PDA

View Full Version : Which is the better guitar?

KingGotenW
10-28-2007, 08:34 PM
I'e heard people complaining about getting an x-plorer and not a les paul.

yes the x-plorer is fugly and the les paul is cool looking an wireless

So here i'm gona list the good and bad qualities of the les paul and x-plorer

Les paul / X-plorer
---------------------------------------------------
#1 Cool looking / Fugly
#2 new 360 tech / no new tech
#3 wireless / wired
#4 Hurts wrist / doesnt hurt wrist
#5 unbalanced when sitting / not unbalanced
---------------------------------------------------

yes i know there are more things which ill be listing as i see them.

but thats the main things right there.
So the choice is yours which do you think is better?

antnie
10-28-2007, 08:52 PM
the les paul is awsome it looks so good!!!!

Pearce1991
10-28-2007, 09:54 PM
i'd have an explorer over a les paul any day, the explorer is soooooooo nice

sandollor
10-28-2007, 10:30 PM
The Les Paul. If we're talking REAL guitars... the Les Paul.

KingGotenW
10-28-2007, 11:13 PM
The Les Paul. If we're talking REAL guitars... the Les Paul.

we're talking to play guitar hero.

russell1190
10-28-2007, 11:20 PM
I have played with both and I definitley think Les Paul is a better guitar all around.

glasstiger50
10-28-2007, 11:29 PM
Les Paul, anyday. The Xplorer is absolute trash. The whammy bar breaks within a month of playing, the buttons become sticky, the strum bar is sometimes unresponsive, and it is most definitely NOT balanced when you're playing sitting down.

DFILL450
10-29-2007, 02:05 AM
I definitly like the les paul better. I just wish they would of made it wired.
Because ill be playing a song and itll just stop playing the notes for a little bit. Like it disconnects for some reason. I might bring it back to best buy and get a new one.

RAINMAKA
10-29-2007, 02:28 AM
My vote goes for the Les Paul.

paradime
10-29-2007, 03:27 AM
the xplorer was better.... with this their is no battery pakck so you have to keep buying batteries and its kinda uncomfortable when you play, wow big deal a cord!. it should also have a cord option, cause who wants to stop playing and get batteries at the store at 2 am?

ph201
10-29-2007, 03:36 AM
Les Paul looks the best but hurts more than the Xplorer.

KingGotenW
10-29-2007, 08:54 PM
with all the problems the les paul is giving i might just get the x-plorer

rdrunr89
10-29-2007, 09:11 PM
I voted Les Paul. I was borrowing GH2 from friend with the X-Plorer and when I got GH3, I set it up to play with the Les Paul and found it a better feel and easier to use.

Vista
10-29-2007, 09:23 PM
I like Les Paul cause of the wireless, it hurts your wrist if you hold it a certain way, my wrist doesnt hurt!

Maka
10-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Les Paul:
Softer buttons (Good and Bad)
Wireless (Both good and bad)
Detachable
Interchangeable faceplates

X-plorer:
Stiffer Buttons (Good and Bad)
Wired (Both good and bad)

Minus for both:
Extremely uncomfortable when using Lefty

I like the Les Paul Better

KingGotenW
10-30-2007, 12:00 AM
can u plug a charger into the les paul? like you would into a wireless controller?

da voodoo child
10-30-2007, 12:23 AM
i personally like both for the game but for REAL guitars its deffinetly the Les Paul for me.

L MARTYR L
10-30-2007, 04:40 AM
can u plug a charger into the les paul? like you would into a wireless controller?

nope it's just like a tv remote spring loaded 2x AA battery holder.

crazydudex117
10-30-2007, 05:10 AM
I'd take the Les Paul ANY day. I as comparing the two yesterday. Les Paul's buttons are more slippery which is good for sliding. The buttons are smaller and closer together, so its much better for my small hands (I'm 14). My wrist doesn't hurt at all.

Conker Rules All
10-30-2007, 05:35 AM
i was wondering which is easier to play with because i did completely horrible with the xplorer so im wondering does it make the game easier with the les paul?

ASTROBL4ACK
10-30-2007, 05:53 AM
I bought just the game, because I was at wal-mart, but dose anybody have an idea where I can buy just the 360 controller?

Birky
10-30-2007, 11:48 AM
Les Paul. Hands down. No wire = me happy
Every time I do pretty much anything I spin in circle just cause there is not wire. I am very happy.

DropDeadArtemus
10-30-2007, 03:05 PM
i would have to go with the les paul. i havent really played too much with the x-plorer but it just looks uncomfortable. i havent had any problems with my les paul disconnecting or anything. And i dont experience any pain in my wrist but my fingers do start to get sore after playing a couple of sets back to back. and besides i have a gothic les paul so im used to the feel of the les paul even though there are some differences between the two.

babyfarmer
10-30-2007, 04:08 PM
Are you people nucking futs? I absolutely detest the new guitar, the shape of it is clunky, the X-plorer was much easier to hold and play. And while wireless is cool, it's not that big a deal, and the fact that you can't use a rechargeable battery back is awful, especially how much I play this game, batteries would be costing me a fortune.

KingGotenW
10-31-2007, 09:04 PM
it appears most people prefer the les paul.

FalseHope4829
10-31-2007, 11:04 PM
I def prefer the xplorer. its ugly and its tough for lefties but ive had mine since GH2 came out and I can rip expert, nothing has broken on it. Plus since a 4 pack of batteries costs like $6, thats alot of money to blow through. Damn even the GH website has a broken guitar sticky! I have only heard like 3 ppl say that their guitars havent broken yet. Disconnect problems, shaky detachable neck connection, faulty headset jack, batteries, even some strum bars broken, sticky frets, and hurts wrists. I miss any? So far i'm less than impressed. Whoa cordless!, i'd rather a guitar i can use rather than oogle at how pretty it is. If they make a reliable Les Paul, i'd be all for it.

Crimsonthrone
10-31-2007, 11:05 PM
i love the les paul but im stuck with the x-plorer untill its released in the Uk :(

But i have bought my US copy off ebay YAY Region Free games http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

KingGotenW
10-31-2007, 11:21 PM
I def prefer the xplorer. its ugly and its tough for lefties but ive had mine since GH2 came out and I can rip expert, nothing has broken on it. Plus since a 4 pack of batteries costs like $6, thats alot of money to blow through. Damn even the GH website has a broken guitar sticky! I have only heard like 3 ppl say that their guitars havent broken yet. Disconnect problems, shaky detachable neck connection, faulty headset jack, batteries, even some strum bars broken, sticky frets, and hurts wrists. I miss any? So far i'm less than impressed. Whoa cordless!, i'd rather a guitar i can use rather than oogle at how pretty it is. If they make a reliable Les Paul, i'd be all for it.

you just basically summed up all the reason NOT to get a les paul. i sure wish they would guarantee the quality of there guitars....

edit: p.s. this is really starting to make me think about getting an x-plorer

abearden
10-31-2007, 11:33 PM
I like the Les Paul because I have a one year old and I can play it while he's in the room without worrying about him tripping over the cord and hurting himself/ruining the game by unplugging it.

DoM cAbAn
10-31-2007, 11:51 PM
I like the Les Paul better. For one, it's wireless, which means you don't have to worry about the cord getting unplugged. Also, from the Battle Modes that I've played so far, whenever I have to keep tapping the Whammy Bar, it seems a lot easier on the Les Paul.

KingGotenW
11-01-2007, 10:22 PM
i wanted the les paul but (stupid mistake) i went to walmart.... and guess what? no les pauls!! my bro works there so he gets a discount. so now im stuck with the white x-plorer.