PDA

View Full Version : FAQs - Shrine of Knowledge!

Zef
10-23-2007, 08:32 PM
If you have a general question about the game or need some help on something then post here, if you see people asking similar questions repeatedly and have an answer for those questions then please post the question and answer here for all to see.

Q. Can I use my Xbox 360 Guitar Hero II controller with Guitar Hero III?
A. Yes you can.

Q. Can I play the Co-op career online?
A. Currently not, although there are hints that it may be possible in the future.

Q. Can I use a Rock Band controller with GHIII?
A. No! You can use the GH3 controller on Rock Band, but not vise-versa. Only Guitar Hero guitars will work on Guitar Hero.

Q. Does the controller have rechargeable batteries?
A. Not built in, but you can use rechargeable AA batteries bought elsewhere.

Q: Where's Metalhead?! I thought he'd be in GH3!!1!1
A: He not in the 360 version. In exchange for Metalhead, we got the God of Rock.

Q: How do I get that 1000 note streak achievement? It looks hard...
A: FC Through the Fire and Flames on Easy.

Q: I didn't get [insert random achievement here] when I followed its directions. What happened?
A: Unfortunately, GHIII is glitched a little bit. If you didn't get that specific achievement, chances are it is glitched.

Q: How can I get that controller achievement? I don't want to play the game on Hard or Expert on the controller.
A: Good news. There's a glitch where you can shut down your 360 after you beat Career and sign back in w/ a controller. Access the menu of whichever mode you beat Career on and you should get the achievement instantly. More info here (http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=939093&topic=39192414).

Q: How do I get Whammy Mania easily?
A: Either by playing The Number of the Beast on Easy w/ the whammy bar (or thumbstick) taped or rubberbanded down OR beat the song and play another one and whammy all of the long notes in there. Voila.

Hulking Bubba65
10-23-2007, 10:51 PM
Well i know some people know this but oh well.

Question:Can you do Co-op career online?

Answer:No you cannot.

drno
10-25-2007, 05:42 AM
Well i know some people know this but oh well.

Question:Can you do Co-op career online?

Answer:No you cannot.
One of the tip things on the loading screen says
"Got no friends? Go online and find someone to do battle with or tour with in career."
Not sure if they're going to change it but it seems likeyou may be able to. Not 100% on that though.

DropDeadArtemus
10-25-2007, 02:52 PM
couldn't really find this anywhere but:

Question: Can you use the rockband guitar for GHIII and vice versa?

Answer: GH3 guitar will work on rockband but rockband guitar will not work on GH3.

tonyeck
10-25-2007, 04:12 PM
Yes you can

Spot2009
10-27-2007, 07:28 PM
Um.. The Rock Band guitar won't work for GH3, but the GH3 guitar will work for Rock Band.

Q: What is the deal with Rechargable batteries?
A: You can use 2 AA batteries to run the guitar. The guitar does NOT use the play-and-charge kit nor does it use the rechargable battery pack for regular controllers. Additionally, you can buy these: http://www.redoctane.com/ghrechargekit1.html

tom_m_92
10-28-2007, 10:58 PM
you cannot use rock band controllers with guitar hero 3 but you can use guitar hero 3 controllers with rock band

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164005

benbam87
10-29-2007, 04:53 AM
couldn't really find this anywhere but:

Question: Can you use the rockband guitar for GHIII and vice versa?

Answer: yes you can. Thnx tonyeck.

Def happy about that lol

buckshotmike
10-30-2007, 05:08 AM
How do you unlock this song?

mateo1472
10-30-2007, 09:08 AM
Sabotage is a co op song u must complete it on co op then it'll unlock i did it with my friend on the same system so i dont know if it works if u play it online on co op.

Also while i was playing online i played against a guy that had some sort of viking beast character does anyone know who or how to get that guy?

Valkynaz
10-30-2007, 02:15 PM
Q: Where's Metalhead?! I thought he'd be in GH3!!1!1
A: He is--just not on the 360 version. In exchange for Metalhead, we got the God of Rock.

Q: How do I get that 1000 note streak achievement? It looks hard...
A: FC Through the Fire and Flames on Easy.

Q: I didn't get [insert random achievement here] when I followed its directions. What happened?
A: Unfortunately, GHIII is glitched a little bit. If you didn't get that specific achievement, chances are that it's not your fault. Hopefully RedOctane will release a patch fixing it soon.

Q: How can I get that controller achievement? I don't want to play the game on Hard or Expert on the controller.
A: Good news. There's a glitch where you can shut down your 360 after you beat Career and sign back in w/ a controller. Access the menu of whichever mode you beat Career on and you should get the achievement instantly. More info here (http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=939093&topic=39192414).

Q: How do I get Whammy Mania easily?
A: Either by playing The Number of the Beast on Easy w/ the whammy bar(or thumbstick) taped or rubberbanded down OR beat the song and play another one and whammy all of the long notes in there. Voila.

mateo1472
10-30-2007, 10:30 PM
So that viking beast is metalhead?

Hyperion89
10-30-2007, 10:36 PM
That sounds like Lars (I think? The Kiss wanna-be) in his alt costume.

mateo1472
10-30-2007, 11:12 PM
The viking beast dude i've been seeing online is Lou but in a different outfit its called Thick Izzy u must buy lou then the outfit in the store and u get the viking beast i've been looking for!

TheOfficialKid
10-31-2007, 01:15 AM
So you can play Co-op career online right??? I wouldn't know even though i have the game...i just got my coffin to send my xbox in so it will be a while

Hyperion89
10-31-2007, 02:56 AM
Co-Op career, no. Regular co-op, yes.

killerharu45
10-31-2007, 05:02 AM
oooooo, i got one.

