PDA

View Full Version : Game worth getting?

BLAIR 007
10-25-2007, 09:11 PM
guys is this game worth getting or no? because one friend says its good other says complete opposite.

Zombieslayer42
10-26-2007, 12:39 AM
Yeah it's worth buying. Especially the GameStop Exclusive.

lostmotiv
10-26-2007, 01:54 AM
ya im puttin off buying the game because i want the special edition version, only problem is its only available in the us and gamestop/eb wont even ship it internationally (i tried buying it online) right now im searching ebay every so often in hopes some1 will put a copy of it up for sale. no luck so far tho :(

lckynuts
10-26-2007, 04:47 AM
what is the exclusive that gamestop is opffering?

thecrazyguy
10-26-2007, 04:59 AM
Yeah it's worth buying. Especially the GameStop Exclusive.

Do you have the gamestop exclusive collectors edition?? If so could you describe what is included with it, because neither EB or Gamestops website offer a description of what is included in the collectors edition. Or could anyone else who may have this give a description? Also would love to know what kind of case it comes in? The pic on the website kinda looks like a metal tin case, but cant tell for sure.

Thanks in advance.

mrtreats
10-26-2007, 06:04 AM
Do you have the gamestop exclusive collectors edition?? If so could you describe what is included with it, because neither EB or Gamestops website offer a description of what is included in the collectors edition. Or could anyone else who may have this give a description? Also would love to know what kind of case it comes in? The pic on the website kinda looks like a metal tin case, but cant tell for sure.

Thanks in advance.

It came with a Makeing of DVD and a small art book in a tin case

oneandonlytommo
10-26-2007, 12:25 PM
the special edition isnt only in the usa. i just came back from town and saw it,all it has is just a cheap metal tin and a small book , not worth 49.99 if you ask me. i dont know weather to get this game or not im undecieded. might ask for it for christmas.:)

lostmotiv
10-26-2007, 02:00 PM
the 360 special edition is limited 2 us, uk and australia i believe. I've been having one hell of a time trying to get one here in canada. I can find a bunch of pal copies to import but that really doesnt help me.

Pigletdude
10-26-2007, 02:25 PM
To help answer your question Blair i'll first direct you to metacritic. http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/clivebarkersjericho
Thats just a guideline but really its a solid shooter but not long enough and all there is the story mode. Thats about it, not reall worth your money, the special edition EVEN less.
And it isnt scary in the slightest.

mdkoo7
10-27-2007, 02:38 PM
save your money m8 this game is a load of grap u end up dieing all the time its just 2 hard and codemaster end up robbing more money of u 2 buy the cheats so u can do the game on hard but u do unlock the cheats if u can get through the shity game. gears of war is a walk in the park compaired 2 this game.

Soulfly Switch
10-27-2007, 02:51 PM
If you enjoy Clive Barkers books and art this game is amazing. Jericho is as good as Clive Barkers Undying for PC. The game has its flaws, and bad A.I., but such a compelling story! Atleast rent it!

Raider
10-28-2007, 03:17 AM
Rent, I finished it in about 7 hours on the hardest setting. I even got all the 'beat the level without dieing on hard' achievements. I just gotta get the weapon achievements now.

Acrid Placidity
10-28-2007, 03:24 PM
save your money m8 this game is a load of grap u end up dieing all the time its just 2 hard and codemaster end up robbing more money of u 2 buy the cheats so u can do the game on hard but u do unlock the cheats if u can get through the shity game. gears of war is a walk in the park compaired 2 this game.

Gears of War is a walk in the park compared to any game. Including Shrek the Third's amazingly shotty camera. This game is worth getting.

Ruthless
10-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Best Game On The 360, Enuf Said!!!

Conker Rules All
10-30-2007, 05:24 AM
ya im probably gonna pick this up but for the collector's edition in the US what's the price difference?

Ashande
10-31-2007, 08:27 PM
I think the game is incredible, but I have a soft spot for story-based FPSes, particularly ones where there isn't some garbage tacked on multiplayer. I'm also a huge Clive Barker fan, which probably helps a lot.

