PDA

View Full Version : Master Craftsman Achievement

Majorbusten
10-23-2007, 12:16 PM
I've tried doing this for HOURS and it's really hard.
Does anyone have any tips?
The best I've gotten is all but 5 :(

Also every time I play the game I have to re-download the full version. This happened to my friend as well. Anyone else have this problem?

AOS Puck
10-24-2007, 02:24 PM
I've tried doing this for HOURS and it's really hard.
Does anyone have any tips?
The best I've gotten is all but 5 :(

Also every time I play the game I have to re-download the full version. This happened to my friend as well. Anyone else have this problem?

1: Just keep at it and try to make sure you save a move somewhere as a backup move.

2: It's your hard drive going bad, or it is too full.

sirnerd84
10-25-2007, 09:51 PM
I got it on my 3rd or 4th attempt. I was really worried about it. The best advice I can give is to make sure you have at least one move available in an area you aren't working. Double check yourself as you are making moves to make sure you have another move also where you are working. Just spot-check before making your moves to make sure the combo in the area you aren't working is still there.

III Vesper III
10-25-2007, 10:59 PM
Just got it, I almost fell asleep it was more boring than hard.

Bombstriker
10-26-2007, 04:44 AM
Where exactly do you do this at and at what level?

III Vesper III
10-26-2007, 06:49 AM
When you go over random points on the map you can "Search for runes" and create items in your forge from your citadel. As you get more rare runes you can eventually create a "godlike" item

Majorbusten
10-26-2007, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the tips. I think i'm gonna beat the game before I tackle it again.

Does anyone know if my HD goes bad and I get the new BIG one, can I still transfer my data to it from the crapped out HD? I would guess not but you never know.

MadaRenrut
11-01-2007, 05:50 AM
i forged the item and i did not get any achievement, anyone else have this happen??? is there something else i have to do?

Bomber v4
11-04-2007, 03:59 PM
Do you need the rune of god to forge a godlike item by any chance?

Ared Mosinel
11-04-2007, 04:21 PM
Do you need the rune of god to forge a godlike item by any chance?

Yes, you need to combine a Rune of the Gods with certain other runes.

i forged the item and i did not get any achievement, anyone else have this happen??? is there something else i have to do?

I don't believe that all items made with the Rune of the Gods count towards this achievement. You have to combine it with the correct other runes to get the difficulty to be "Godlike." Most combinations with the Run of the Gods will give you some other difficulty (like "Legendary"). When you have selected your three runes, it will show the difficulty at the bottom, before you start the mini-game.

alex4283
11-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Easy tip:

(Just like the way to survive 17 levels on Bejeweled 2)

-Look around the bottom of the board and find at least 1 move. Don't take it.
Stay as high up at the top as possible and keep making moves. (top 3 rows)

Continue doing this and try to blow up the anvils with a 4-of a kind line blast or a red skull. If you run out of moves, go down to the bottom, do that move, then check above it for any new moves the drop may have made. It took me 3 tries with this method.

Repeat this every time you clear an anvil and the board resets. If you can get 3-4, 3 anvil matches, you should be clear sailing.

fixer187
11-27-2007, 12:10 AM

yeah me to. After I shipped my broken xbox, I got the same one back but repaired. After this I must redownload it every time.

Ared Mosinel
11-27-2007, 01:25 AM
yeah me to. After I shipped my broken xbox, I got the same one back but repaired. After this I must redownload it every time.

Are you sure you got the same xbox?

Your live games are tied to your profile and xbox, so if you were sent back a different xbox, that would happen with all your live games.

I haven't had any problems with my Puzzle Quest.

Cavake
11-28-2007, 05:30 PM
for people still having trouble finding right combo for godlikes
heres a list of all the combo i found so far

Rune Of Axes + Rune Of Gods + Rune Of Caverns
Rune Of Axes + Rune Of Gods + Rune Of Ice
Rune Of Axes + Rune Of Gods + Rune Of Plague
Rune Of Axes + Rune Of Gods + Rune Of Glass
Rune Of Axes + Rune Of Gods + Rune Of Poison
Rune Of Axes + Rune Of Gods + Rune Of Shells
Rune Of Shields + Rune Of Gods + Rune Of Poison
Rune Of Staves + Rune Of Gods + Rune Of Poison

ctsoxfan
12-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Thanks man, that is very helpful!

SwampThingTom
12-02-2007, 04:39 AM
For those trying to get this achievement, the guide posted here on Xbox360Achievements by sirnerd84 is incorrect. It says you can get the achievement with Jewels + Gods + Fire. That won't give it to you.

The combinations posted by Cavake in this thread will work. (Or at least, doing it with Shields + Gods + Poison will work, since that's what I did. I assume the other combinations listed will work as well. Just make sure it says "Godlike" when you choose them and it will work.)

Tom

jaferris
12-04-2007, 12:16 AM
1: Just keep at it and try to make sure you save a move somewhere as a backup move.

2: It's your hard drive going bad, or it is too full.

hey i got 9gb left so how do stop hd from going bad

fixer187
12-04-2007, 12:21 AM
Are you sure you got the same xbox?

Your live games are tied to your profile and xbox, so if you were sent back a different xbox, that would happen with all your live games.

I haven't had any problems with my Puzzle Quest.

yes, I wrote down the serial number. It said on the paper I got back that the motherboard was repaired.

