PDA

View Full Version : Multi/Single Player Ach Break Up

exsiben
10-21-2007, 04:05 PM
I no longer have xbl, so when I come to the site I usually tend to look for just single player ach. As of late I've been more anal about my achs and sometimes its hard to tell if I have all the single player achs for a game. I was thinking as a further way to improve readability for the ach lists, maybe separate them into Multi player and Single player, with a total score for each or something. Just a thought.

Nick G 42390
10-21-2007, 04:08 PM
I don't see this happening because all it's gonna do is add more work and things to do for the people who run the site and it's just not worth it. For the most part, it's easy to tell if an achievement relates to single or multiplayer. So, I don't see this going anywhere...

danjohnson58
10-21-2007, 04:10 PM
Thats an idea, but surely it would create more problems.

Take Halo 3 for example some achievements can be done in single player campaign AND multiplayer.

What would you do for the cross channel achievements?

Nick G 42390
10-21-2007, 04:11 PM
Thats an idea, but surely it would create more problems.

Take Halo 3 for example some achievements can be done in single player campaign AND multiplayer.

What would you do for the cross channel achievements?

Again, another reason I'm positive something like this won't happen. I'm sure the people who run this site already have a load to handle and this just isn't worth the time or effort. Also, it wouldn't improve the site in anyway, at least I don't think it would so, why do it?

exsiben
10-21-2007, 04:21 PM
How about simply adding a line of possible points for both multi and single player. They don't even have to add up, I mean sometimes when I'm looking at a new game I try to see how many points I can get. Some games are more multi/online heavy, and some are more single player, for example I think gears of war has 630 offline points possible. So with halo the possible offline points would be something, and then possible online could be another, although with the mix the 2 numbers would be >1000, I just like knowing what I can score on a game, and using a calculator whilst going through the list is tedious. They could also use a submission feature, if someone decided to submit the numbers. I dunno, maybe I'm the only one with these feelings.

Nick G 42390
10-21-2007, 04:27 PM
How about simply adding a line of possible points for both multi and single player. They don't even have to add up, I mean sometimes when I'm looking at a new game I try to see how many points I can get. Some games are more multi/online heavy, and some are more single player, for example I think gears of war has 630 offline points possible. So with halo the possible offline points would be something, and then possible online could be another, although with the mix the 2 numbers would be >1000, I just like knowing what I can score on a game, and using a calculator whilst going through the list is tedious. They could also use a submission feature, if someone decided to submit the numbers. I dunno, maybe I'm the only one with these feelings.

Well, you can use the checklist for that if you want. It's used to keep track of your achievements and all that but you can just check all the single player achievements and it will add it up for you. Just go to retail games on the main page, choose a game,scroll down and on the left hand side right under the screen shots it says my checklist. Enable that, then check all of the single player ones and it will add it up for. Now, this isn't what the checklist is traditionally used for but it does exactly what you just asked.

Honkymagoo
10-21-2007, 04:39 PM
I think it's a decent idea but if you look at the achievement list for a game it's really not all that hard to decipher which are online and which are offline.

exsiben
10-21-2007, 04:41 PM
I also just noticed the ach lists on this site are in the exact order in the game, so it now makes sense. Perhaps my idea was not too great, the checklist works fine.

EDIT: At least this is true for some games. Not all.

gatorbait
10-21-2007, 05:56 PM
I think the guides this site provides usually let you know anyways whether or not you have to get a particular achievement in single or multiplayer if it isn't obvious and even tell you whether or not it must be ranked or not.

Zef
10-21-2007, 07:13 PM
I believe that the order of all achievement lists is the order they appear in on the official Xbox website, so unless Routine does some crazy codemastering to rearrange them they are stuck as they are.

If you are unsure whether an achievement is online or offline compatible then feel free to ask someone on the forums, it will take a little effort but most people here would be more than willing to tell you o long as you are polite and ask in the right place. Although it would be a good idea to split them up, actually getting it to work and choosing which achievements are online/offline would be too much hassle. Unless you want to go through games and ask achievement guide writers to include details about whether they are online or offline only or both, then it would be in the guide =)