PDA

View Full Version : Game-breaking glitch. Have to restart all over.

Mocha 151
02-05-2013, 07:38 PM
I'm sure most of you have seen the annoying glitch where, if you go to Reaver's Mansion to spin the Wheel of Misfortune - the wheel won't spin, no cutscene goes forth, and you're stuck in that room. All the doors are locked around you. You can't fast travel, select another quest, NOTHING. I'm not certain if this happened because of the Traitor's Keep DLC, but this is what I've been reading about. Other people said that it was because having both Traitor's Keep and Understone DLC could cause it. Not to mention, Traitor's Keep has other glitches, which I haven't experienced yet, such as the Demon Door glitch and not being able to get the achievement.

Anyway, I really wanted to vent, because there goes wasted hours of my time playing and collecting. I'm pretty disappointed with Lionhead that there was no patch by now, not to mention the seemingly lack of motivation from there part to provide us with good service for what we paid for. I'll still keep playing the Fable games in the future because I'm a fan of the series, but I sadly regret purchasing this DLC.

I'll probably have to create another character on another account, trade all my weapons/clothing with two XBOX controllers, then trade them back with another character I make on my original account. Just so much bs I have to go through to do this all over again.

If anyone else has found a way around this glitch (other than going to your Dashboard without saving, or avoiding the Wheel of Misfortune quest) please let me know.

Wheel of Misfortune indeed.

NeonAbyss
03-06-2013, 06:37 AM
I've never actually had this problem before, and I've managed to beat everything, maybe it was a fluke?

For the Demon Door glitch, you must open the Traitors Keep DLC's demon door first, then the others because that achievement is put in the DLC not normal game, so if that's not opened before any of the others it won't work.

Doctor Mandrake
06-15-2013, 04:27 PM
This glitch in Reaver's mansion got me this morning.

I'm stuck in that room. The Wheel of Misfortune won't work, all the doors are locked and unresponsive. I can travel to the sanctuary and back, but that's it. No fast travel, no missions, no escape.

I can't remember the last time I was this pissed about a glitch. Killed my fucking save file, and there's no fix. No comment from Lionhead either.

Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

sxylou123
06-20-2013, 06:53 AM
When this game first came out I came across every glitch in the book and in total played it through around 8 times to get all the achievements.

There was mass calling back then to fix the game and it never happened, its now considered an old game and with everyone getting their hands on it for free theres going to be just as many complaints as before.

This game is old and it aint getting fixed. I got this game again just because I know HOW to avoid most of the glitches that I had experienced before.

-Dont play in other peoples co-op, will make your counters glitch, complete your own game first and then aim for collectables and trading for achievements with everything else finished.

-Make demon doors your final endeavour...even though their useful for points and weapons early on in the game, co-op play and new DLC can make the counters crash.

I have saved all my demon doors and co-op achievements for last because I know that obtaining these can cause more damage to my save file than if I were to do them early on in the game. Once I have the DLC downloaded ill start opening the demon doors that I can alone and send an invite for the final ones and do them in my world, not someone else's.

Hope this helps anyone starting again after either corruption or their achievement counters have glitched.

annRky
11-19-2013, 12:20 PM
The Reavers Mansion glitch got me today and I am so mad!!
36+ hours and all I can do is start again!
:uzi::mad: