Achievement Guide & Roadmap

Vampire Amaya

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 6/10

-Offline: 12 (400:gsicon:)

-Online: 0

-Approximate amount of time to 400 : 10-15 hours (skill/luck dependant)

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 3 (play, coach and test)

-Number of missable achievements: 0

-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: None known

-Does difficulty affect achievements?: No difficulty option

-Glitchy achievements: None

-Unobtainable achievements: None

-Extra equipment needed?: None

Introduction

Welcome to MENSA Academy, the only game of its type (logic/puzzle/brain training) to be backed by the high IQ society MENSA! There are a total of 12 achievements to be earned from this game, worth 400:gsicon:. This game may seem very simple at first, and at first it is, but you will need to be either skilful or very lucky to obtain all 400:gsicon:.

Step 1: Play

It is recommended that you begin with ‘Play’ as it is the best way to familiarise yourself with each minigame. In play mode there are 5 different categories (language, numeracy, logic, visual and memory). Each category has 20 levels, with 10 questions in each and 3 stars to be earned on each level, with the difficulty steadily rising. As long as you get 1,000 points in each level you should get all 3 stars, and the earlier levels give you enough leeway to get one question wrong and still get enough points, because you earn 100 points for every correct answer as well as some points for any time you have left over. The later levels may require a few tries before you get all 3 stars, as you will most likely need to get every question right due to the shorter period of time to answer in. There are a total of 4 achievements worth 115:gsicon: from play mode:

3 is the Magic Number

Jack of All Trades

20-20 Vision

The Brave 300!

Step 2: Coach

‘Coach’ is basically the same as play mode, except instead of earning stars you get medals, and all 10 questions are for the same minigame. There are 3 difficulty levels (bronze, silver and gold) for each minigame in each category, and you must complete them in order – bronze first, then silver, then gold. You must get all 10 questions right on each difficulty to earn the medal for the minigame. Bronze starts off very easy, silver gets slightly harder with slightly less time to answer each question, and gold gets even harder with even less time. There are a total of 4 achievements worth 130:gsicon: from coach mode:

Going For Gold

The Bronze Age

Sterling Silver

The Great Gold Rush

Step 3: Test

Test is probably the easiest of all game modes. You will have 15 minutes to answer 30 questions. The questions asked will be a mixture of minigame questions from each category, and most likely the harder questions of those minigames. 15 minutes will be plenty of time, especially when you can pause the game to work out the answer! When the test is finished and submitted you will be able to review your answers to see which ones you got right or wrong, and look at how the problems should be solved. There are a total of 4 achievements worth 155:gsicon: from test mode:

Above Average

Well Above Average

Bright Spark

Mensa Material

Mop up

If at this point you still don’t have all the achievements, it’s a fair bet you’re missing a gold medal or two, and/or stars in the later levels of ‘play’. The best advice I can offer at this point is to keep at it, as you will only get better with time! Try checking out the minigame strategy thread -here-.

Conclusion

So that’s it! A fairly simple premise, though actually a quite challenging game for many. Hopefully at this point you will have all the achievements and 400:gsicon:. Congratulations, smart arse! :p

Edited by Vampire Amaya

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2523/+tR3CQ==.jpg3 is the Magic Number 5:gsicon:

Get your first 3 star award for any level in Play Mode.

Simply choose ‘Play’ from the game modes in solo, select one of the categories, play the first level and if you get at least 9/10 answers correct and with enough time to spare, you will get this.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2523/+PV+vA==.jpgJack of All Trades 10:gsicon:

Unlock a 3 star award for a level in each of the 5 categories in Play Mode.

The same as ‘3 is the Magic Number’ but for every category.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2523/+RWGLw==.jpg20-20 Vision 30:gsicon:

Get at least 1 star at Level 20 in all Categories.

See ‘The Brave 300!’.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2523/-Ldt1g==.jpgThe Brave 300! 70:gsicon:

Get all 300 Stars in Play Mode.

For this achievement you will need to get all 3 stars on every level for every category in play mode. Depending on your skill level with the minigames, this may not be as easy as it sounds. If you don’t manage to do it the first time, don’t be discouraged because these minigames can be quite tough at the end levels. You should only really begin to struggle in the later levels because that’s when each minigame gets harder and you’re given less time to choose your answer. If you need more time than you’re given in order to work out the answer to a question, you can pause the game and work it out, then continue and select your answer. If you are struggling at all, the best advice I can give is to practise, and you’ll probably be able to learn a few of the answers (though questions will be different each time, some can be repeated), and also find the easiest way for you to complete the minigames. This achievement may sound daunting at first, but as with other achievements, if you stick to it and practise enough, you’re sure to get it.