I'd say it suffers a bit in the graphical department, mainly because most of the areas seem to be dark caves and old buildings, where you don't really get a lot of eye candy (the flashlight doesn't really light up squat, so you can't see the detail in things), and the game is also kinda short - which seems to be a plague on this sort of title (I'm glaring at you, Bioshock and Condemned) - but it's still longer than, say, Halo or Gears.

On the plus side, the sound effects and V.A. are pretty good, and there's some amusing squad interplay; the story is well done and has the distinctive Clive Barker touch to it. The weapon variety and psi powers are different enough for each character to make it worth your time to learn how they all work and make sure that no one feels useless.

Overall input on whether to rent or buy? Depends on if you're the sort of person who will play a game they like lots of times just for the story and the gameplay. If you are, go ahead and buy it. If you tend to just play things once and then forget them (or play them until you have the achievements and then forget them), then just rent it; you'll get most of the points in a single playthrough, then can repeat a couple levels to grab the rest, and it won't take more than a couple days of dedicated playing.

Ruthless
10-31-2007, 08:35 PM
I think the game is incredible, but I have a soft spot for story-based FPSes, particularly ones where there isn't some garbage tacked on multiplayer. I'm also a huge Clive Barker fan, which probably helps a lot.

I'd say it suffers a bit in the graphical department, mainly because most of the areas seem to be dark caves and old buildings, where you don't really get a lot of eye candy (the flashlight doesn't really light up squat, so you can't see the detail in things), and the game is also kinda short - which seems to be a plague on this sort of title (I'm glaring at you, Bioshock and Condemned) - but it's still longer than, say, Halo or Gears.

On the plus side, the sound effects and V.A. are pretty good, and there's some amusing squad interplay; the story is well done and has the distinctive Clive Barker touch to it. The weapon variety and psi powers are different enough for each character to make it worth your time to learn how they all work and make sure that no one feels useless.

Overall input on whether to rent or buy? Depends on if you're the sort of person who will play a game they like lots of times just for the story and the gameplay. If you are, go ahead and buy it. If you tend to just play things once and then forget them (or play them until you have the achievements and then forget them), then just rent it; you'll get most of the points in a single playthrough, then can repeat a couple levels to grab the rest, and it won't take more than a couple days of dedicated playing.

This is all so true, condemned was pure class as was bioshock but i just love this game, but shorter the better, meaning quicker achievements : )

beef246
10-31-2007, 10:20 PM
Did anyone else feel that the big loading screens that appeared kinda broke the action up a bit too much, I would have rather seen some cutscene or just in game movie of the team moving to the new position, rather than just appearing at the start of a level.

I just found it hard to get into the story when there were these big pauses for a new level to load, I think it was poorly handed and not the right direction to go. I know it may seem a minor gripe, but it kinda detaches you when a big loading screen appears lol.

Just my opinion though. Im having a blast with the game, maybe a co-op multiplayer wudda been nice but a well.

Ashande
10-31-2007, 10:32 PM
I didn't really mind the load screens in terms of their length; I've seen worse. What did get me about them, though, was that the game was usually finished loading long before the typewriter had finished clacking out whatever intro text there was. If there'd been a way to speed that up without jumping into the next level, that might have been a bit better.

As for transitionals, I didn't think those were all that glaring; most of the time you start almost right where the last level ended, and the one major time I recall (right after getting into the Templar's church), there WAS a cut scene between walking in the door and starting the action. *shrug* Might just be me. I often seem to have a much higher tolerance for these things than others, for whatever reason.

Last Zodiac
11-11-2007, 01:12 AM
I wouldn't buy it I beat it in like 2-3 days. Its fun but really short with no online play so after you beat it theres no point of playing anymore. You should rent it

djcodr
11-15-2007, 10:06 AM
Honestly, rent it. The game is a 10 hour 1000/1000. While it is fun, their is zero replayability and you be just be disappointed once you finish. Seems like so much more could have been done with it.

Still a fun game worth the rental though.