I don't see Through the Fire and Flames in the store? Where is it?

You unlock it after beating the game

Fr33701ays
10-31-2007, 07:52 AM
What happened to Slither, i checked on the Guitar Hero 3 website and it is shown on the setlist, but its nowhere in the game, WTF?!?!

UTSBlaze
10-31-2007, 01:11 PM
You can't use the Rock Band controller to play GH3. IGN did an article on
guitar compatability. It can navigate the menus but after the menus it is useless.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/830/830759p1.html

Valkynaz
10-31-2007, 01:21 PM
So that viking beast is metalhead?

You're thinking about Thick Izzy--Lou's alternate costume. Metalhead is that robot in the PS2/3 and Wii versions.

Valkynaz
10-31-2007, 01:26 PM
What happened to Slither, i checked on the Guitar Hero 3 website and it is shown on the setlist, but its nowhere in the game, WTF?!?!

It might be a song you have to unlock in Career Co-op.

Dr Buttcrack
10-31-2007, 01:45 PM
What about She Builds Quick Machines? Or is that Rock Band?

Oh, and I bought rechargable batteries with a charger at RadioShack for $20. Takes 30 minutes to charge fully, and they last for like 25 hours or something...

Valkynaz
10-31-2007, 02:14 PM
What about She Builds Quick Machines? Or is that Rock Band?

I don't think Velvet Revolver is in Guitar Hero 3.

Mortikie
10-31-2007, 08:09 PM
What happened to the Velvet Revolver songs?

Slither and She Builds Quick Machines were pulled. I believe they will be coming out as DLC soon though.

I beat the game, but I don't see [Song Title]. What happened?

Sabotage - Beastie Boys
Reptilia - The Strokes
Suck My Kiss - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll - Blue Oyster Cult
Helicopter - Bloc Party
Monsters - Matchbook Romance

All of these songs are unlocked through Co-op Career. They are the encores, and you unlock them in the order shown.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Through the Fire and Flames - Dragon Force is unlocked after you watch the credits after beating the game.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carcinogen Crush - AFI
Putting Holes in Happiness - Marilyn Manson (Nick Zinner Remix)
Tina - Flyleaf

These songs are unlocked after you buy the GH3 Soundtrack CD and redeem the code online.

DrizztDourden43
10-31-2007, 09:52 PM
The game will not give me the "Axe Collector" achievement, and I have all of the guitars I am able to buy. Is this just a glitch? Or did they make it so you have to unlock all of the guitars now too? Because believe me...I'm never getting 5 stars on all expert songs.

Krueger
10-31-2007, 10:05 PM
The game will not give me the "Axe Collector" achievement, and I have all of the guitars I am able to buy. Is this just a glitch? Or did they make it so you have to unlock all of the guitars now too? Because believe me...I'm never getting 5 stars on all expert songs.
you have to get 5 star guitars too i dont think i will get it either :(

DrizztDourden43
11-01-2007, 01:30 AM
Crap! I was hoping someone would tell me otherwise! lol. At least then I would have some chance of them fixing it later on! thanks for the help Krueger.

Rabid Piranha
11-01-2007, 04:30 AM
What pisses me off is they made some of these achievements unobtainable to normal people. 5 stars on every difficulty to get all the guitars....cmon! FTW
I'm glad the game is harder so I didn't just breeze through it like GH2, but these achievements can kiss my ass

Ho5tiLe D
11-01-2007, 05:56 AM
another question for the shrine. i know the coops are bugged to hell. i didnt get the easiest achievement. 2 by 4. 8x multiplier, is it bugged as well. i mean come on! its not like this game is running millions of lines of code. its quite simple. and yet still the achievments are buggy. the creators need to get their sh*t together, stop counting their cash and patch this for us!

Mortikie
11-01-2007, 10:54 PM
another question for the shrine. i know the coops are bugged to hell. i didnt get the easiest achievement. 2 by 4. 8x multiplier, is it bugged as well. i mean come on! its not like this game is running millions of lines of code. its quite simple. and yet still the achievments are buggy. the creators need to get their sh*t together, stop counting their cash and patch this for us!

Some of the Co-op achievements (Like getting 100% completion) can only be done off line, with a friend.

Ho5tiLe D
11-02-2007, 03:41 AM
can 2 by 4 only be done offline as well? i mean ill just have to try it i guess. its just irritating that to get the scoreing achievement, ie 500k song i need to do it with me as lead to get the achievement, then back out, go back in with my friend as lead for him to get the achievement. i would be so pissed if we have to go 1000 note streak or 2000 note streak twice........anyone else having this problem or should i be doing it offline.

Mortikie
11-03-2007, 01:01 AM
I got the Half a Mil` Club achievement (500,000 Co-op) as bass player online. But the 100% a song on Co-op I didn't get online.

thenixhex311
11-03-2007, 01:20 AM
me and a buddy played co-op online, Stricken on Expert and got like 650k and didnt get the half mil achievement. What gives?

OBSiD1aN xX
11-03-2007, 05:14 PM
Is there any way to get "Devil Went Down to Georgia" in QuickPlay mode or to play on multiplayer?

TwistedFate
11-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Is there any way to get "Devil Went Down to Georgia" in QuickPlay mode or to play on multiplayer?

Buy it. It's coming as DLC soon.

OBSiD1aN xX
11-03-2007, 10:43 PM

Oh ok. Thanks

bhaines23
11-03-2007, 11:00 PM
How do you use the Death Drain efficiently? I just use it as soon as I get it, but I lose most of the time hitting every note!

