PDA

View Full Version : Market Place Demo [edit] Out Now!!

Gun-Nut
10-22-2007, 11:28 PM
The Demo will hit Market Place tomorrow at some point :)

Source #1 : http://xbox360.qj.net/XBL-Guitar-Hero-III-demo-tomorrow-weekend-contests-to-follow/pg/49/aid/105691

Source #2 : http://xbox360.joystiq.com/2007/10/22/guitar-hero-iii-demo-coming-tomorrow/

DoM cAbAn
10-23-2007, 12:07 AM
Hopefully these sources are correct! I cannot wait until the game is released, so the demo should hold me off until then. ;)

Vista
10-23-2007, 12:47 AM
Hopefully these sources are correct! I cannot wait until the game is released, so the demo should hold me off until then. ;)

lol the game comes out in 6 days!

anyway you can download it off the internet!
Good news anyway!

DFILL450
10-23-2007, 02:00 AM
Hopefully the downloadable demo will let you play more than 4 songs without having to restart the demo.

TheWetherMan
10-23-2007, 02:08 AM
ya this is what I tell all my friends who want me to hook them up with the demo

P1NSEEKER
10-23-2007, 11:15 AM
Demo is out now!!!!!! :DImpressions?

Bluntman428
10-23-2007, 11:56 AM
It's pretty bloody solid I've gotta say. Quelled any doubts I had about the new development team instantly.

Takes some time to adjust to, primarily the interface. I prefer the old one much better. The fret board's a lot better though, and hammer ons and pull offs are much easier to distinguish from regular notes than in GH2. It also seems to be longer, so you can see notes coming and have more time to react than in the previous version. Hammer ons and pull offs also seemed to be easier to do than in GH2, with a wider window to hit them.

I preferred GH2's menu screens and such a little more, but that could just be personal taste.

The graphics are definitely more solid than GH2's, as would be expected, but I never really notice anything but the fret board anyway. I really hope you can choose the lead singer or something though, cause the guy in the demo's a freakshow. His mouth's like 2 feet wide. Sorta reminds me of a snake eating a rat every time he opens his mouth.

Definitely psyched about the 28th. ;)

TheColdWolf
10-23-2007, 02:08 PM
How will we be able to play? Do we just hook up our Guitars from the 2 version?

P1NSEEKER
10-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Yep! Or a joypad if you dont have a guitar ;)

Distilled84
10-23-2007, 02:56 PM
I'm expecting my new replacement 360 to arrive today or tomorrow and downloading this demo is the first thing I'm doing. Unfortunately I'll have to play with a gamepad though.

Legoman1326
10-23-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm expecting my new replacement 360 to arrive today or tomorrow and downloading this demo is the first thing I'm doing. Unfortunately I'll have to play with a gamepad though.

It's not that hard once you learn the controls, just the double notes can a little tricky:

LT=Green
LB=Red
RB=Yellow
RT=Blue
A=Orange
RS=Whammy Bar
Select=Star Power

Just remember that there's no strum bar so the notes start as soon as you hit the button

Distilled84
10-23-2007, 06:35 PM
It's not that hard once you learn the controls, just the double notes can a little tricky:

LT=Green
LB=Red
RB=Yellow
RT=Blue
A=Orange
RS=Whammy Bar
Select=Star Power

Just remember that there's no strum bar so the notes start as soon as you hit the button

Thanks for the heads up.

doom363
10-23-2007, 08:20 PM
Anyways it will be good practice for the achievement to beat the game on hard or expert with a controller.:)

Birky
10-23-2007, 08:29 PM
I preferred GH2's menu screens and such a little more, but that could just be personal taste.

Agreed.
I think the new screens are kind of like emo minus the darkness and evil. I do like how the set list is though; a tab for career, a tab for bonus, and a tab for DLC.

P1NSEEKER
10-23-2007, 10:53 PM
Anyone else think hammer ons and pull offs are easier?

Bluntman428
10-23-2007, 11:07 PM
Agreed.
I think the new screens are kind of like emo minus the darkness and evil. I do like how the set list is though; a tab for career, a tab for bonus, and a tab for DLC.

Oh yeah, that's definitely pretty cool. I hated how you had to scroll down for a good 20 seconds to get to your downloaded songs before.

It's a pretty little detail, but what seems to be great about GH3 is they didn't change any of the core gameplay, they just made everything a little better than the last game. Definitely impressed with how well done it is. I expected it to be a disaster since I've never really liked Tony Hawk, Call of Duty 3 sucked, and that's pretty much all I've seen Neversoft's name attached to.

Illution
10-23-2007, 11:11 PM
Is this the same demo as the one you can download off your computer? Because I'd rather have the better one hahaha. :D

infradude
10-24-2007, 12:57 AM
I just played it, I'm defintley going to buy this one. I kept playing Rockin like a hurricane over and over again. I had to go into the demo like three times to play it because it makes you quit automatically which is kind of stupid. Love the new everything. Player models, menu, its all good. Hopefully the downloadable content wont be too expensive though.
Definitely impressed with how well done it is. I expected it to be a disaster since I've never really liked Tony Hawk, Call of Duty 3 sucked, and that's pretty much all I've seen Neversoft's name attached to.

Ya i know what your saying. Call of Duty was a big disappointment and the new tony hawks are kind of too realistic. GH3 impressed me alot too, its kind of like madden. Same way to play just looks and feels better.

abartshe
10-24-2007, 05:49 AM
yeah i have five stared all songs on expert except for Tenacious D song.
this demo has shown the improvements from GH2 to GH3

such an awesome game

killerharu45
10-24-2007, 05:58 AM
The demo is awesome! But there isn't ten songs like in the GHII demo for PS2 back in the day. I still cannot FC Lay Down. Argh! I miss that one point at the end of the solo even thought I aced it the first time I played it. I cannot FC and others. I will work on Hit Me with Your Best Shot and maybe Even Flow. Cannot wait for the 28th.

Slormer
10-24-2007, 06:06 AM
Yeah, I usually mess up at the same spot in Lay Down, but I did manage to do it. I've FC'd Lay Down, Even Flow, and The Metal now. Can't wait to try out the harder songs on the 28th! Raining Blood, DWDTG, TTFAF, and a bunch of other bonus songs looks like they should be hard. Can't wait.

Swished
10-24-2007, 07:26 AM
Loved it was else can I say, Hit me with your best shot is the only song on Expert I can 5 star rest is 4 star. :(

Fire Mage
10-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Yeah I've gotten better from GH2 I think. Plus the HO/PO's are a lot better. I've managed to FC Lay Down and The Metal. I'm always like one note from FCing Even Flow so I'm sure I'll get that soon.

And Hit Me With Your Best Shot is really easy but I don't play it too often, so I'm sure if I try that a couple more times I'll get that too.

The only one that is a big problem to FC is Rock You Like a Hurricane because it actually has some really fast notes at points, haha.

CLAPSTER
10-24-2007, 05:04 PM
I'm not sure if this goes here but yea I used to hate this game but my friend downloaded it on my HD so I played it and I enjoyed it :D haha so now I must have the guitar because its hard on the fingers they cramp up with the controller :p Just wanted to say that I might buy it now :woop:

DynamiteKyle
10-26-2007, 11:22 PM
1 (Almost) Days till G H I I I