For help with strategies, check out -This- thread.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2523/-VeVRQ==.jpgGoing For Gold 10:gsicon:

Achieve your first Gold medal in Coach Mode.

After playing at least one level in play mode, select ‘Coach’ from the game modes in solo. You can only coach yourself on minigames you’ve unlocked through play mode, and you have to start at bronze and work your way up to gold. Select a category, then a minigame from the list and answer each question correctly for all 3 difficulty levels and this achievement is yours! In order to get each medal you must answer all 10 questions for that difficulty correctly. If the timer runs out, it counts as a failed question, so you'll need to start that particular difficulty level again if this happens.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2523/-3ac8A==.jpgThe Bronze Age 20:gsicon:

Achieve a Bronze medal in every mini-game in Coach Mode.

See ‘The Great Gold Rush’.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2523/-pZkYw==.jpgSterling Silver 30:gsicon:

Achieve a Silver medal in every mini-game in Coach Mode.

See ‘The Great Gold Rush’.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2523/-bFwbQ==.jpgThe Great Gold Rush 70:gsicon:

Achieve a Gold medal in every mini-game in Coach Mode.

You will need to unlock every minigame through play mode before you can get this achievement. There are a total of 27 minigames (7 each for Language, Numeracy and Logic, and 3 each for Visual and Memory) and you can view which ones you have unlocked by going into 'Coach'. In coach mode, select an available minigame and play through bronze and silver to get to gold. You will need to answer every question correctly to earn the medal. Gold is the toughest of all 3 medals to get because the minigames will be harder and you will have less time to answer. If you get the answer to a question wrong, you can hit :start: and select ‘Restart Game’ or for some minigames you might want to play to the end to try and learn some of the answers. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t get the answers right immediately, as this will take a lot of practise for many of the minigames.

For help with strategies, check out -This- thread.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2523/-FGI-g==.jpgAbove Average 5:gsicon:

Achieve a score of 100+ in Test Mode.

See ‘Mensa Material’.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2523/-37XUg==.jpgWell Above Average 20:gsicon:

Achieve a score of 120+ in Test Mode.

See ‘Mensa Material’.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2523/-V-e5w==.jpgBright Spark 40:gsicon:

Achieve a score of 140+ in Test Mode.

See ‘Mensa Material’.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2523/-L8mdA==.jpgMensa Material 90:gsicon:

Achieve a score of 160+ in Test Mode.

Select ‘Test’ from the game modes in solo. Test is basically an IQ test, with a mixture of the harder questions from each category. You will have 15 minutes to answer 30 questions, which is made exceptionally easy when you can pause the game. You can skip a question by using :rbbut: and come back to it later with :lbbut: or by pressing :ybut: and manually selecting the unanswered question. There is a total of 180 points to be earned from the test, which will be earned by having answered every question correctly. It is possible to get 161 points having not answered 3 questions and answered one incorrectly.

Edited by Vampire Amaya

The guide looks really good. The only thing I would change would be the difficulty rating. The game does require some thinking and the questions do get more difficult through progression. Just my opinion, but overall a great guide.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess it probably is a little harder than I say, but like with any game, some people will always find it easier or harder than whatever is written :p

I notice someone started a thread saying it's the easiest game they've ever played, which I would definitely disagree with, but as I say, it could be a breeze for some people, so he may be telling the truth for all I know.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess it probably is a little harder than I say, but like with any game, some people will always find it easier or harder than whatever is written :p

I notice someone started a thread saying it's the easiest game they've ever played, which I would definitely disagree with, but as I say, it could be a breeze for some people, so he may be telling the truth for all I know.

Fair enough. I'm really good at puzzles and problem solving and it almost had me towards the end. Going for the 300 stars was SOOO time consuming and quite boring actually.

• 1 month later...
I'd like to point out that even with luck this game is well over 20 hours, maybe even 30.
That can't be right. I've only played it yesterday, and I played maybe a total of 5-6 hours over the course of the day, and I've already got gold medals in all minigames but two and I'm at around level 10-15 in all of the categories in Play mode. I'll be done within 15 hours at the very most. There really isn't much to the game.

The 300 stars takes a while, but it's shorter than you think when you start the game, considering levels 1-15 in all categories are super easy and they only start getting a little challenging in the last 5 levels.

• 3 months later...

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member TemporalWizard and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org American Mensa Academy Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!