie ones for me!! :) and umm.... BRUTAL DELUXE RULES!