Beac
11-04-2007, 12:16 AM
You can get the 100% Co-Op online. That's how I got it. It only goes to the host it seems though as it didn't unlock for my buddy playing bass line.

Mr Hey
11-04-2007, 02:54 PM
I beat the game on hard...and I can't play TtFatF (not under bonus songs)
I got 512 k on One with a friend and he got the 500 k achievement and I didnt
I beat Number of the Beast with every whammy note (I know it was, I had it taped down) and got no achievement.

Whats with the glitches???

Dr Buttcrack
11-05-2007, 06:27 AM
How do you unlock the co op songs for single player career? I've already played through half of the co op campaign on medium, and don't have any of the ones we've already played in my single player setlist...

Valkynaz
11-05-2007, 08:30 AM
I beat the game on hard...and I can't play TtFatF (not under bonus songs)

I don't know what to tell you there. I guess restart your 360 and kick Lou's ass again on Easy or something and play through the entire DragonForce song while the credits roll.

I got 512 k on One with a friend and he got the 500 k achievement and I didnt

Did you play the song while his save profile was the active one? That might be the reason.

I beat Number of the Beast with every whammy note (I know it was, I had it taped down) and got no achievement.

Play 'Number of the Beast' again and pass it. Choose another song and play it while whammying all of the long notes and you should get it.

Sorry I couldn't be much help.

Valkynaz
11-05-2007, 08:31 AM
How do you unlock the co op songs for single player career? I've already played through half of the co op campaign on medium, and don't have any of the ones we've already played in my single player setlist...

I think you can only play the Co-op Career songs in Quick Play after you pass them.

UTSBlaze
11-05-2007, 07:09 PM
You can't use the Rock Band controller to play GH3. IGN did an article on
guitar compatability. It can navigate the menus but after the menus it is useless.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/830/830759p1.html
Are you gunna update your OP?

Mortikie
11-05-2007, 09:13 PM
I think you can only play the Co-op Career songs in Quick Play after you pass them.

Correct. You can't play any of the Co-op Career songs in single player career mode.

Also, to unlock the Dragon Force song, you must watch the credits at the end of the game. It will tell you that TtFaF is now unlocked and that a new guitar is now available in the store.

Mr Hey
11-06-2007, 12:40 AM
Ahhh, friend showed me by pressing the blue button to get to bonus songs, you will see Fire and Flames as well as other songs you bought :p
Ill just 500 k another song and I heard you have to be the host on some of the achievements

Vista
11-06-2007, 01:49 AM

neither are most people, this game is up there for one of the hardest 1000's on 360...

shiningcheese
11-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Does anyone know (for enlightened guitarist) if you 100% 20 songs on expert and some are in career and some in quick play if the achievement will unlock? Example: If you have 12 songs 100% in career and the remaining 8 you 100% in quick play; will you still get the achievement?

I ask this because a couple of the co-op songs you unlock are easy to 100% but they are only playable in quick play.

Dr Buttcrack
11-06-2007, 05:00 PM
I'll hopefully have the answer to that today...

jacob456
11-06-2007, 09:46 PM
Does anyone know (for enlightened guitarist) if you 100% 20 songs on expert and some are in career and some in quick play if the achievement will unlock? Example: If you have 12 songs 100% in career and the remaining 8 you 100% in quick play; will you still get the achievement?

I ask this because a couple of the co-op songs you unlock are easy to 100% but they are only playable in quick play.

Quickplay FCs do count towards the achievement, as well as career FCs.

crusaderV1
11-07-2007, 01:45 AM
Hey, any one know how to gold star a song? Is it just getting some mondo high score on it? Any Help would be good.

Beac
11-07-2007, 05:14 AM
Crusader - Hit 100% of the notes. Score doesn't matter, just can't miss any notes.

reaper527
11-07-2007, 05:17 AM
Hey, any one know how to gold star a song? Is it just getting some mondo high score on it? Any Help would be good.

hit all the notes, and don't break your combo, have fun doing that for 20 songs on expert though

honered1
11-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Some of the Co-op achievements (Like getting 100% completion) can only be done off line, with a friend.

That's not true, I got this achievement online while playing co-op. I think it might have been a glitch, but I started playing with someone, they quit during the middle of the song while we were both hitting 100% and then the achievement popped up. What I can't get online playing co-op is the score achievements like the 500,000 in co-op, I guess I'll have to do that offline.

Mortikie
11-10-2007, 03:14 PM
No, you still have to get the achievement offline, but some glitches online will give you some achievements by mistake. I got the Meet Your Maker achievement from a Co-op match when the other player quit. But I have 100% three songs with a friend online trying to get the 100% achievement. I still don't have it.

Fire Mage
11-10-2007, 06:18 PM
hit all the notes, and don't break your combo, have fun doing that for 20 songs on expert though
Wrong. You CAN break your combo and still get Gold Stars.

Gold Starring is just 100%. If you break your combo, like say, overstrumming, you can still get Gold Stars.

FCing a song is where you don't break your combo. (FC = Full Combo)

ph201
11-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Q: I didn't get Meet Your Maker during the Guitar Hero 3 weekend! How can I get it now?

A: This achievement is a viral achievement so you can beat someone who has beaten one of the creators or someone who beaten one of the creators. This can be achieved during player matches to make trading this achievement possible. For some unknown reason, just for playing co-op with someone who has it, you will get the achievement.

Q: I got 100% on a co-op song but I don't have it and to make things worse, my friend got it!

A: For whatever reason you MUST be the lead guitarist when you 100% a song to get the achievement. If you didn't get it you were most likely playing bass/rhythm.

Q: How do I know which achievements can be gotten on Quick Play and Career???

