PDA

View Full Version : Boycott Walmart!

SteakSalad
10-28-2007, 06:36 PM
So I bought my new 360 GH3 last night at Wal-Mart, took it home, opened it up and of course, there was the X-Plorer. I went in today to return it and the manager of the store assured me they would take it back being opened. I went in and tried to return it, the lady behind the counter wouldn't take it back, so we called the manager over. She said, "Yeah, we'll take this back, give them a refund." And this mega-stupid bitch tells her MANAGER they can't do that because it's software and it's opened. How am I going to copy GH3 overnight when all I went is my money back?!

Suffice it to say, this is the biggest load of bullshit I've seen in recent times. Yes, had I been smart I would've noticed sooner, not opened it, etc., but as the consumer I've seen the les paul advertised EVERYWHERE, in the demo, in magazines, on the packaging for christ's sakes! Why should I have to think a company isn't going to stand by their product?

Wal-Mart, Activision, Harmonix, whoever it may be, ripped off thousands & thousands of people by taking excess X-plorer guitars and packaging them with a sequel. This is such a slimey move and I honestly hope it will reflect very negatively on all parties considered. I'm going to personally be contacting every company individually and let them know what ridiculous bullshit this has been. As if they're not going to make enough money off a $100 game.

I will never shop for anything at Wal-Mart again and I urge anyone else that wants to listen to do the same. Agree or disagree with me, thanks for letting me vent!

-$teakMoney:uzi:

KingGotenW
10-28-2007, 06:42 PM
sounds like they got you pretty riled up.

so you're saying that they replaced some guitars with x-plorers? Wow what a cheap move... They had better have got a good reason for that

at least you got your money back...:)

SteakSalad
10-28-2007, 06:50 PM
I didn't get my money back! I walked out of the store saying how fucking ridiculous this was and asked them how they wouldn't even stand behind their product. All the while being harassed by the senile lady who attacked me for my receipt....

I hate Wal-Mart. They will die.

KingGotenW
10-28-2007, 07:03 PM
so even tho the manager said to give you a refund he changed his mind because it was software? Wow dude im sorry i would hate wal-mart too.

i know it sounds stupid, but u might wanna get some ppl to write to redoctane saying how you'll never trust them again or something unless they replace ur guitar...

SteakSalad
10-28-2007, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I definitely will be writing/calling numerous companies. Yeah, the skag underling talked her superior into backing out of a refund, citing company policy and they COULDN'T do it! I will never trust any of these people again. I hope somebody will come to the table and replace these X-Plorer guitars with the les pauls...We'll see.

DFILL450
10-28-2007, 07:16 PM
Lol i actually had a dream about this last night. I went to target and all they had left were bundles of the game with different guitars lol. And all i wanted was the les paul! haha

That sucks man. Thats why i dont go to walmart. Best buy all the way! haha I say boycot gamestop too...you have no idea how many problems theyve caused me.

SteakSalad
10-28-2007, 07:27 PM
Lol i actually had a dream about this last night. I went to target and all they had left were bundles of the game with different guitars lol. And all i wanted was the les paul! haha

That sucks man. Thats why i dont go to walmart. Best buy all the way! haha I say boycot gamestop too...you have no idea how many problems theyve caused me.

That's not a dream, that's a nightmare!

Yeah, and you know what's funny? I went to GameStop for Halo 3, showed up 3 hours early, had them treat me like shit, and that's why this time I decided to go to my local Wal-mart. Big fucking mistake! I should've anticipated all of these problems I suppose...

Defcizion
10-28-2007, 07:49 PM
I feel your pain, but every single wired Guitar Hero 3 guitar is the Xplorer. The wireless ones are the Les Paul, and where I live, there is no Les Paul's that you can buy at Wal Mart, so I'm just gonna use my shit fuck Xplorer until I get Rock Band later in November.

cc99999
10-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Recycled Concept + Recycled Accesory = no surprise here.

SteakSalad
10-28-2007, 08:14 PM
All of the advertising I saw, + inside the game the Les Paul is pictured as the GH3 guitar and the package with X-Plorer. So are you saying the Les Paul is not even released yet on 360? And I was under the impression that there wouldn't be a wireless guitar for GH3 on 360. I'm just curious. Why would they release a new game without the new guitar, as advertised? EB Games website even has a pic of the bundle with a les paul. I'm enjoying the game though, it's annoying to know that they would market their product like this. It's not very professional & doesn't exactly serve to build trust between company & consumer.

