PDA

View Full Version : Disc Error?

CombativeCobra
10-21-2007, 04:17 AM
Ok, I just got this game on Saturday October 20, 2007 from gamestop. Well when i first inserted my disc and picked a song it always says Disc Error every single time, I tyred returning it but they said sorry we can't exchange until the release date and gamestop's return policy is only within 7 days. I did so many options, used soft clean paper, water, and even rubbing alchlol. Seriously can anybody help me?

Distilled84
10-21-2007, 04:22 AM
How'd you get it better than a week early?

If you check in the game manual, near the back, there is a limited warranty for defective discs. I believe it is 30 or 60 days for most games (depends on the publisher I think), follow the instructions to get it replaced under that warranty, I believe it's actually usually done through the retailer.

And if you want some revenge report them to the publisher for selling the game early. On a high profile title like GH3 they could be fined several thousand dollars.

DFILL450
10-21-2007, 05:22 AM
Yeah how the hell did you get the game early? That doesn't make sense lol.

Fire Mage
10-21-2007, 05:24 AM
Just to let you know.

I hate you. And that Gamestop. :(

Where do you live, where did you get it from?

tjayars
10-21-2007, 06:15 AM
Halo 3 won't ever play on one of my 360's while it plays every single time on my second one. Everything else plays on both.

Crimsonthrone
10-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Tell us how you got it early please

and you cant even see his achievements on xbox.com http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif

Fire Mage
10-21-2007, 08:43 PM
Tell us how you got it early please

and you cant even see his achievements on xbox.com http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif
Yeah they don't make achievements readable until the game is released just like they did with Halo 3.

CombativeCobra
10-21-2007, 11:23 PM
if u dont believe me just look at my gamer card or achievements, i bribed a guy at gamestop for it, i gave him a fake golden stranglehold pigeon statue, but yeah gamestopds already have it but they wont sell until release date

Dark Kitsune
10-22-2007, 01:36 AM
Yeah they don't make achievements readable until the game is released just like they did with Halo 3.

Incorrect sir. I have had achievements for several games before street date. It is up to the publisher to discuss how the achievements will be released, but when 99% of the games are done at MS Cert Testing, the Achievements are ready. The Halo ones were because they wanted to F with the public.

lickidy split
10-22-2007, 01:55 AM
I hate you
i want guitar hero now!

Fire Mage
10-22-2007, 02:25 AM
Incorrect sir. I have had achievements for several games before street date. It is up to the publisher to discuss how the achievements will be released, but when 99% of the games are done at MS Cert Testing, the Achievements are ready. The Halo ones were because they wanted to F with the public.
Not incorrect sir. You misinterpreted my statement.

I meant they were unreadable by outsiders, so you couldn't see them on Xbox Live from another profile.