A: The only for sure known achievements that I know are Streaker achievements in which Quick Play is blatantly stated, Who Needs the Power, and Whammy Mania. For the other achievements it would be best to do them on career to save yourself from headaches.

Star Mania must be gotten on QUICK PLAY.

Q: How do I know which achievements can be gotten in the local mode Co-op Career or the online co-op mode?

A: The achievement that needs to be done on Co-op Career (Locally) is That's What Friends Are For. All other co-op achievements can be completed on either mode and the same glitch in which the lead guitarist gets the achievement and the bass/rhythm doesn't may apply for these achievements.

Q: If I 5 starred every song in every career game mode I still wouldn't have enough money to buy everything from the store! How can this be?

A: Your answer is co-op career. (Local) The same money rules apply in co-op career giving you plenty of money to buy everything in the store. However there is one thing you might overlook. If one of you is playing on expert while the other is playing on medium, you would only get the amount of money for medium. The fact that one of the players played on expert is ignored.

Q: 2,000 note streak in co-op? Hardest achievement in the game?

A: Not at all, Through the Flames and Fire on easy will do the trick easily.

Q: Never Gonna Spend It All? Can I spend or not?

A: Yes, you can spend your career cash, this achievement marks the total amount of cash, whether you've spent it or not, that you have gained through your entire career.

The desperate CAN make multiple bands for this and the Too Many To Count achievement.

Q: What's "Gold Starring" a song?

A: This term is meant to describe the 5 gold stars that appear when you get 100% notes hit on a song.

Q: What's the term "FC"?

A: This means "Full Combo", another term for getting 100% notes hit on a song.

Q: Can I play Devil Goes Down To Georgia in anything that doesn't include battling Lou?

A: No. :'('

Q: What are the controls for the standard controller as the colors don't match the fret colors?

A:

LT - Green

LB - Red

RB - Yellow

RT - Blue

A - Orange

Q: The Long Road Ahead achievement is really fuzzy. Can you give me details on it?

A:

1. Beating all career modes INCLUDES co-op career modes.

2. The 100 matches can be player and do not have to be actual wins, as long you play through its entirety.

punker
11-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Q: I got 100% on a co-op song but I don't have it and to make things worse, my friend got it!

A: For whatever reason you MUST be the lead guitarist when you 100% a song to get the achievement. If you didn't get it you were most likely playing bass/rhythm.

I'm gonna have to say, this answer isn't accurate.

My friend hosted the room, he played lead guitar, I played bass. We got 100% on the song, I got the achievement... he didn't.

Honestly, I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to any of this. The achievements in this game-- more specifically, the online co-op ones-- are just horribly glitched. They just seem to be very finicky... sometimes you'll get them, sometimes you won't.

benbam87
11-11-2007, 12:45 AM

I got mine all fine but i played someone on the same console not online

Mr Hey
11-11-2007, 01:12 AM
Can someone explain whats wrong?

I got 512k on One with a friend, he was host and I played bass. He got the achievement and I didn't. Today I played with a different friend, I was host and lead guitar for One and we got 542k and nether got the achievement.

BTW to any retards who ask, no I dont have the achievement already

Kyton912
11-11-2007, 03:20 AM
how do i use star power on a controler

ViperxSniper
11-11-2007, 03:49 AM

Actually, Red Octane has said that the Boss songs will be free DLC and will be out sometime this month

benbam87
11-11-2007, 09:42 AM

The back button.

ph201
11-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Can someone explain whats wrong?

I got 512k on One with a friend, he was host and I played bass. He got the achievement and I didn't. Today I played with a different friend, I was host and lead guitar for One and we got 542k and nether got the achievement.

BTW to any retards who ask, no I dont have the achievement already

Read my Q and A's 3 posts above you. Also hosting does help you if you don't get it. It really is randomized. It's all about trying different ways.

Samsonism
11-15-2007, 08:22 AM
Hey guys, I was wondering if I would be able to enter cheats with a standard controller because there isnt a strum on the controller, i have tried, but it doesnt register any any of the codes because i cant strum... So if anyone can help, that would be greatly aprreciated

Crabbyjon
11-16-2007, 04:28 AM
The back button.

or push up on the d-pad!

zdarko43
11-20-2007, 03:50 PM
question: i've already beaten the setlist for easy, medium, and most of hard and a little bit of expert, but all with the right flip.

can i go and REDO the easy songs with the lefty flip and still be rewarded the achievement? or do i need to do an entire brand new setlist with the left flip??

i've been wondering this and i'd hate to start a new career just for this one achievement.

thanks guys!

pwjuggalo
11-20-2007, 06:19 PM
Ok well here is my problem i played through easy co-op with my girlfreind yesterday she forgot to sign into here career and at the end only i got the achievment for "thats what friends are for"....today we just spent over 2hrs playing with a new band on easy in co-op creer and at the end neither one of us got any acheivements we 5 star all songs as well as i played lead the whole time and she played backup and niether one of those achievments unlocked either....i have read that all the co-op acheivements are glitchy but i would have figured that it would have atleast unlocked one of them....does she have to be the first player to get "thats what friends are for" also why didnt anything else unlock i haven't seen any other complaints about this so any info or ideas would be great thanks

Ho5tiLe D
11-23-2007, 07:12 AM
I was just wondering if the rest of you have the situation where certians parts of a song are silent. For instance the beginning of Bulls on Parade in career is completely silent yet when I play coop I can hear the guitar.

Every once in a while when I activate star power the notes dissapear for a split second. Usually the first time I activate star power on the first song I play. After that its fine.

