PDA

View Full Version : Coop Achievements only unlocking for one player?

RavenBlackthorn
10-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Hey guys,
A friend and I were playing Coop on the same Xbox shortly after launch and it seemed as if achievements were only unlocking for the player how loaded up their Co-op gamesave. In other words, if I loaded up my Co-op gamesave and then I would get the achievements, if he loaded up his Co-op gamesave, he would get the achievements. We tried this while playing Co-op career. Has anyone else noticed this or was it just a glitch on my end? Some of the co-op acheivements (Easy Co-op etc) are going to be particularly painful if this is the case. I'd rather only have to suffer through this once if I can help it. ;)

311chaos
10-29-2007, 04:00 PM
I was playing a custom match and we got 100% on the song. We also got the 500 note streak. We should have gotten two achievements each, but for some reason my friend only got the achievement for 500 notes in a row and didnt get the one for 100%. I am not sure if it has to do with who created the match or if it has to do with which person plays guitar/bass (my friend was playing the bass). Either way it sucked for him. He should have gotten both achievements.

RavenBlackthorn
10-29-2007, 04:16 PM
I was playing a custom match and we got 100% on the song. We also got the 500 note streak. We should have gotten two achievements each, but for some reason my friend only got the achievement for 500 notes in a row and didnt get the one for 100%. I am not sure if it has to do with who created the match or if it has to do with which person plays guitar/bass (my friend was playing the bass). Either way it sucked for him. He should have gotten both achievements.

Tough to say. When my friend and I played locally, I was playing Bass and he was playing Guitar. When you say Custom Match were you referring to an Xbox Live game?? (I haven't played online yet, and I'm curious if this "feature" is limited to local play)

311chaos
10-29-2007, 08:50 PM
Tough to say. When my friend and I played locally, I was playing Bass and he was playing Guitar. When you say Custom Match were you referring to an Xbox Live game?? (I haven't played online yet, and I'm curious if this "feature" is limited to local play)

Ya, it was a Custom Game on Xbox Live.

Teddite
10-29-2007, 09:57 PM
Same issues here.
A friend and I finished the Hard setlist, and he got the "Finish a co-op career" achievement and I did not.

Maka
10-29-2007, 10:01 PM
Yup, that seems to be the problem. My friend only unlocked the Streak achievements, while I unlocked those plus the extras like 100% a song, and beating Co-op

eXiled Killah
10-29-2007, 10:20 PM
With games still having broken achievements, you would think the achievement system is brand spanking new. 2 years into the life cycle of the 360 and this crap is still happening. Where's the quality assurance checks from these company's and Microshaft for that matter?

killerofdafish
10-29-2007, 10:43 PM
Same issue but it was only for 8x multiplier i mean thats easy but why make it so where only first player can get it?

RavenBlackthorn
10-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Same issue but it was only for 8x multiplier i mean thats easy but why make it so where only first player can get it?

That's pretty odd. It seems like the co-op achievements are spotty at best. When we played Co-op career, I got 4 or 5 of the easy achievements (8x, some streaks, perfection etc) within a few songs and my friend got nothing at all. From what you guys are saying, it sounds like sometimes different achievements will unlock for one or the other player and sometimes they wont. But, some of them are actually unlocking for some of you correct?

connor2k
10-30-2007, 02:35 PM
Same thing here, played online with a friend to get the 100% achievement. I started the match and played Bass and got it, he did not. So we switched and he still never got it. What is up with this game? If Rock Band comes out swinging, GH3 will be left in the dust.

DropDeadArtemus
10-30-2007, 02:55 PM
same thing happened to me. me and a friend were playin a private match on xbl and he hosted. we got 100% on miss murder and my name is jonas but he was the only one to get the 100% a song in co-op. that pissed me off because when i hosted one to try to get the achievement he kept messing up on miss murder on easy. i dont really like some of the achievements where you have to rely on your teammates abilities. because even if you are doing phenomenal on a song if your buddy messes up its over.

Dark Kitsune
10-30-2007, 04:14 PM
Wonder if this problem is only online matches and there is a packet drop causing this issue. I have been playing locally only and all the co-op achievements have unlocked without a hitch. We have been playing on the same save (band) for the whole time.

ZoSomma
10-30-2007, 04:28 PM
I played last night with my gf and she didn't get the achievements I got (8x and 250 note streak) so I don't think its just an online issue. Or we were doing something wrong. She was using a controller. Maybe that had something to do with it.

Corporate Greed
10-30-2007, 06:16 PM
I also was playing last night with a friend on the same 360 with 2 different accounts loaded and only I got the 8X multiplier achievement. We both got streaks. I tried it again with her being the lead account and no dice. Weird.

Mad props to Zombies Corpses for letting me borrow the game for the day!