PDA

View Full Version : Linking Not Working

Tussell
10-29-2007, 03:50 AM
Anyone else getting this?

thieflordgamer
10-29-2007, 04:03 AM
Yeah I just tried and I got the message: "Invalid slot token." Well that sucks.

Tussell
10-29-2007, 04:06 AM
That's exactly what I'm getting.

Milborn
10-29-2007, 04:20 AM
yeah same here

Tussell
10-29-2007, 04:26 AM
Does this mean we can't link it at all? Or is this temporary?

frozenfire12
10-29-2007, 04:27 AM
i was on the guitarhero.com forums earlier when they were working and some gh3 rep said they are aware of the problem and fixing it, now the forums are down, also some people are saying getting farther into the career fixes it, but im at 32/42 songs and it still doesn't work, my guess is wait a few days

Tussell
10-29-2007, 04:28 AM
I've already beaten the career, so I don't know.

killerharu45
10-29-2007, 04:33 AM
What do you mean by Link Up? Does that mean connect to the Xbox or what?

Tussell
10-29-2007, 04:34 AM
You can link your gamertag to the GH website, much like Halo 3, where you see your stats.

And with the GH3 linking, you can compare stats, start tour groups, etc.

killerharu45
10-29-2007, 05:05 AM
You can link your gamertag to the GH website, much like Halo 3, where you see your stats.

And with the GH3 linking, you can compare stats, start tour groups, etc.

OOOOOOOOOOO. I get it. That always happens with me and the Skate website. Its a pain in the ass. So Ive given up on those sites.

Tussell
10-29-2007, 06:34 AM
A quick update for everyone, we are catching up with the "linked account" requests. The technical description is lengthy and complicated, but the basic message is that the amount of traffic that we received on the site and millions of requests being submitted at the same time slowed things down. We have sped things up a bit now and are catching up. However, we do ask that you do not attempt to claim a slot repeatedly in a short period of time. This will simply slow things down even more. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any trouble you are experiencing. However, be assured that we are working hard to provide you with the best possible Guitar Hero experience.

While you wait play some Guitar Hero, buy all the guitars, get some new styles for your rocker. Also, stay tuned for some rocking contests with prizes, as well as some Guitar Hero Community exclusive content!
So yeah, with that being said, I guess it's just a matter of time.

Dr Buttcrack
10-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Codedigital said that it didn't work for him, but he tried it the next day and it worked. I put the game in 24 hours ago, had career beaten 20 hours ago, and just tried it 30 minutes ago and still doesn't work. How detailed is it gonna be, because I may just stick with Scorehero. Like, is it actually gonna track all your scores, how many times you played each song, average score, and stuff like that?

Doc_Ezra
10-29-2007, 07:49 PM
Codedigital said that it didn't work for him, but he tried it the next day and it worked. I put the game in 24 hours ago, had career beaten 20 hours ago, and just tried it 30 minutes ago and still doesn't work. How detailed is it gonna be, because I may just stick with Scorehero. Like, is it actually gonna track all your scores, how many times you played each song, average score, and stuff like that?

Compared to Scorehero, the stat-tracking sucks. It has your overall career score and some "recent performances," which apparently take more than 24 hours to update from when you actually play...I beat Medium Sunday morning and started into Hard (now on set 6), and it still shows that I'm not done with Medium.

Tussell
10-29-2007, 07:58 PM
The amount of traffic compared to Score Hero at the moment is huge. It'll be crisp soon enough.

sk8ter107
10-29-2007, 08:20 PM
yea they have said try it every like 4 hours, i still havent gotten it to work and they say there is thousands of people doing it...but i dont believe it

Doc_Ezra
10-29-2007, 08:59 PM
The amount of traffic compared to Score Hero at the moment is huge. It'll be crisp soon enough.

Even if the performance improves, the stat tracking is vastly inferior to Scorehero if you actually want to be able to look at song-by-song breakdowns and the like.