If you all have the same thing happening I'd like to hear about it. Hopefully its a patchable game glitch and not my 360

benbam87
11-23-2007, 07:39 AM
question: i've already beaten the setlist for easy, medium, and most of hard and a little bit of expert, but all with the right flip.

can i go and REDO the easy songs with the lefty flip and still be rewarded the achievement? or do i need to do an entire brand new setlist with the left flip??

i've been wondering this and i'd hate to start a new career just for this one achievement.

thanks guys!

Sorry to say but yep you have to lol it is so stupid. :(

n1n3t33nd3lta
11-23-2007, 03:43 PM
man, these TTFAF achievements are fucking insane. anyone that can beat it on expert and get star power at least 3 times must be god of this game, because i can't make it passed like the first min. of the song.

-Scott-emm-
11-26-2007, 07:14 PM
:confused:why is this game so dear? i know that you get a wireless guitar with it but its not like you can use it playin gears if war or something because you just run in circles. so why is it so dear with the guitar included?:confused:

Ho5tiLe D
11-27-2007, 12:43 AM
Ok well here is my problem i played through easy co-op with my girlfreind yesterday she forgot to sign into here career and at the end only i got the achievment for "thats what friends are for"....today we just spent over 2hrs playing with a new band on easy in co-op creer and at the end neither one of us got any acheivements we 5 star all songs as well as i played lead the whole time and she played backup and niether one of those achievments unlocked either....i have read that all the co-op acheivements are glitchy but i would have figured that it would have atleast unlocked one of them....does she have to be the first player to get "thats what friends are for" also why didnt anything else unlock i haven't seen any other complaints about this so any info or ideas would be great thanks

at least you are playing with a girl right? ~ haha all the girls i know dont really play games let alone guitar hero. you should be thankful. i dont know what to say about neither of you getting the achievement tho. except you should be the first to sign in, aka bring up your hard drive info for guitar hero. now her, if you want the achievement for your gamertag, which is what im guessing what you want

n1n3t33nd3lta
11-27-2007, 09:51 AM
O.o...my girlfriend and I usually play co-op. she's not the best in the world, but she can hold her own. only fault i see in her, she can't get the strumming right for the bass line of baracuda.

Ho5tiLe D
11-28-2007, 11:09 PM
man im so confused about long road ahead, people sayin coop career counts, doenst count, unranked matched do or dont count.

plus if youve dont all that stuff would there not be much of a road ahead? just getting the 500 wins..............

edit....i dont know how this got posted here, i think i was reading on the first page of the thread and clicked post reply. sorry

aswipe21
12-01-2007, 03:12 AM
Any tips for mastering "hard". Also any tips for just beating Raining Blood. Thanx:)

Mr Hey
12-02-2007, 10:18 PM
Will going back and playing over songs I have already beat to get higher scores/just for fun count towards the 250,000 note achievement?

kornfan2007
12-04-2007, 02:57 PM
One thing I have heard but not tested is that if you use the cheats to unlock everything (guitars etc) then you will get the achievements for it. It means you dont have to 5 star everything to unlock all the guitars. Hope it helps

OldWIKI TIK
12-05-2007, 12:46 AM
Will going back and playing over songs I have already beat to get higher scores/just for fun count towards the 250,000 note achievement?

Oh definately, also, beating your previous high score on a song earns you 2 groupies most of the time.

Mr Hey
12-05-2007, 04:33 AM
Sweet just got this from failing the Tom Morello solo song!

Ho5tiLe D
12-11-2007, 07:52 AM

i believe its the "Back" button......or what would normally be "Select"

JimboDangerous
12-16-2007, 03:15 PM
for the 100 million points achievement, do i have to do it under the same difficulty, or could i have 25 million in easy, 25 mil in medium etc etc?

GoFFe
12-16-2007, 04:17 PM
for the 100 million points achievement, do i have to do it under the same difficulty, or could i have 25 million in easy, 25 mil in medium etc etc? On any difficulty. I don't think it counts in multiple bands though. So if you're striving for it, play the songs in the same band.

Ios Matthew
12-16-2007, 06:18 PM
I got the ach with the 8x online so maybe i got it befor it becam glitchy:confused:

GuitarGod69
01-08-2008, 04:11 AM
hey guys sorry if this was already discussed in another thread but i was wondering if for the 100 million points in career achievement if that was like cumulative for all the songs you beat. i know it has to be done with just 1 band but can you keep playing songs on easy and eventually get it? thanks

mjpartyboy
01-08-2008, 01:58 PM
man, these TTFAF achievements are fucking insane. anyone that can beat it on expert and get star power at least 3 times must be god of this game, because i can't make it passed like the first min. of the song.
There's a video on YouTube of a guy playing it on Expert and he gets 98% and the Inhuman Achievement. I can't get the link right now because YouTube is blocked at work, but it's around 8:25 long and the still image is a guy with dark hair sat leaning back. I struggle with it on medium!

INSANEKID13
01-18-2008, 09:55 PM
hey guys sorry if this was already discussed in another thread but i was wondering if for the 100 million points in career achievement if that was like cumulative for all the songs you beat. i know it has to be done with just 1 band but can you keep playing songs on easy and eventually get it? thanks

I DON'T THINK IT IS THROUGH DIFFERENT BANDS BUT SAME BAND DIFFERENT DIFFICULTY = YES

naiku
01-19-2008, 03:29 PM
I only have 3songs left on hard to 5star...and expert I still have the tier6-8 songs still to 5 star. I must not be getting "pull offs" or whatever.

