PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong against the boss in Olmec's Lair.

absolutehell
02-06-2013, 11:22 AM
I know its not that hard for many of you to get here, but I've been trying to kill this boss for forever. I have gotten to him about 50 times and have never finished the level. I've been trying to do the speedrun method, because I can actually get to Olmec in 7 minutes. However, whenever he is breaking the last set of rocks to fall to his doom, I always get stunned and fall in the lava as well. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I try to climb the rope as soon as he goes up, but I have always gotten stunned. Any suggestions, tips, or observations?

Thanks for your time.

slysy
02-08-2013, 09:09 PM
You might be getting hit by one of the enemies that he spawns dropping down into the gap. You can hit enemies above you by throwing ropes upwards (you can do this either liberally or carefully depending on how many you have). Can't think what else it might be causing this...

Bum Commando
04-15-2013, 08:18 PM
I've noticed this too during some of my Low Scorer/Speedlunky runs. If the passage you are using for the quick strat is too narrow sometimes Olmec will stun you on his last hit before he falls into the lava. There were no enemies to hit me and stun me im sure and I fired a rope on my last jump too so I really can't see any other cause. One time so far I got really lucky and managed to grab the side of Olmecs head, after being stunned, as he was sinking into the lava and made it out of the pit in time.