PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Drop Down

Vista
10-25-2007, 07:51 PM
I was thinking since everyone has been complaining on the number of stickies for each thread (like halo 3) why not have either a drop down menu of stickies or one of those "spoiler click here" things that shows all of the stickies. This would leave more room for non-stickied threads :)

razzleson
10-25-2007, 08:01 PM
The more people have to do to look at stickies the less they're going to use them.

Stickies are there for new members of the site who don't know how to properly find things (i.e. search) without them. So making them less out in the open would just cause more spam.

Zef
10-25-2007, 08:55 PM
I'd agree with that. People already have trouble spotting them when they are forced to see them at the top of every forum, hiding them away just defeats the point and even if someone knew they were there that means they need to do more to get their hands on the tasty info within.

If you don't want to see the stickies then skip to page 2 or just don't look at them.

Vista
10-27-2007, 01:34 PM
Oh, I forgot about the new members, just a thought :)

KlicK
10-28-2007, 08:44 PM
Interesting idea, I'd probably use it.

But you guys keep saying that the newbie members will not see them. Nobody said that it would be enabled by default. Make it optional. After all, if the new members forget to read them, then they're obviously not going to take the time to minimize them.

Zef
10-29-2007, 06:32 PM
But then you have the issue of not-as-new members not knowing it exists as an option and it never being used, which wouldn't help the problem as the staff would have to keep referring people to wherever it is (and putting it in a FAQ wouldn't help as people never read them =P).