One expert Solo Section A just kicked my ass...so I came to you guys for help. Its sorta like Hard mode but quicker and since I am about 20k away from a 5star on Hard might as well learn how to do those streams.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

DarkPyroGuy_09
01-20-2008, 06:26 AM
Does anybody know what the phone jack plug-in on the GHIII wireless controller is for ? It would be nice to know. Thanks :confused:

Rammbone
01-22-2008, 02:16 AM
Question: What are the requirements to 5 star a song? On all the different levels ( Easy, Medium, Hard & Expert )

Netnabi4
01-22-2008, 02:20 AM
Question: What are the requirements to 5 star a song? On all the different levels ( Easy, Medium, Hard & Expert )

There is a certain score you must get and you must also have a certain average multiplier. I believe the average multiplier is 2.8 and up but for each song the score is obviously different.

http://www.scorehero.com/songstats.php?stat=2&group=4&game=6&diff=

There is the link to scorehero's stat page. It has all of the cutoffs you need.

Mr Coolwip
01-22-2008, 03:27 AM
100 Million Point Achievement:

I was wondering, and I know this has been asked before, but do you have to TOP your previous high score each time to get this achievement? Because I notice that my career score only moves higher each time I top my previous high score. I also noticed that on guitarhero.com, I have 35 something million total.

But I was wondering, say I score 400k on Knights of Cydonia 100 times, would that lead to the achievement, or do I have to top each previous score and get my career score to 100 million, as noted on the bottom of the setlist?

Thanks!

killlah631
01-22-2008, 03:40 AM
I'm wondering the same thing, my career score has stayed at 10 million-ish and it only increases if I top previous scores, but it wouldn't be possible I don't think to get 100 million by just topping high scores, there is only say 70 songs on expert, and 50% of them get you under a half a mil, so that would be 35 mil. if you got 500K on every song, and then less points for hard, medium, and easy...so it's got to be able to be done over and over on songs.

TheColdWolf
03-02-2008, 05:32 AM
Some sites aren't that accurate maybe this one isn't either.

xENVxGAMERSKREW
03-05-2008, 04:24 PM
What happened to the Velvet Revolver songs?

Slither and She Builds Quick Machines were pulled. I believe they will be coming out as DLC soon though.

I beat the game, but I don't see [Song Title]. What happened?

Sabotage - Beastie Boys
Reptilia - The Strokes
Suck My Kiss - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll - Blue Oyster Cult
Helicopter - Bloc Party
Monsters - Matchbook Romance

All of these songs are unlocked through Co-op Career. They are the encores, and you unlock them in the order shown.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Through the Fire and Flames - Dragon Force is unlocked after you watch the credits after beating the game.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carcinogen Crush - AFI
Putting Holes in Happiness - Marilyn Manson (Nick Zinner Remix)
Tina - Flyleaf

These songs are unlocked after you buy the GH3 Soundtrack CD and redeem the code online. Niice thanks i was playing with a friend but he didnt know how he got em (moron haha) now to convince my brother to play with me is a different story...lol

dam i love AFI, Marilyn Manson, Flyleaf but im not to sure if i want to buy a sountrack just for that.

Dazz
03-22-2008, 11:26 PM
Hey guys, couldn't find it in the topic so figured I'd ask.

The controller achievement, me and my brother have both been stuck on the Knights of Cydonia track on Hard for a week now. We can't even get past the first galloping part, using a standard controller (because I personally believe if theye xpect you to beat Hard or Expert with a controller for the achievement then it's do-able) but even if lucky enough to get star power by the gallop, use it and we're on top part of green, by the time the second gallop starts we fail every time, always at 27%. I just now got to 30% but can't get further.

Any tips?

Gorjira
03-22-2008, 11:29 PM

The controller achievement, me and my brother have both been stuck on the Knights of Cydonia track on Hard for a week now. We can't even get past the first galloping part, using a standard controller (because I personally believe if theye xpect you to beat Hard or Expert with a controller for the achievement then it's do-able) but even if lucky enough to get star power by the gallop, use it and we're on top part of green, by the time the second gallop starts we fail every time, always at 27%. I just now got to 30% but can't get further.

Any tips?

You can always cheat it...Beat it on hard normal, turn 360 off, turn back on with controler as player 1 and you should get it on your set list.

If you wanna do it legit... Im not sure. Fast fingers.

Dazz
03-23-2008, 12:20 AM
That's the thing man, been trying with a controller since I got the game purely to help with this one achievement rather than get used to it as I go and struggle, it's got to the point I can't play using the guitar on Easy (I can FC Slow Ride on Easy with the controller but with a guitar, say goodbye to those notes I missed).

I've tried every method from the Track and Field style of playing them to whatever else, this one song....worst part is Cult of Personality is right after taunting me about the achievement for that song too

Gorjira
03-23-2008, 12:26 AM
Ah...Well... There are people who suck with the guitar, but are Gods with the pad. Maybe, with a lot of practice, you'll become one. But Id 100% advice you to pick up the guitar and keep playing with it, youll get so much better. Trust me. Theres no way you'll be able to beat RB expert, or TTFAF with a pad. Unless you have superman fingers, or 10 arms... Its worth it aswell, when you see yourself hitting amazing riffs with hammer on's...It just feels so natural ;]

Ben Sharpe
03-23-2008, 11:49 PM
Okay i really want to unlock reptila and helicopter is there anyway to get these online now? i just dont have anyone that could do it with me, all my friends hate guitar hero :(

Please help

khamelion
04-02-2008, 02:08 PM
ive been pummeled by lou several times now on hard, all of them were just before i could reach johnny's solo. i know that a whammy will kill him easily but i never get them against him, seems to be double notes (not too great) and broken string (youre kidding, right?)
i did hear of a glitch which drains his meter at the beginning of the song but i cant find it anywhere on the net, does anyone here know how to do it?