Tussell
10-29-2007, 09:01 PM
I never said it wasn't.

But don't forget, linking your account comes with more to offer than just seeing stats.

Doc_Ezra
10-29-2007, 09:08 PM
I never said it wasn't.

But don't forget, linking your account comes with more to offer than just seeing stats.

Could you explain this? I don't really get what linking is supposed to accomplish, other than access to another forum and the random award of "groupies" for doing unspecified things. The "local tourneys" thing seems flat-out useless, as "local" apparently means "living on the same land mass" (all my searches for local events return anything in the United States), the group-forming can't find peoples' ID (I've been trying to friend a buddy of mine since before the game released, and while I can search for his ID and check out his stats, it tells me the ID is invalid when I try to send a friend request)...so what are the perks?

Tussell
10-29-2007, 09:36 PM
It's because they're setting everything up, once it's set up, you'll see.

Unspecified? It's all specified on the website.

sk8ter107
10-29-2007, 11:01 PM
i prolly wont get my account linked for awhile because from wat i heard from friends that u have to do it early in the morning where theres no traffic or late night

Echoes248
10-30-2007, 07:20 PM
still aint working...i tried what sk8ter said...i tried a few times at all different hours midninght 3am 6am EST etc... i tried again a few minutes ago and now it says its "unable to find that token"

Doc_Ezra
10-30-2007, 07:27 PM
It's because they're setting everything up, once it's set up, you'll see.

Unspecified? It's all specified on the website.

Yes, the site says I get groupies if I 'play every day.' It's apparently one per song or something like that (not that it's actually specified on the website), as I have 250+ of them now, having played through a couple of difficulty levels.

Do you have some sort of super-secret inside info on this site's supposed forthcoming awesomeness, or are there actual details you could share? The stat tracking is a joke, the designers didn't bother to load-test their servers before launch, the mapping and tourneys are hosed up...so what is this magical cool set of features that the site will have (some day?) that makes it worth going back and checking on it in three months or whenever they get their shit together?

Tussell
10-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Yes, the site says I get groupies if I 'play every day.' It's apparently one per song or something like that (not that it's actually specified on the website), as I have 250+ of them now, having played through a couple of difficulty levels.

Do you have some sort of super-secret inside info on this site's supposed forthcoming awesomeness, or are there actual details you could share? The stat tracking is a joke, the designers didn't bother to load-test their servers before launch, the mapping and tourneys are hosed up...so what is this magical cool set of features that the site will have (some day?) that makes it worth going back and checking on it in three months or whenever they get their shit together?
I'm just saying, Bungie had a few bugs to fix when Halo 3 came out on their site as far as stat tracking.

Is Guitar Hero 3 not allowed to?

Doc_Ezra
10-30-2007, 08:38 PM
I'm just saying, Bungie had a few bugs to fix when Halo 3 came out on their site as far as stat tracking.

Is Guitar Hero 3 not allowed to?

Sure. There's just no evidence that the site is actually designed to do basic things like complete song score tracking (like ScoreHero). It's not that the functionality is there and just broken. The functions are simply. not. there. Unless somebody over there is holding out on us and will just magically wizard up a set of features that there is currently no evidence for, it doesn't matter if they "fix" the broken features they do have. The site will still be next to useless for basic shit like tracking scoring, instead giving me a useless "groupie" feature and a map.

Vista
10-30-2007, 08:55 PM
GOD... the two of you stop going back and forth at each other, settle this, or use PMs

Has anyone got any word on the problem, I have tried linking twice but it wont work for me :(

Tussell
10-30-2007, 08:58 PM
I was just explaining, I'm not flaming or trying to start an argument.

If anything, this is good for the thread, so that people know why they're linking.

Anywho, it's still having problems, if you notice there is official word on the linking page.

Vista
10-30-2007, 09:09 PM
I was just explaining, I'm not flaming or trying to start an argument.

