PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

TimidKillah
05-17-2006, 04:03 PM
I've gotta return this real soon.

Right now I'm on Season 1, Nov 15, 276pts and I'm ranked 41. (I have a choice of playing the masters or a regular tourney)

I need to know if its possible to lose the pts once you've earned them (I'm not sure if its tied to the rank).

Second question is should I sim at any point?

Do the special events give you more points than regular tournaments?

Thanx for the help;)

snafegeeza
05-17-2006, 04:21 PM
Yes I wold also like to know this, plus if any one has any good tips at serving an ace that would be good because i alway serve straight to the opponent and if i move the stick to serve at an angle it always goes out!

Minty
05-17-2006, 04:47 PM
the first thing you need tio know- those 276 points are your Rankings points- these ARE NOT career points.

you only get your career points at the end of a season- and they show your combined points for all the seasons- ie if you get 50 points in season 1, and 150 points during season 2, it will show 200 Career points at the end of season 2.

once you have career points you cannot lose them. if you play in every tournament in a year and win them all, you should get approx 480 points, so youll need to play minimum of 2 and a bit seasons.

a lot of people hae simmed to early, and come up short of the 1000 career points, so dont do that.

Aces, if your a right hander, serve diagonaly left with a slice serve and youll get a lot of aces. top spin serves get quite a lot as well

TimidKillah
05-17-2006, 05:44 PM
the first thing you need tio know- those 276 points are your Rankings points- these ARE NOT career points.

you only get your career points at the end of a season- and they show your combined points for all the seasons- ie if you get 50 points in season 1, and 150 points during season 2, it will show 200 Career points at the end of season 2.

once you have career points you cannot lose them. if you play in every tournament in a year and win them all, you should get approx 480 points, so youll need to play minimum of 2 and a bit seasons.

a lot of people hae simmed to early, and come up short of the 1000 career points, so dont do that.

Aces, if your a right hander, serve diagonaly left with a slice serve and youll get a lot of aces. top spin serves get quite a lot as well

Thanks for the help... didn't know that about the ranking vs carer points.

Minty, I know you love this game so I'm asking: should I go for the masters in the first season or wait til the following and build on tournaments?

Once again thanx!

Minty
05-17-2006, 06:24 PM
i only played tournaments in the first year when i needed money for more training. once you start playing tournaments it doesnt seem worth doing the training, so its better to do all the training before you start playing all the tournaments

so id do the training and wiat till season 2- you should be able to play all of the grand slams apart from the Aussie one easily enough

TimidKillah
05-17-2006, 06:48 PM
i only played tournaments in the first year when i needed money for more training. once you start playing tournaments it doesnt seem worth doing the training, so its better to do all the training before you start playing all the tournaments

so id do the training and wiat till season 2- you should be able to play all of the grand slams apart from the Aussie one easily enough

Cool thanks for the quick replies:bow: :bow: :bow: