PDA

View Full Version : Insanely Difficult

FalseHope4829
10-29-2007, 03:31 PM
I can't be the only one to notice this, but is this game a whole lot more difficult than the last 2 games? I breezed through Expert on GH2 and beat Jordan, but holy hell. TtFaF is in a difficulty class of its own. It might hurt its appeal overall, it just seems less accessible which was a huge reason GH2 did so well. I was watching my friend play Medium and even that looked like Hard. Hard looks like Expert and Expert feels like Carpal Tunnel.

Slormer
10-29-2007, 03:38 PM
I have also done GH2 on Expert with Jordan, and this game LOOKS harder, but for some reason (better guitar, HO/PO's registering better) the insane solos seem to be not so insane. I don't feel the game is less accessible, since if you cant play the song on one difficulty, just drop down one. Anyone can still get into the game.

P1NSEEKER
10-29-2007, 04:00 PM
I have only played the demo but i found that EASIER than GH2 :s

Valkynaz
10-29-2007, 06:55 PM
The game isn't that difficult. If they really tried, they could have put DragonForce in the last tier. o.O

crazydudex117
10-29-2007, 07:07 PM
I actually didn't have a hard time on medium until the last tier and the boss battles.

Vista
10-29-2007, 07:36 PM
I have only played the demo but i found that EASIER than GH2 :s

agreed, I can breeze through hard now when I coldnt even beat woman on hard in GH II!

Doc_Ezra
10-29-2007, 07:39 PM
It feels about the same to me, honestly, but they did a better job of organizing tracks into the right tiers. "Woman" didn't really belong in the second set of GH2, I didn't think, especially not on Hard or Expert.

But I beat Medium on a straight run through in GH3, 5-starring everything but Raining Blood on the first try. This is about how GH2 plays for me now. Medium is simple, and Hard starts to choke me up and get me 3-star ratings around set 6. Expert is only feasible in the first two or three sets for me in either game. :)

Goodboy33
10-29-2007, 09:34 PM
I was thinking that the songs are a bit more difficult as well. I breezed through on expert until a couple of songs in the 7th tier, which is how about how well I did in GH2, but for some reason the songs seem a little harder. The HO/PO are incredibly easy now (which is good)

Just Lucky
10-30-2007, 01:16 AM
Really, Guitar Hero II wasn't that bad. I never touched the Hard or Expert difficulties on the original Guitar Hero, and found Medium to be quite a struggle. Soon as the 360 version of Guitar Hero II hit the shelves, and the Easy and Medium Tours were out of the way I took on Hard. And when Woman was on Tier Two, I didn't find it too bad. Took me a couple goes to get the rythem and Hammer-Ons etc. Sailed through Hard (only missed one for 5 Stars), and found Expert not as bad as I expected. Although I couldn't touch Jordan though, I still found Expert a laugh.

The thing about Guitar Hero is that it's all about practice. It's obvious to point out, but it's true. And only having played the Demo for the third, I nailed each song 5 stars on Hard on first attempts, and I'm only finding it somewhat difficult to get 5 stars on The Metal on Expert.
I can't wait to play Knights Of Cydonia on Expert - should hopefully be challenging enough.

Practice makes perfect.

BTroxell
10-30-2007, 01:47 AM
Yeah dude I agree, woman was ridiculously easy on all difficultys, so i dont see why people are complaining about it here. This game feels about the same as gh2 it just takes more getting used too, they changed something, cant quite put my finger on it but they did.

KingGotenW
10-30-2007, 01:59 AM
i can handle most songs on medium and the 1st 2 or 3 tiers on hard but after that...

DoM cAbAn
10-30-2007, 02:46 AM
I'm working my way up from Easy, to Medium, then Hard, and then Expert. I've got Easy done so far, and most of Medium. I am finding it a lot harder than Guitar Hero 2, for sure. I'm not getting stuck or anything yet, but the songs are becoming a pain to 100% now. I'll see how it goes on Hard and Expert. Shouldn't have much of a problem with Hard, though.

Ho5tiLe D
10-30-2007, 03:02 AM
i think they would make it a little more challenging though. im sure most of the people who are buying GH3 own GH1 and GH2 and understand how the game works. i would be upset if i paid 90 bucks for a new game and the songs on expert were just as easy on the last game. maybe they upped it for the people who are a little better at the game IDK. i want to have to work at it to get it right.

Distilled84
10-30-2007, 03:15 AM
Based on my experience so far, GH3 seems a little more difficult at first, but seems about even once you adjust a little.

Ult1ma Weap0n
10-30-2007, 05:46 AM
I think 3 has easier solos due to how the new hopo system works but there are a lot more complex alt strumming/chord switches in 3 that were never seen before in 2, there are a lot of Six type songs in 3 in tier 7 and 8. Right now i've got everything beat on expert except the Lou Boss battle which is insane, if he hits me with double notes i'm instantly screwed.

Spot2009
10-30-2007, 05:55 AM
I have also done GH2 on Expert with Jordan, and this game LOOKS harder, but for some reason (better guitar, HO/PO's registering better) the insane solos seem to be not so insane.
Definitely. I think that if Jordan was put into GH3, it would be MUCH easier. Anyway, this game just tends to use 3 note chords more (3s & 7s, Number of the Beast, Before I Forget) and many use constant strumming w/o HOPOs (Knights of Cydonia, Number of the Beast).

FalseHope4829
10-31-2007, 02:29 PM
Alright I over exaggerated with "Insanely" but if you go back to GH2, it feels easier than it was. Good point to making it geared to experienced players too, if I blow through w/o challenge it won't be as fun. The guitar battle, namely Lou, is gonna be a bitch. I'm on the 4th tier on expert and it's not tough yet. I'm just dreading Raining Blood. H/O and P/O's are much easier. If Jordan was remade for this game it'd be a cakewalk. Less precision is required.