If anything, this is good for the thread, so that people know why they're linking.

Anywho, it's still having problems, if you notice there is official word on the linking page. '

Thanks, for both responses ;)

DropDeadArtemus
10-30-2007, 10:14 PM
Well its 5:12 pm central US time and i just tried to link my account and it worked first try. you might want to try in the next few minutes.

Tussell
10-30-2007, 10:25 PM
Well its 5:12 pm central US time and i just tried to link my account and it worked first try. you might want to try in the next few minutes.
I'm the same time zone as you and I still got 'Sorry, we were unable to find that token.'

Vista
10-30-2007, 11:04 PM
I'm the same time zone as you and I still got 'Sorry, we were unable to find that token.'

UGHHH same with me. I think I will do it when I wake up at like 6 2mrrw morning!

Tussell
10-31-2007, 02:21 AM
That's what the one guy said was good, either early in the morning or late at night.

Echoes248
10-31-2007, 02:24 AM
10/30 10:25pm EST "sorry..we were unable to find that token"

ill be trying again periodicly through the night and il let you all know if and when it works

frozenfire12
10-31-2007, 04:16 AM
just got mine to work :), it updated my groupies not my career stats yet though...

Echoes248
11-03-2007, 11:08 AM
anyone else have any luck? ive been trying since the games release...i usually try linking late at night and into the morning and even then i still cant link up...any tips? i live on the east coast if that helps

RHopkins
11-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Groupie breakdown for those who can't find it (or whine and won't try :))

How do I get groupies?
You can get groupies by interacting with the Guitar Hero community, and by playing Guitar Hero III.
What do I have to do in the game to get groupies?
Here is a list of actions within game that will get you more groupies:
Easy Mode:
Completing the game: 20 groupies
Playing a song for the first time: 5 groupies
Updating your high score for a song: 1 groupie
Playing a song on co-op career and career: 1 groupie
Playing a song online: 2 groupies
Winning an online match: 1 groupie
Medium Mode:
Completing the game: 30 groupies
Playing a song for the first time: 10 groupies
Updating your high score for a song: 2 groupies
Perfect performance in Online Match/Offline Co-op: 1 groupie
Five Star performance in Online Math/Offline Co-op: 1 groupie
Perfect performance in single player (career and Co-op Career): 1 groupie
Hard Mode:
Completing the game: 40 groupies
Playing a song for the first time: 15 groupies
Updating your high score for a song: 3 groupies
Perfect performance in Online Match/Offline Co-op: 2 groupies
Five Star performance in Online Math/Offline Co-op: 2 groupies
Perfect performance in single player (career and Co-op Career): 2 groupies
Expert Mode:
Completing the game: 50 groupies
Playing a song for the first time: 20 groupies
Updating your high score for a song: 4 groupies
Perfect performance in Online Match/Offline Co-op: 3 groupies
Five Star performance in Online Math/Offline Co-op: 3 groupies
Perfect performance in single player (career and Co-op Career): 3 groupies
Tournament Participation
Joining a tournament: 5 groupies
Winning a tournament: 30 groupies
Tour Groups
Creating a tour group: 5 groupies
Joining a tour group: 5 groupies
Account
Slot linking: 10 groupies
Blogs
Creating a blog: 5 groupies
Comment creation within blogs: 2 groupies

Taken from the admin post here:
http://www.guitarhero.com/forums/6599/forum_topics/380

Enjoy,
RHopkins

Tussell
11-03-2007, 11:42 PM
Just got it to work.

Check it out.

http://www.guitarhero.com/accounts/214883

Echoes248
11-09-2007, 01:21 AM
awsome just got it:woop:...took a few days off cuz it was getting frustrating...but they have it all fixed now so that you select your platform first then enter ur code and that seems to have cleared up all the confusion.

if anyone wants to jam send me a message

http://www.guitarhero.com/accounts/profile/227370