Thanks again, XBOX 360 achievement community for letting me vent, I know I probably sound like a pissed off little kid, but in a way, I am! :) Thanks!

NeoCortex
10-28-2007, 09:34 PM
Wal-Mart has an exclusive bundle that has GH3 packaged with the X-plorer, and for $10 cheaper than the Les Paul bundle. If you go to their website, both version are clearly available online and in-store.

Also, it is a pretty common rule that once any software package is opened it cannot be returned for anything other than an exchange for an identical item due to damage. Most stores are like this and if Wal-Mart accepted the return on it, they would be unlikely to get their credit for a return and would simply be out the money.

While I realize it must suck to feel like you got ripped off, you didn't. The X-plorer bundle clearly has a picture of the X-plorer guitar on the front of that big box you took to the register and clearly says what guitar comes inside that box. You need to try and be a bit smarter when dropping a hundred bucks on a game and make sure you're getting what you want. Just take two seconds to read the box. It really isn't that hard.

KingGotenW
10-28-2007, 09:38 PM
i'll agree that is the best way to destroy trust btw comapny and consumer. The worst part of it is.. even all the stuff i've heard i still wanna get the game.

is that bad?

Just Lucky
10-28-2007, 10:05 PM
This isn't the only time that the Guitar Hero Franchise has done this. I know my brother ordered his "Cherry" Guitar Controller for Guitar Hero II, but recieved the same coloured controller for the PS2. Same situation where the Cherry colour was on the box, but a different controller inside. I'm aware this is a 360 Forum, but it relates to the same thing.

I know I'll be going into stores and opening boxes before I buy anything. And if the controller that destroys my wrist isn't there (Les Paul), then it's just the game for me.

Just Lucky.

sandollor
10-28-2007, 10:26 PM
I don't shop at Walmart because they are anti-union, treat their customers like shit, undercut smaller businesses, about 75% of their stuff is MADE IN CHINA (China has virtually no human rights laws), and of course are perfect sons-a-bitches. :boom:)

bakardi boy
10-28-2007, 11:54 PM
i got an idea for you. sell what you got on ebay or gamestop and buy a new one. THIS TIME MAKE SURE YOU GOT THE RIGHT ONE.
ignorance owns you.

B1indSide
10-29-2007, 12:01 AM
Go buy the les paul version at Best Buy, take the game out (DON'T REMOVE THE PLASTIC WRAP ON THE GAME THIS TIME) put it in the Wal Mart X-plorer box, and return it. They'll take it back since the "software" is still sealed. You can even put it back together like you never opened the guitar box, tell them you didn't realize it was a wired guitar in the Wal Mart bundle.
Just don't take no for an answer, you're the customer and are always right and what not. Even though in this case, you really should look at the box of something you're spending 100 bucks on. Surprised you didn't buy GH2 by accident. Good luck though.

Amazingbman
10-29-2007, 02:14 AM
This will work i work at walmart and i do this kinda shit.Go buy the les paul version at Best Buy, take the game out (DON'T REMOVE THE PLASTIC WRAP ON THE GAME THIS TIME) put it in the Wal Mart X-plorer box, and return it. They'll take it back since the "software" is still sealed. You can even put it back together like you never opened the guitar box, tell them you didn't realize it was a wired guitar in the Wal Mart bundle.
Just don't take no for an answer, you're the customer and are always right and what not. Even though in this case, you really should look at the box of something you're spending 100 bucks on. Surprised you didn't buy GH2 by accident. Good luck though.

PanTh3r
10-29-2007, 02:20 AM
rofl, that bitch would get a piece of my mind, i would have told her to shut the fuck up and give me my god damn money rofl

Tyger7
10-29-2007, 02:28 AM
Dude you didnt need your money back, you should have done an exchange or a gift card. Did they not have the les paul at all?

Oh, and the comment of just buying rock band for a wireless guitar, IGN stated they have tested every guitair with every game. Rock band guitair does not work with guitair hero.

paradime
10-29-2007, 03:23 AM
you should be mad at the companies making the game, not walmart for their return policy. id just do an exchange.

mclinton92
10-29-2007, 11:31 AM
dude, sorry to hear. i was pretty devo wen all the magazines pre gh2 release said wireless, in 1 of the uk mags it said "now with the wireless explorer you can jump around the house like a rockstar cord free! and then clean it up..."

kingross
10-29-2007, 01:50 PM
It's the same thing walmart always does. They contact companies and tell them to cut corners on shit so they can sell stuff for 5 cents less than the competition. Fuck walmart.

L MARTYR L
10-29-2007, 03:08 PM
same thing happened to me. I noticed it was the xplorer guitar and I was a bit confused but I was tired and just wanted to go home at 1:00am. So I purchased it took it home opened it up and walllahh. wired guitar. didnt touch the game. took it back they opened it up saw it was still all wrapped up. they smiled at me gave me my cash money and I went to gamestop for the les paul wireless.

pay attention to things buddy

walmart does blow

rdrunr89
10-29-2007, 03:18 PM
I would still take it back to Walmart and raise the complaint that the only thing that was opened was the guitar. If the game is still sealed then its "hardware" not "software" and they should take it back. Its the same if you would have just returned a controller itself or if you take a PC back. The computers have software on it but they take it back because its "hardware."

If all else fails, try another walmart.

connor2k
10-29-2007, 03:54 PM
Same thin happened to me, but I noticed it wasn't wireless as I was walking out the door. Unfortunately I had to wait until the customer service counter opened the next morning for the refund. What a load of crap.

SteakSalad
10-30-2007, 01:51 AM
I know, I should've paid more attention, I should've noticed right away, but I suppose my major complaints then would be their return policy is shit. Their customer service and total lack of respect for the customer was shit. And I shouldn't have to pay attention when buying a new game that it's going to be as advertised. The decision to bundle the X-Plorer with GH3 is one of the cheapest, sleaziest moves I've seen a company make. It's just shady & not very classy from a company that has the ability to make, what I believe to be a really fun, innovative game.

Thanks again for letting me vent. This community is a very nice, mature place to discuss video games. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute a little bit more in the future. Thanks for the support, and I'll let anyone know if something exciting should happen regarding this matter in the future!

-Sterling

DFILL450
10-30-2007, 01:59 AM
I feel your pain, but every single wired Guitar Hero 3 guitar is the Xplorer. The wireless ones are the Les Paul, and where I live, there is no Les Paul's that you can buy at Wal Mart, so I'm just gonna use my shit fuck Xplorer until I get Rock Band later in November.
It says on the box that only guitar hero liscenced controllers are compatible with guitar hero 3. Im not 100% sure but thats what i remember reading.

Chilidog Chaos
10-30-2007, 03:34 AM
That blows. I gotta make sure when I order mine to make sure that it's wireless.

avengerRPM
10-30-2007, 04:14 AM
A budy of mine got his last night somewhere, and the store manager was having people open up their boxes to make sure they got the right guitar, because I guess that some of the boxes have had the wrong guitars, like some people who buy the 360 version are getting a wii or ps3 guitar.

D29TEXAS
10-30-2007, 05:10 AM
So I bought my new 360 GH3 last night at Wal-Mart, took it home, opened it up and of course, there was the X-Plorer. I went in today to return it and the manager of the store assured me they would take it back being opened. I went in and tried to return it, the lady behind the counter wouldn't take it back, so we called the manager over. She said, "Yeah, we'll take this back, give them a refund." And this mega-stupid bitch tells her MANAGER they can't do that because it's software and it's opened. How am I going to copy GH3 overnight when all I went is my money back?!

Suffice it to say, this is the biggest load of bullshit I've seen in recent times. Yes, had I been smart I would've noticed sooner, not opened it, etc., but as the consumer I've seen the les paul advertised EVERYWHERE, in the demo, in magazines, on the packaging for christ's sakes! Why should I have to think a company isn't going to stand by their product?

Wal-Mart, Activision, Harmonix, whoever it may be, ripped off thousands & thousands of people by taking excess X-plorer guitars and packaging them with a sequel. This is such a slimey move and I honestly hope it will reflect very negatively on all parties considered. I'm going to personally be contacting every company individually and let them know what ridiculous bullshit this has been. As if they're not going to make enough money off a $100 game.

I will never shop for anything at Wal-Mart again and I urge anyone else that wants to listen to do the same. Agree or disagree with me, thanks for letting me vent!

-:uzi:

Sounds like you have been pwned by Wal Mart:woop:

crazydudex117
10-30-2007, 05:17 AM
Guh... Wal-Mart. This is why I give my hard earned cash to EB Games (It's all Gamestop in the states now, right?). Better service in my area. That is stupid though. Wal-Mart pretty much demanded Red Octane to give them the x-plorer in the case instead? That's just strange. I feel for you man. And it is possible to copy a DVD overnight. Not saying that you did.