PDA

View Full Version : Demo Without OXM & THPG

Gun-Nut
10-17-2007, 09:55 PM
No Idea if this is not allowed to be posted but you can download the GHIII demo off the net and burn it to a CD-R and it allows you to play without a modded xbox now the problem atm is its not been said if this is allowed to be done or not, so if your going to try it I would say do it offline with a none LIVE profile!

http://www.xboxlivetheguide.co.uk/News/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1653

Personally I don't see anyone getting banned even if they did go on LIVE since its just a demo they are normally free and why would it let you burn it to a CD-R and play, I'm sure retail games don't work like that or no one would needed a modded xbox.

Distilled84
10-17-2007, 11:50 PM
Nice find, I'd give it a try but my box got picked up by Puralator on it's way back to MS today and I'm expecting to get my pre-ordered copy of GH from Best Buy before I get my 360 back.

Crimsonthrone
10-18-2007, 12:26 AM
Nice Find im downloading it now but i dont know if i want to play it on my account has anybody else done this yet :confused:

Distilled84
10-18-2007, 02:14 AM
Nice Find im downloading it now but i dont know if i want to play it on my account has anybody else done this yet :confused:

What I would suggest you do is this.

Remove the network cable or wireless adapter from your system.
Create a new profile on the system, ensure you have that as the active profile and give the demo a go.
If you are really paranoid, delete the profile and ensure there is no GH3 game data on the hard drive before plugging the cable back in and powering up under your XBL profile.

Fire Mage
10-18-2007, 02:16 AM
I've been playing it on my account I normally use for a bit. Nothing's happened.

Hell go look at my gamercard, it should say I'm playing it.

Spot2009
10-18-2007, 02:25 AM
I don't think this is allowed on the forum, since this is technically illegal (playing backups).

Fire Mage
10-18-2007, 02:48 AM
I don't think this is allowed on the forum, since this is technically illegal (playing backups).
What's the difference between this and popping in the game demo disc?

The disc itself doesn't cost anything. It's only bundled with things that cost (THPG and OXM), so technically it's still free this way too.

Gun-Nut
10-18-2007, 07:26 AM

As I said, I was unsure, but it is only a demo, demos tend to be free anyways, it not like I'm posting to a full copy of the game :P If it gets deleted it gets deleted :P

SeriousTroggers
10-18-2007, 06:09 PM
There's no harm in playing this on your default Live profile...fyi

InSoMnIaC_190
10-18-2007, 06:13 PM
Your not gonna get banned on live lol. I have been playing it a lot it is very nice.

Now I just need the GH3 controller cause I hate the GH2 one.

The Metal is such a fun song to play on the demo , can't wait for the full game.

Xterm1n8or
10-18-2007, 07:12 PM
I have downloaded the gh3.iso file (421MB) from megaupload.com and have burned that file onto a CD-R but it does not work on my 360! I look under the demo section and there is no gh3 demo option.

If somebody could describe exactly what to do with the file for it to work on 360, eg what discs / what program to burn disc with, then that would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks. I just wanna play :p.

Gun-Nut
10-18-2007, 07:16 PM
I used PowerISO and a CD-R, Placed it in my 360 it comes up saying its some sort of Media Disk then when I go to Demos & More its there! :D

Xterm1n8or
10-18-2007, 07:24 PM
Yes i used PowerISO and a CD-R and it doesnt work! You only put the gh3 ISO file on the disk right? Cos thats what i'm doing.

Gun-Nut
10-18-2007, 08:19 PM
No, You must burn the ISO not burn the ISO to the disk in PowerISO hit the Burn Icon and then pick the ISO as the Image File then burn :)

Xterm1n8or
10-18-2007, 09:19 PM
Haha i see! Thanks! I feel so stupid :p . Its pointless now though because i just got the 3 red lights like an hour ago :(.

It's rather an unlucky time to get the 3 red lights for me as well, you can read the full story in the x360a graveyard thread.

razzleson
10-19-2007, 07:27 AM
Won't lie, playing the demo was pretty fucking cool!

True you only get to play three songs at a time (after which it throws you out of the demo, but all you have to do is re-load it) and it doesn't save your score.

But man, the new songs are a damn welcome to the songs I've been playing over and over.

Also, I don't know if it's just me or not, but the hammers seem way easier on GH3. Might just be me though.

ASTROBL4ACK
10-19-2007, 11:25 AM
Won't lie, playing the demo was pretty fucking cool!

True you only get to play three songs at a time (after which it throws you out of the demo, but all you have to do is re-load it) and it doesn't save your score.

But man, the new songs are a damn welcome to the songs I've been playing over and over.

Also, I don't know if it's just me or not, but the hammers seem way easier on GH3. Might just be me though.

Yeah man, They are definatly easier, when I saw the Metal I thought it would be a bitchin 5-star that would take me months, but I did it within 3 trys, these new style of hammer-ons and pull-offs will make a lot of song possible.