PDA

View Full Version : More PC Achievements

Khaos
10-26-2007, 04:22 AM
I've noticed that in the sidebar, under PC games, the only one listed is Halo 2.

I know there are more games that have achievements, but why are they not listed? I know we have on file the Gears of War (PC) achievement list, but why is it not listed anywhere?

Also, I can't seem to find Shadowrun either, and apparently Half Life 2 Orange Box for PC has achieves as well.

Those are the only 4 games that I know of that have achieves on them, but my feedback is to expand the PC section.

While I know they're not XBox games, therefore are not at the forefront of a website called "XBox360 Achievements" but with Shadowrun Vista players playing against XBoxers, and there actually being an achievement for smoking the Vista folks, I think they should have a home at our site.

Maybe not so much a home, but at least they can sleep in the attic :)

If nothing else, those games do add to our GamerScore, so I think advice on them would be helpful for everybody.

I know these games are available on this site, but an easy listing to them would be super, especially since the PC Games tab is already available, just the screen it goes to is empty :(

TheColdWolf
10-26-2007, 01:28 PM
That is strange because they added Gears Of War pc. So don't know why they wouldn't add that to the list.

KingGotenW
10-28-2007, 03:12 AM
That is strange because they added Gears Of War pc. So don't know why they wouldn't add that to the list.

I also noticed that... why would they add the achievments but not the link to it?

I guess they never got around to it...

pongsifu
10-28-2007, 03:51 AM
I've noticed that in the sidebar, under PC games, the only one listed is Halo 2.

I know there are more games that have achievements, but why are they not listed? I know we have on file the Gears of War (PC) achievement list, but why is it not listed anywhere?

Also, I can't seem to find Shadowrun either, and apparently Half Life 2 Orange Box for PC has achieves as well.

Those are the only 4 games that I know of that have achieves on them, but my feedback is to expand the PC section.

While I know they're not XBox games, therefore are not at the forefront of a website called "XBox360 Achievements" but with Shadowrun Vista players playing against XBoxers, and there actually being an achievement for smoking the Vista folks, I think they should have a home at our site.

Maybe not so much a home, but at least they can sleep in the attic :)

If nothing else, those games do add to our GamerScore, so I think advice on them would be helpful for everybody.

I know these games are available on this site, but an easy listing to them would be super, especially since the PC Games tab is already available, just the screen it goes to is empty :(

I'm almost positive you don't get achievements from the PC version of Shadowrun and the Orange Box achievements are the Steam achievements, not 360 achievements. Whole different thing.

The Pants Party
10-28-2007, 04:35 AM
I'm almost positive you don't get achievements from the PC version of Shadowrun and the Orange Box achievements are the Steam achievements, not 360 achievements. Whole different thing.

Shadowrun is yes, Orange Box is no.

I'll get on Routine about this. ;)

Edit: Ok, talked to Routine this morning. Gears has been moved. And the way the system works, if he puts Shadowrun and BioShock under the PC list, it will be a new checklist and look like you can get double points in those games by the My360Achievements system. So, he can't do that just yet, but he's promised to figure out a way to do it. :)

Khaos
10-28-2007, 06:20 PM
That works, I was just curious.

As for the Orange Box Achievements, the reason I mentioned it is b/c of :

http://www.n4g.com/pc/News-69115.aspx

The Pants Party
10-28-2007, 06:31 PM
Yeah, but they don't go on your gamercard if you're playing the PC version. They're "steam" achievements, not normal achievements.

Khaos
11-01-2007, 03:02 AM
Wow, all these results. Fantastic work my friends

And not to sound dumb, but what are "steam" achievements?

-So does this count as a bright idea?:woop:

The Pants Party
11-01-2007, 03:34 AM
Steam is the system Valve uses to distribute patches and downloads for their PC games. I'm not sure how the "achievements" you get from the Orange Box PC version are shown, but they are not added to your Xbox Live Gamercard.

benbam87
11-01-2007, 04:28 AM
yeah it will be cool when they get that up and running