!xobile
04-08-2008, 07:01 PM

Any tips?

i am stuck on the same song aswell wit controller but when i tried the last tier songs.... omg there even worse i would advise you to just cheat cause its crazy to press the button so quick... and its like brockin my RB button doing tht rofl

P.S i suck with guitar but im learning :P

Marzera
04-09-2008, 02:36 AM
Need help with Buy a guitar already achievement? Want to do it legit? Looky v

Knights of Cydonia:
I know what you are thinking, oh I can't get passed the part after the held notes without using starpower. Well if you have trouble getting the starpower needed, use the analog stick on the held notes and if you do it enough you will beable to get it. You should have no problem

Raining Blood: Practice and starpower, all you need. Hit the green notes after the beginning as fast as you can, and do your best on the mosh (pull offs)

One: Ignore the score, just save up your star power, use two fingers to hit the green buttons and save your starpower till you are on the brink of failing. It will take some time.

Lou guitar battle: You will be unable to fail if you can slide your hands along the controller like if it were second nature. Speed is the key.

Use hyperspeedx5 (4 if you think it'd be better) for the songs and x2 or x3 for the guitar battle.

If you need further help, PM me and I will try my best to include a long description. Remember this is only for people using controller. I could help you if you have a guitar but you'd be better off asking someone who doesn't play Guitar Hero.

MsaHro Hayamoto
04-29-2008, 07:55 PM
My Brother got "100 Million" halfway though One on Expert failing the song. The "200,000 Notes" hit was after as song he had played 100 times already.

As I get 400,000 points (1000 notes) on (F)lannigan's Ball things wouldn't take long, but does the song count count when it's DLC?

mchcr125
05-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Yes, I got the achievement while playing Slither

zdarko43
05-20-2008, 12:07 AM
do both people get the achievements in the coop career or just the main profile?

TheColdWolf
05-20-2008, 03:31 PM
My Brother got "100 Million" halfway though One on Expert failing the song. The "200,000 Notes" hit was after as song he had played 100 times already.

As I get 400,000 points (1000 notes) on (F)lannigan's Ball things wouldn't take long, but does the song count count when it's DLC?

I have been wondering the same thing for a while now. Too.

Suprachris
07-03-2008, 07:34 AM
False, my girlfriend's brother got it online, he did the 100% but the other guy didn't and the achievement unlocked for him though (but not for the other player who failed the 100%).

BUT, if you play local, both players have to FC the song to unlock the achievement.

DiGGeR
07-07-2008, 06:45 PM
I have a question. If I am going for "Life of the Party
Host Ranked Online matches and win 15 consecutive songs" and we choose the best of 7 battle mode or w/e, and you win the 4/7 does it count as though you won all 7 or just the 4 you actually won or needed to win?

Edit: I finished and it turns out only the 4 wins count, although when doing battle i didnt think about the fact that the songs are only as long as someone failing. So we just traded off strumming with out hitting notes. Only took us 40min or so to get all 3 15 consecutive songs achievements for both.

Mr Hey
07-13-2008, 07:09 AM
For the 100 million point achievement, do online co op matches count for it even though I dont think those points are saved? I hope they do cause really no other way for me to get it since definately not worth it to do lotsa single careers. If it does count, Ill just get a million on co op on the Entren song a bunch of times.

rrapp00
08-12-2008, 01:14 PM
I have a question?

Q:

If I am playing an online ranked match and the player quits out, do I still get credit for a win towards myconsecutive win streak?

KindredPOKER
08-12-2008, 06:21 PM
I have a question?

Q:

If I am playing an online ranked match and the player quits out, do I still get credit for a win towards myconsecutive win streak?

Yes it still counts.

JJBDude
08-15-2008, 11:53 AM
I am going through Co-Op career with my girlfriend and I have nearly done all the songs as lead guitarist. Once I have done that I want to go back and do all songs as bass. My question is can I just replay the songs we just did in the same career but with me now being bass?

I am pretty sure the answer is yes but I hate doing these achievements because you never know when it could glitch on you, so I'm asking if anybody else has done this before I bother trying. Cheers.

Stufin135
08-15-2008, 12:07 PM
I am going through Co-Op career with my girlfriend and I have nearly done all the songs as lead guitarist. Once I have done that I want to go back and do all songs as bass. My question is can I just replay the songs we just did in the same career but with me now being bass?

I am pretty sure the answer is yes but I hate doing these achievements because you never know when it could glitch on you, so I'm asking if anybody else has done this before I bother trying. Cheers.

im not to sure on that one but try playing on a higher or lower dificulty and if not create a new band. This is just to make sure as i would think it counts but its a just incase :P lol

plantman
09-26-2008, 07:24 AM
when i go on this game my dlc songs wont come up except for topgun(woohoo) if i have my xbox online thy come up no probs but i cnt always have my xbox online. they used to work all the time but recently thy just dont come up its annoying because i like to play the dragon force songs also i looked on my hd and there all saved there but just dont show , any help much appreciated.

Punker10
01-01-2009, 04:55 PM
Abit of a follow on from the above, does anyone know if when you download songs for the world tour version they work in Guitar Hero 3?

hezekiah
01-01-2009, 05:00 PM
From what I've read, only the Death Magnetic album is compatible between games (GH3, GHWT, and will be with GHM).

mdgamer86
01-11-2009, 07:03 AM
Ok, im confused...for the 100 million point achievement, now I'm sure this was asked and answered but I can't find it so im gonna ask again...is the campaign score the one to go by, or is just say in expert career? please help me, damn achievement is so vague...

Crimson Ridley
01-11-2009, 07:07 AM
The campaign score. That's your overall score, whereas your Career score is just every score from that career totaled up.

mdgamer86
01-11-2009, 07:12 AM
thanks for the clarification dude...much apprecieated

xl4m8x0fxg0dx
01-11-2009, 06:44 PM
for the life of the party achievement i have a 16 win streak and no achievement but i did this through quitting when i know i was beat and some other people left early and one time someone quit b4 any notes were even hit so it said it was a tie but it didn't seem to mess up my streak on the leaderboards... does any of this have anything to do with this missing achievement? btw this was all on PFO.

Crimson Ridley
01-11-2009, 06:53 PM
If you quit, you break your streak. At least I think you do. Remember one of the Achievements is for joining and winning 15 songs, while the other is for hosting and winning 15 songs.

Also remember that if you are in a best of 7 and you win 2, then your opponent wins 1, you lose your streak as the Achievement is for songs.

xl4m8x0fxg0dx
01-11-2009, 09:02 PM
i know, i've been hosting them. the x360a guide for that achievement says this is very easy due to quitting out like going to your dashboard or ejecting the disc... according to the leader boards i still have a streak of 17 and i just won a song a couple minutes ago so the streak is still supposedly active.

mdgamer86
01-11-2009, 11:38 PM
for the long road ahead achievement does playing songs online in coop go towards the play 100 online matches?

Fully Avenged
04-01-2009, 09:23 PM
for the long road ahead achievement does playing songs online in coop go towards the play 100 online matches?

I believe these must be competitive matches.

Fully Avenged
04-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Ok, im confused...for the 100 million point achievement, now I'm sure this was asked and answered but I can't find it so im gonna ask again...is the campaign score the one to go by, or is just say in expert career? please help me, damn achievement is so vague...

Just to give MD a bit more of a help with this, career score is all the difficulties, of all the bands, totalled together.

Just so you know, career songs, bonus songs and downloaded songs all count towards this 100,000,000 Points. (Oh and, just so you rest assured, I have this achievement, so I know what I'm talking about).

Hope this helps buddy. :)

GrilledFerret
06-04-2009, 04:27 AM
Will somebody please confirm this for me.

Is the Big Ol' Pile of Wins songs or matches and if it is songs, is it just main career songs, bonus songs, or downloaded songs, or all three. I need someone to clarify this please because this is the last achievement i need for my 1000/1000.

Trombonafide
07-10-2009, 11:56 PM
Is there any place you can check your amount of matches played / won? I'm working towards "Long Road Ahead" and "Big Ol' Pile of Wins" and I'd like to keep up with my progress.

ThaFireman
07-21-2009, 01:10 AM
This is more of an opinion question but which is easier GH3 on Expert or GH 2 on Expert? I thought GH3 Expert was gonna be ABSOLUTE hell, but I've got 4 songs left and I've only failed like 5-6 times. Maybe I'm better at GH than I think I am.

Dr.Feelgood
09-13-2009, 05:08 AM
i need help for the buy a guitar already achievment do u have to go threw a carer and beat it or can u just go to a carer u already beat and do it?

CyberPunch83
10-06-2009, 09:29 PM
One thing I have not seen added to the shrine: Do Bonus songs and DLC songs count towards the 100 million achievement? I know they don't towards never gonna spend it all, but do they work for the 100 mill?

Ningamer
10-29-2009, 06:01 PM
Bonus + DLC songs count towards the 100m achievement.
You can track your online progress by registering your GH3 at community.guitarhero.com

Is 'Big Pile O' Wins' songs or matches?

BurningBlaze21
11-21-2009, 06:28 PM
This may have already been answered but I know you cannot do co-op campaign on xbox live, but for the achievements Guitar Wizard and Back-Up Hero can you play all the songs online in co-op with a friend and get the achievement?

Like if I were to play it with my friend online and we went through the setlist and extra songs and i play them all as lead guitar and he plays all on bass then we switch. Would the achievement unlock.

Ice Cub
09-21-2010, 12:06 PM
this is an easy one... tape your whammy bar down with duck tape the play on easy and just hit all the chords

Bobalue
06-24-2012, 03:34 AM
For completing the co-op career and getting Guitar Wizard, Back Up Hero, and That's What Friends Are For, I know that only the primary account will get them. Learned that the hard way.

What I would like to know is if there is some way to make it so that after the primary account gets it, the secondary one can as well, possibly by replaying a song, switching an account in some way or another, etc.

I'm not sure what it would be, but I'm just looking to see if there is an easier way to get these than do it all twice.

l Zleek l
09-25-2012, 10:11 PM
Will somebody please confirm this for me.

Is the Big Ol' Pile of Wins songs or matches and if it is songs, is it just main career songs, bonus songs, or downloaded songs, or all three. I need someone to clarify this please because this is the last achievement i need for my 1000/1000.

You can get this achievement by winning 500 songs. What I did with my GF is set up a best of 7 battle, slow ride every single song, and since she already had 200 and I had 0, I lost the first 3, and won the last 4 every time. Probably took not even 10 hours for both of us to get it

l Zleek l
09-25-2012, 10:14 PM
One thing I have not seen added to the shrine: Do Bonus songs and DLC songs count towards the 100 million achievement? I know they don't towards never gonna spend it all, but do they work for the 100 mill?

every single song (as long as it's in a career) counts towards this achievement. I highly recommend playing for never gonna spend it all (get $350k) because that will take up a lot of points and you get another achievement along the way. If you 5 star everything on expert (like me) once you 5* every difficulty once, and expert again 1.5 more times, you should be at around 60 million with the 350k achievement.