PDA

View Full Version : Has It Really Come To This...

BlitZx HyPnOsIs
05-16-2006, 08:20 PM
People are now cheating for achievements. Why does this happen with everything. I really thought that achievements would be something that people would enjoy playing for or getting them after working for them. But as usual there has to be people to ruin it. (See link)

Bye bye top 100 :(

:uzi: @#$% Cheaters!

http://www.360gamesaves.com

The Perfect Gun
05-16-2006, 10:18 PM
wow, and for Full Auto there is one for all achievements and online ranking!
Link - http://360gamesaves.com/search.php?act=view&id=155

KilluhKam
05-16-2006, 10:34 PM
lol that is stupid now we'll see a bunch of noobs with all achievements for every game what a pity

Sarge McLarge
05-16-2006, 10:36 PM
wow, and for Full Auto there is one for all achievements and online ranking!
Link - http://360gamesaves.com/search.php?act=view&id=155

Damn, thats lame. When this becomes more popular everyone with a high gamerscore will be accused of cheating and there will be know way of confirming if they got the achievements with downloaded gamesaves or not. I don't really care how I stand on a global level though, I just basically like to compete with friends and such, but this just isn't right.

g4m3r7ag
05-16-2006, 10:43 PM
ยท If I download a saved game file, will this unlock the achievement as well?Unfortunately it will not. If you want the achievement points you will need to actually achieve them yourself. When you meet the goal to get the achievement, it activates the achievement in the actual game. The achievement has nothing to do with the actual saved game file.

For example, if you download a game save that has every level of Call of Duty 2 unlocked, you will not automatically receive the achievement for "Completing Basic Training" or "Won the War."

Again, this will not unlock achievements if you download these game files

thats on their site if you would look, and full auto is the only one that unlocks the achievements, and it does not unlock everysingle achievement.

Webb
05-16-2006, 10:44 PM
It will soon become apparent when gamerscore means diddly squat!

TimidKillah
05-16-2006, 10:50 PM
waahhhh. I'm at work and can't see the article, but from what you guys have posted, at least I'm glad that its not affecting the acheivements .....yet

g4m3r7ag
05-16-2006, 10:55 PM
it affects full auto, thats about it, unless im missing something

Sarge McLarge
05-16-2006, 11:00 PM
It might not give you achievements but it will be able to give people an advantage. Theoretically you could just save a game right before you would unlock an achievement, then when someone else loads up all they have to do is play a little and they'll get it. An example would be saving before the last match in a Top Spin career so people could get the 1000 points achievement with minimal effort.

TimidKillah
05-16-2006, 11:10 PM
It might not give you achievements but it will be able to give people an advantage. Theoretically you could just save a game right before you would unlock an achievement, then when someone else loads up all they have to do is play a little and they'll get it. An example would be saving before the last match in a Top Spin career so people could get the 1000 points achievement with minimal effort.

Damn. that would be foul. I'm still busting my hump trying to finish that.

Webb
05-16-2006, 11:27 PM

My sentiments exactly :D

Was gonna put that earlier, but i've been feeling really lazy today :p

Minty
05-17-2006, 12:02 AM
yeah the idea got kicked around on the forum months abck, but we get enough lame people already :p

g4m3r7ag
05-17-2006, 02:54 AM
true, and after browsing their forums again, since i havent done it since around the time full auto came out, there have been other games where you can get achievements right away, but im not gonna say which.

scoobydiesel
05-17-2006, 03:17 AM
I think an easy way to figure out if someone is cheater achievement wise woyuld be to see if they beat the game all on the same date or something, i mena yeah some games you can already but maybe...shit i dunno sounded good before i started typing

SpideR NY
05-17-2006, 03:26 AM
I think an easy way to figure out if someone is cheater achievement wise woyuld be to see if they beat the game all on the same date or something, i mena yeah some games you can already but maybe...shit i dunno sounded good before i started typing I get what you mean scoob. I mean if you cheat to get .... NBA Live, NBA 2k, etc then people might not know because these games could all be finished in one day. But if you get lets say, PDZ, PGR, Tiger, ETC ETC in one day then for sure its bogus. Most games would take more then a day so...

BlitZx HyPnOsIs
05-17-2006, 03:32 AM
pretty much all the saves on their have them set up to where as soon as u put it on u get the achievements or u just have one thing left to do and then u get it. i'm not going to sell out everyone but i know at least 25% of the top 25 do this.

i love how the site says that the point of the site is not for achievements but for people to download the saves and then be able to enjoy the full game experience. how would this effect anything? u have the game 100% thats it.

i know how to tell if people actually do this. Go to xbox.com and look at their games played and if the dates are all out of order then they used game saves. Ex. http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/Achievements/ViewAchievementSummary.aspx?compareTo=NOGGIN+SHOTZ & http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/Achievements/ViewAchievementSummary.aspx?compareTo=x+GeorgiaBoy +x

if you go down through all the games they've played and look at the dates...they'll be out of order and scrambled. If it's like this then u know they cheated.

As far as all legit people i don't think it would be a big surprise to me if The King had someone else do some achievements for him.

TimidKillah
05-17-2006, 03:40 AM
Thanks, but no thanks. I'll keep doing them at my slow ass pace. At least I get to enjoy what I'm playing.:p

DisturbedDan
05-17-2006, 04:28 AM
look at the process to even do that. Waste of time. I would rather earn them.

TimidKillah
05-17-2006, 05:03 AM
i know how to tell if people actually do this. Go to xbox.com and look at their games played and if the dates are all out of order then they used game saves. Ex. http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/Achievements/ViewAchievementSummary.aspx?compareTo=NOGGIN+SHOTZ & http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/Achievements/ViewAchievementSummary.aspx?compareTo=x+GeorgiaBoy +x

if you go down through all the games they've played and look at the dates...they'll be out of order and scrambled. If it's like this then u know they cheated.

As far as all legit people i don't think it would be a big surprise to me if The King had someone else do some achievements for him.

Shit you're right!!! I clicked on your first link then I replaced NOGGIN+SHOTZ with your gamertag and I see exactly what you mean about the dates being out off order. With you they start in a descending order nice and neat. With Noggin they're all over the place. Nice catch:Bounce:

By the way, TheKing's are all in order.... I checked

snafegeeza
05-17-2006, 05:05 AM
Personally I couldnt give a toss if people wanna cheat or not, its there sad ass life. It does devalue other peoples achievments though which I dont like. Theres no satisfaction in saving someone elses achievement. I love the little chink noise it makes when you unlock one and cheating would be pointless. Im all for teaming up with people for achievements on live, which is sort of bending the rules but cheating like this would take all the fun away from achievements.

By the way people who cheat this way deserve to die slowly.

k_dog
05-17-2006, 05:41 AM
All I want to know is...

How much is Blitz Sin getting paid to have slogans in his signature?

Minty
05-17-2006, 08:45 AM
what happened to your advertising campaign?!

BlitZx HyPnOsIs
05-17-2006, 06:25 PM
All I want to know is...

How much is Blitz Sin getting paid to have slogans in his signature?

$100 a post :woop:

k_dog
05-17-2006, 06:39 PM
Maybe they should pay you more to have a new gamerpic rather than have mine.

As there ARE roughly 9-10 DIFFERENT colors of the one you are using as opposed to mine.

KilluhKam
05-17-2006, 09:58 PM
pretty much all the saves on their have them set up to where as soon as u put it on u get the achievements or u just have one thing left to do and then u get it. i'm not going to sell out everyone but i know at least 25% of the top 25 do this.

i love how the site says that the point of the site is not for achievements but for people to download the saves and then be able to enjoy the full game experience. how would this effect anything? u have the game 100% thats it.

which game r u looking at on his thing? all the ones i see either say achieved or the dates are in order or are u looking at the dates that he played the game on?

g4m3r7ag
05-17-2006, 10:36 PM
if its the dates played on then mine are off too, because its last time played ONLINE, i played kameo in about march, but was offline, so the date still says january something, so its mixed in with all the ones around march, if your talking about the achievements acquired on, then most of noggins i seen were offline, just acquired

Helacool360
05-17-2006, 11:31 PM
You all care about these people cheating???? As long as your not the ones cheating why care?

g4m3r7ag
05-18-2006, 01:12 AM
yea as long as your not in a rivalry and your rival isnt cheating to win i dont see the point in all the bitching, hell i might do some of these, but not until im done with my race to 15k, whether i win or lose

KilluhKam
05-18-2006, 04:34 AM
lol i dont care ppl wanna cheat then let em it aint me so yeah idc

snafegeeza
06-15-2006, 07:03 PM
Blitz is a hypocrit. What a cock:nana

KilluhKam
06-15-2006, 07:04 PM
Blitz is a hypocrit. What a cock:nana

im not trying 2 start anything but was that really called for?

snafegeeza
06-15-2006, 07:07 PM
Yeah it was.

not only a cheater but a liar.:nana

Webb
06-15-2006, 07:11 PM
Closed before it turns into a war. The other thread can be used to discuss this topic ;)