PDA

View Full Version : Hammer-Ons/Pull-Offs?

DoM cAbAn
10-23-2007, 12:14 AM
I was talking to a friend today in school. He went to the shore over the weekend and told me he got to play the demo for Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock. What made me curious was when he told me whenever there were Hammer-Ons or Pull-Offs that he did not have to strum again if he missed a note during a section of Hammer-Ons or Pull-Offs.

I was curious to know if this is true and if anyone else has experienced this during their time with the demo. Or is he just blowing smoke out of his ass? :p Thanks.

Fire Mage
10-23-2007, 12:33 AM
I've noticed this too but I'm not sure if it's an error or a fluke or what. I will miss a note in a section, then I'll just bash on one of the HO/PO colors and it will still hit it. Haha.

Say the section is: G R Y B Y R G R Y B.

I strum on G, then I get all the way to the 2nd Y. I miss the 2nd R. Then I press the 3rd R without strumming and it still gives me the note and I continue.

DoM cAbAn
10-23-2007, 12:36 AM
Will it only let you hit the note on the one after the one you miss? Only that one? Or can you keep going?

This'll be great if they added it to the game. It'll make it a bit easier for me to play some of the harder songs. :p

Fire Mage
10-23-2007, 12:59 AM
It lets you keep going to my knowledge. I'll have to play the demo again and test it out.

doom363
10-23-2007, 01:32 AM
That only happened to me once in the demo while I was playing the metal on expert.But the odd thing was when I miss that one note during the solo, I hit the next one without strumming,and my note streak stayed at x4....until I missed again.:(

TheWetherMan
10-23-2007, 01:48 AM
Haven't really noticed but I also don't hammer on or pull off much

morphy
10-26-2007, 07:28 PM
I tested this on The Metal last night, and I purposely missed a note on one of the expert runs, but hit the remainder of the notes as usual. It did not give me credit for the remainder of the notes in the run.

One thing I have noticed though, is that the runs in general are a lot more permissive. It may let you continue the run if you just barely missed it, or if you hit a wrong note. I'll give those two scenarios another try tonight.

killerofdafish
10-26-2007, 09:05 PM
The HO/PO's in this game are SO easy. I could see how this could happen. I seriously hope they keep the demo the same as the game because ill breeze through it in no time

Slormer
10-26-2007, 09:34 PM
After reading this, I just tested it on The Metal. Ended my streak every single time. Had to restrum the note after. They seem pretty much identical to GH2 HOPO's to me.

MinPinz
10-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Finally got a chance to play w/ the new guitar at GameStop, and the HO/PO's seemed a LOT more forgiving to me. I usually suck at them (which is prolly why I can't beat top tier expert songs), but they seemed much easier to do.

DoM cAbAn
10-27-2007, 01:14 AM
After playing the demo for a few days, I had a chance to give my friend's theory a try. I had no luck with hitting the next Hammer-On after I missed a note. However, the Hammer-Ons and Pull-Offs do seem a little more lenient when you're hitting them, so that's a plus.

Who128
10-27-2007, 01:32 AM
Finally got a chance to play w/ the new guitar at GameStop, and the HO/PO's seemed a LOT more forgiving to me. I usually suck at them (which is prolly why I can't beat top tier expert songs), but they seemed much easier to do.

Agree...the HO/PO are way easier but that reasonable because all the song on GH3 seem alot harder than in GH2

SaCkaveli20
10-27-2007, 01:51 AM
They definitely do seem alittle bit easier to hit in the GHIII demo then they do in GHII.

Should make the game alittle less challenging, but who cares. Ift that's the case then just put the 4x hyperspeed on hahaha