All my other arcade games are fine except PQ

fixer187
12-04-2007, 02:38 AM
for people still having trouble finding right combo for godlikes
heres a list of all the combo i found so far

Rune Of Axes + Rune Of Gods + Rune Of Caverns
Rune Of Axes + Rune Of Gods + Rune Of Ice
Rune Of Axes + Rune Of Gods + Rune Of Plague
Rune Of Axes + Rune Of Gods + Rune Of Glass
Rune Of Axes + Rune Of Gods + Rune Of Poison
Rune Of Axes + Rune Of Gods + Rune Of Shells
Rune Of Shields + Rune Of Gods + Rune Of Poison
Rune Of Staves + Rune Of Gods + Rune Of Poison

finally made the god item and my 200 gamerscore :D, thanks for the list

Flik Nightshade
12-19-2007, 09:01 AM
Came back after a month away from the sorry game. 15 tries at this horrid achievement.. eight of them were instant game overs with in TWO moves.

Anyone who tells you that there is any trick or skill to this is lying to you. I got 15 anvils not even watching what I was matching. It's all random bullshit.

CrazyenigmaJ
12-23-2007, 06:42 AM
Yeah, its definitely alot of luck to make a godly item. However, always destroy an anvil when you can even if you want to hold out to try and clear more at once.

Zef
12-28-2007, 02:58 PM
Does anyone have a list of locations for the runes mentioned above? Might as well update the achievement guide with new runes and where to find them.

Nevermind, I found a list here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/934598/47814

They should be in the same locations even if they are the DS ones. I shall check right now though =)

TKD 117
12-30-2007, 11:20 PM
Somehow I got really lucky and got this on my first try (even though I had failed forging easier items!). There is some luck involved, what worked for me is the following strategy:

First priority is to stay alive. Try to avoid making moves that separate gems of like color in the process.

The only way to get more anvils is to destroy a lot of gems and/or get a Heroic Effort. Heroic Efforts are more luck than anything else, so the next-best option is to destroy a lot of gems. Don't bother saving 4- or 5-of-a-kind matches if there's no anvil anywhere near it; you're probably better off reseting the column/row, which in turn may give you more anvils or +5 skulls to play with.

Laufton_13
01-13-2008, 05:36 PM
There is only one way to get this, luck so go pray to the god of gaming or something

The Wicker Man
01-20-2008, 07:40 AM
Yeah we really need to update the guide on this. After 4 goes I got the final acheevo for forge the god like item W00T!1!11!

papochini
02-05-2008, 07:12 PM
the achievement guide is WRONG plz someone fix it i been fooled and it sucks, i really trust this site and i hope someone fixes this guide

Farrmark
02-14-2008, 01:09 PM
I've just spent 2hrs trying to get this by following the guide and it's wrong :(

Can a mod PLEEEAAASE update it so no one else suffers :(

dark54555
02-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Just a tip I picked up as I was trying to get this:

Most of the time, if you have the choice between making a vertical or horizontal line, the vertical one is the better pick. Not sure why, just seems to generate more lines. Hope that helps.

kovenant
04-30-2008, 09:49 PM
Just a tip I picked up as I was trying to get this:

Most of the time, if you have the choice between making a vertical or horizontal line, the vertical one is the better pick. Not sure why, just seems to generate more lines. Hope that helps.

i agree. this always worked best for me as well.

http://card.mygamercard.net/cylinder/reject444.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/reject444)

sh0ckwave
05-21-2008, 01:04 AM
thanks for this guide I finally got 100% on this game

Motrahtox
07-13-2008, 07:00 PM
I finally got this achievement last after spending hours on previous attempts in the past.

Now all that I have left is getting a win on Xbox Live. One would think this would be easy, but whenever I play no one seems to be on and when someone is they usually seem to be the really good players that are trying to climb up the leaderboards. Kinda frustrating that such an easy and final achievement is eluding me.

I just realized I made a godlike item, so maybe if I equipped it that would give me an edge or put me on a more level playing field.

Edit: Of course even an item won't help me when no one is playing :mad:

Red Testament
07-17-2008, 12:58 AM
I got this achievement rather easily. After two quick failures, I got it on the third try. Yeah, the key is keeping a potential match at the bottom. I just need the win online and I've got it all.

Robachan
07-28-2008, 08:49 PM
I tried this today, horrified at how long it might take me. Anyway, I got it on my first try. I guess I just got really lucky! :Bounce:

graemelunn
09-08-2008, 04:57 PM
This may be a silly question, but I dont want to spend ages randomly looking for the runes to make the item - is there anywhere in particular which will unearth the runes I need?

Aussie Rage
09-16-2008, 04:57 AM
i've seen a few posts saying you sould leave safty moves at the bottom and focus on the top. I don't agree with this as i tend to box myself into a corner at the bottom. i found it better to work from the bottom up as i got alot more 4 o'kinds falling down. And i know this one is obvious but try to move avils towards the center whenever you can, considering that when you score an anvil the board resests, its better to get 3 o'kind anvils.

Rune Of Staves + Rune Of Gods + Rune Of Poison is the combo i used and with my tactics i did it in about 25 mins i sh!t you not.

In my opinion learning (very hard) spells is a more challenging feat.

J4ckyb0y1
05-14-2011, 03:47 AM
In my opinion learning (very hard) spells is a more challenging feat.

So very true