X360A Fan Fiction Book

THE DEADLY DOG

Well it's been stated before, it's been tried before, and if given the right amount of TLC can be done. Welcome to the X360A Fan Fiction Book thread.

Ladies and gentlemen of the wacky world of X360A, may I welcome you to the thread devoted to your deepest passions, your greatest desires, and your ultimate dreams for what else... your favorite games. Now I know you may be asking what this is all about? That's the glory of it lies in the idea. Anyone and everyone can take that little slice of gaming ecstasy that they get from playing their favorite game and write a little something on it.

Love to play Gears of War? Really wish there was a divergent story line? Why not make one? What about GTA IV? Wish there was a little more back story to your favorite character? Make it.

Everyone has the urge to write something down, everyone has that urge to express their emotions/feelings/passions--this is the place to do it. For now will simply collect the stories everyone writes, no matter the formatting, or extra website used to host it until we get everything fleshed out. If you want just post in your game's forum area with a thread for your story. Make sure to name it something to do with lore and this idea so it's not summarily deleted as spam or advertising.

For now let's follow these simply guide lines which should be changed and altered as this grows on people:

• Stories should range from 1,000 words (about 1.75 pages single spaced) to 4,000 words (about 6 pages single spaced). ~This is just a guideline. Of course stories that go over are welcomed, but something to shoot for is always a nice guide.
  • Games can have multiple stories written on them, but let's avoid the same topic. Of course we could eventually develop the alternate history aspect, but let's get the ball rolling first and foremost.
  • Each and every piece submitted for this book is the intellectual property of the writer and should not be used in any part without his/her explicit permission no matter where/how they post the story.

Hopefully I don't have to prod the fire anymore, but I do encourage everyone to get their ideas together, their emotions under check, and their fingers ready to type.

I also wanted to thank Coxy x360a for getting this idea started. May we really hold up to the image of what you wanted out of it. The old thread.

Edited by THE DEADLY DOG

Stories written---Title---Authors---One sentence description of story---Outside link/file for viewing:

The Walking Dead

"One World Two Lives"

THE DEADLY DOG

You'll never have to wonder why Lee was convicted of murder again.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=419864

Mass Effect 3

"The Short Story for Marauder Shields"

Grifter Reborn

Learn more about this mysterious character to better appreciate his incredible sacrifice.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=371362

Edited by THE DEADLY DOG

Alright, I'll be working on Final Fantasy anytime soon. What game I don't know yet, most likely 6 or 9.

Sounds good! Can't wait to read it.

I'll try to begin writing a Left 4 Dead 2 extension. I've just been so busy and it slipped my mind. I still have fresh ideas, though. ;)

Also sounds good. Whenever you get some time. We are obviously in no rush.

The "you start off as a prisoner" plot starter is a beaten dead horse. I don't write too often but the 6000 word limit gives me a ton of creative freedom. :)

This may take a while...

Take your time. Write it however you want. We'll eat it up all the same.

Trying this again, huh? Well mine was disregarded last time but it appears to fit into your new guidelines, so I'll try again.

Mass Effect 3

Grifter Reborn

Learn more about this mysterious character to better appreciate his incredible sacrifice.

Trying this again, huh? Well mine was disregarded last time but it appears to fit into your new guidelines, so I'll try again.

Mass Effect 3

Grifter Reborn

I loved it! Now I just need to go out and play some ME3. Haha.

as long as you dont see slash fiction you should be fine, i will do mine whenever possible got a good few college essays to do as well

Don't sweat it. Working full time and going to school full time limits my recreation as well, but that just makes the time I get to write all the more important.

Right I noticed that. I was semi-lost and now in the mood for ME3 with half of the challenges still left to do for BLOPSII.

The link you have ended in error 404 for some reason:confused:

Testing mine to see if it works...

Edit: Okay mine works. Weird.

The link you have ended in error 404 for some reason:confused:

Testing mine to see if it works...

Edit: Okay mine works. Weird.

What the heck did I do wrong? Copy and paste not working like it's supposed to no doubt.

Edit: Fixed.

Plan to get started on mine Sunday, I'll be over at a friend's house, maybe he can give me some ideas.

Good! I'm going to use my ample free time at work *Laughs* to start developing an idea-line for my GTA IV story.

The more I think about it the more I want to do something AC related as well. Well who knows, maybe I can blow through all of this school work and then write stories on them all!