PDA

View Full Version : Need For Speed ProStreet Demo

Clipse 2
10-19-2007, 07:16 PM
Compete at the highest level of street racing in Need for Speed™ ProStreet. It's no longer good enough to simply rule your local neighborhood—in ProStreet, you need to dominate on a global stage. Build the ultimate battle machine, take it to multi-disciplinary showdowns, and pit your skills and reputation against the world's best street racers.

http://www.xbox.com/NR/rdonlyres/3661123C-3CB9-4135-B687-01EF15A6D839/0/ilmNFSPSx360SCRNleipdemo1005_06.jpg

Grab the free Need for Speed ProStreet demo from Xbox LIVE® Marketplace and take the wheel for two of the four racing disciplines included in the full game. Test your skills in grip racing with a two-lap race against seven other opponents in the Nissan GT-R Prototype on the A-43 Interloop of Germany's Autobahn. Experience the all-new Speed Challenge mode with BMW's M3 E92 on the Nevada Highway. Finally, be among the first in the world to check out the all-new 2009 Nissan GT-R, which will be available (and automatically replace the GT-R Proto) on October 23, coinciding with the GT-R's unveiling at the 2007 Tokyo Motor Show.

http://www.xbox.com/NR/rdonlyres/9BBAA777-6A0A-442F-A196-838A10FEA267/0/ilmNFSPSx360SCRNleipdemo1005_013.jpg

Need for Speed ProStreet is your ultimate taste of the chaos and unbridled adrenaline of street racing. Pushing yourself and your car to the edge can lead to mistakes—this time those mistakes have consequences. Think swirling fields of debris, shredded fiberglass, and heinously twisted metal. Every dent, every scratch, and every crumpled body panel is a battle scar, proof of your commitment and competitive mettle.

Source: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/n/needforspeedprostreet/demo.htm?WText.camp=Marketplace&WText.campSrc=RSS

jorGe62990
10-19-2007, 08:33 PM
so when is this being released on the marketplace???

Clipse 2
10-19-2007, 08:46 PM
Expect it in the next few days. I jumped the gun to let people know ASAP, especially since they're going to update it on the 23rd with the new GT-R.

jorGe62990
10-19-2007, 08:51 PM
nice, im excited to finally get my hands on this game after wearing out forza...im hoping for sometime this weekend

Fullawka14
10-20-2007, 02:28 AM
Yeah I know i kinda want a racing game, I was also gonna ask when it was coming to the marketplace but that was already answered i see.

Clipse 2
10-20-2007, 05:50 AM
It sucks when we pull stuff directly from Xbox because they like to keep things under wraps until the last minute so whenever they report things it'll be something big and cool, but lack certain details. This being the case, but as soon as I see something else pop up about it being available I'll definitely post up letting you all know. ;)

HeLLa RaW SHOT
10-20-2007, 07:33 AM
i cant wait for this demo to come out fuck.

an7man
10-21-2007, 08:45 PM
lol I wonder if this character is going to be the same one from the previous storyline( if you want to even call it that). Actually, who is going to be the new girl in the game?

jorGe62990
10-21-2007, 09:13 PM
the story is usually very vague and boring to say the least...its all about game play and I am fine about that, I mean how much can you expect from a racing game, and now since they moved it off illegal street racing and more towards tracks then i assume there will be less story to it

Swished
10-21-2007, 09:25 PM
I've been waiting for the new NFS. This will be great. :)

Clipse 2
10-23-2007, 12:55 PM
Released today:

Content: Demo - Need for Speed ProStreet
Price: Free
Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions
Dash Text: [ESRB: E10+ (Everyone 10+) SUGGESTIVE THEMES] Compete at the highest level of street racing. Experience the intense rivalry of Grip Racing and prove yourself in the all-new Speed Challenge - the ultimate test of speed and control. Visit needforspeed.com for full product info. Need for Speed ProStreet is in stores November 14, 2007.
Size: 654.64 MB

g2thecore
10-23-2007, 01:41 PM
Yeah, I can't wait to try this game out either. It looks to be fun.

Penn
10-23-2007, 03:00 PM
Just been playing the demo for 20 minutes or so and it's pretty poor. You get 2 events, a high speed race and a street (grip) race.

