PDA

View Full Version : Few questions from a new player...

Webb
05-14-2006, 10:08 PM
Right, just purchased this game, finally!

Plays great, looks good, I was gutted I never got to play Instincts first time round cause of the 360 launch but am glad I got to play it now.

Right... Multiplayer achievements... Are they all online? If not, which ones aren't, cause my connection is terrible at the moment and could hamper them.

Also, whats the difference between the middle and higher level? Are the enemies better and harder or is just simply the fact that auto aiming and auto whatever it is are off, cause I don't play with them on anyway, whats the deal with them anyway? Just makes the game to easy IMO!

Magician NG
05-16-2006, 11:15 AM
Right, just purchased this game, finally!

Plays great, looks good, I was gutted I never got to play Instincts first time round cause of the 360 launch but am glad I got to play it now.

Right... Multiplayer achievements... Are they all online? If not, which ones aren't, cause my connection is terrible at the moment and could hamper them.

Also, whats the difference between the middle and higher level? Are the enemies better and harder or is just simply the fact that auto aiming and auto whatever it is are off, cause I don't play with them on anyway, whats the deal with them anyway? Just makes the game to easy IMO!

The multiplayer achievements are all online, but they can be done in player matches or ranked matches. The higher the difficulty, the less damage you do and the more you'll take. Enemy AI remains the same.

Webb
05-16-2006, 01:19 PM
Cheers. Damn the online achievements, my connection is horrible :(

Webb
05-16-2006, 02:25 PM
Oh, another thing. Can you play 2 players over live or do you have to have 2 accounts?

How lame do I sound? LOL! I was looking for it the other day and couldn't work out how! LOL

Psycence
05-16-2006, 05:26 PM
easiest way to get the achievements is make a small custom map that meets all the requirements for all game types, then just go to online, do an unranked match, make private and no-one else can join, then you can cycle thru all game types and win 50 times for each mode by urself, no bot or second pad needed

k_dog
05-16-2006, 07:06 PM
DAMN webb, I didnt write the Achievement guide for nothing...lol.

I explain EVERY achievement there and the fastest route to getting them. ;)

Webb
05-16-2006, 07:41 PM
Ha ha. I never thought about looking for an achievement guide :p

Just too damn lazy, LOL

Still, this might not be answered in the guide or what not...

Can you play 2 players on one 360 over Live? Me and a mate fancied it earlier but couldn't find the option for it. Pointers please. If it's in the guide, just tell me, if not, please tell me ;)

Webb
05-16-2006, 10:18 PM
Can you play 2 players on one 360 over Live? Me and a mate fancied it earlier but couldn't find the option for it. Pointers please. If it's in the guide, just tell me, if not, please tell me ;)

K-Dog, firstly, nice guide :D I didn't realise there were so many phials! Can I get these over numerous games, i.e. if I get it once on rookie, do I have to get it again on hard?

Oh yeah, and the above question still needs an answer if anyone knows it? ;)

k_dog
05-17-2006, 06:31 AM
Yes, the philas can be found at any point in any time you play through the game.

As far as the multiplayer, you can do these with a friend. Crash and I did them all together BUT they cant be local, they have to be VIA live as you CANNOT sign in a guest on online multiplayer.

So essentially, yes, over live you and a friend (on another system with another game) can do them. No way localy can they be done.

Webb
05-17-2006, 12:53 PM
It sucks that you can't sign a guest in :(

Oh well, cheers anyway K-Dog :D

Mathewh
09-24-2006, 09:20 PM
this is so helpful! i'm catching up on my far cry achievements as we speak. i'm going for seek and secure, which takes too long to "finish". i have it down to ~40 seconds to score, go back to the lobby, and begin a new game.

basically, it takes 2 seconds for the station to activate, 15 seconds to hold the station (this seems to be the lowest amount of time you can set), then the 5 second intermission on the leaderboard, and 10 second game restart time. i built a custom map that places me pretty close to the target so i can get it down to about a 5-8 second run to the location.

hopefully i'll have this one done pretty quickly. after this, the predator one and all champion ones will be completed.

EDIT: i thought s&s was bad! counting the sonic alarm takes forever! too bad there wasn't a way to adjust this time.