Both are easy as hell and there are no replays. If you've seen any videos of this game, there is no point in going out your way to get this demo.

jorGe62990
10-23-2007, 09:51 PM
i will agree that the races are very easy, but it was the same with forza and just go look on how hard that game can get...the damage looks nicely done as well as the car feel and audio...the engine and exhaust notes and very unique and sound great on every car...i was hoping they would have had a race of each type (drag, drift, etc) so i could check out the new tire heat aspect...but overall im pretty impressed, especially over last year's disgrace of a NFS game

HeLLa RaW SHOT
10-24-2007, 12:12 AM
so this demo isnt on marketplace??

SegaSaturnSNK
10-24-2007, 02:33 AM
so this demo isnt on marketplace??

Doesn't hurt to go check right? GO CHECK! But to make your life easier, yes it's in the marketplace since this morning.

Demo was ok and as for people complaining because it was easy, well it is a demo you know. Probably when you start off the game when it comes out, it'll probably don't have the cars that it has in the demo. Other than that, seems like nothing has changed. Just the graphics seems to be a bit updated. Looks better than Carbon, that's for sure.

TheWetherMan
10-24-2007, 02:34 AM
is this going to be a buy or pass

SegaSaturnSNK
10-24-2007, 02:46 AM
is this going to be a buy or pass

Why don't you just try the demo? Don't have Live?

CRAZY CJ 20
10-24-2007, 06:31 AM
the demo sucks, but that doesnt mean much considering the carbon demo sucked and the actual game turned out alright (at least to me), but i think NFS is going downhill, and this game doesnt seem to change that. also, i noticed the environment in the demo looks aweful, how much time did they put into this game? because it looks like crap... ill stick with PGR4 for a racing game for now unless NFS's final copy ends up better than the demo... it'll make a nice extra xmas gift if it turns out alright, but for november id rather buy Call of Duty 4 and Mass Effect, two more blockbusters to the 360 collection :drunk

Dead Soulja
10-24-2007, 08:27 AM
Yet another game EA has turned to shit, the demo is bad.

They should remove the name "Need for speed" and leave it as "Pro Street"

And where are the cops?

killlah631
10-24-2007, 02:23 PM
I'm about to DL the demo, but I heard the game has changed and is now a GTR type game with racing just on tracks and what not, not sure if this is true or not?

Hannibal 493
10-26-2007, 02:02 AM
I like the need for speed franchise, but this just seems like another sim like gt and pgr?

SegaSaturnSNK
10-26-2007, 01:56 PM
I like the need for speed franchise, but this just seems like another sim like gt and pgr?

I never felt NFS was a sim. It always felt like an arcade game to me with some sim elements but not exactly. This one doesn't seem like a sim from what I played on the demo. If it has nitro and all that crap, def. not a true sim.

jorGe62990
10-26-2007, 07:20 PM
if you have ever played Forza than you would know that this game is definently NOT a sim

iCe-b0mB
10-27-2007, 06:08 AM
i will award this the "Worst Demo Upto Date" award as far as i am concerned, did anyone noticed if you play in the "hud view" i.e. you are only watching the road you point of view is higher than other games and that totally ruins it for me

secondly i expected to see more, maybe a little snooping here and there in the customization or ability to see more cars (even if you can't play them)

as far as the gameplay is concerned it left me with this "empty" feeling, something was just not right, my biggest gripe is no reply :(

carnage_06
10-27-2007, 08:27 AM
can't wait for this to come out i'm a huge need for speed fan

jorGe62990
10-27-2007, 10:51 PM
did anyone notice the new manual clutch option under transmission?? seems like a nice little upgrade for those who want the ultimate experience of racing...i tried it but it seems really hard, but i guess a few more tries and i could get used to it

Rhys
11-02-2007, 08:30 PM
I Love NFS Games Ive Had Every one Right Down To Hot Pursuit Well The New Features Of This Game Which I Loved Were You Can Use A Clutch Major Feature For Me Love It Also Like The New Variety Of Cars !:woop:

DARK LORD RYAN
11-11-2007, 03:57 PM
I loved the demo!!! It looks really realistic!!!

XSSDX HEADSHOT
11-17-2007, 11:53 PM
Its a pretty good demo but i expect a lot more from it