PDA

View Full Version : Co-op Online? Not really.

connor2k
10-29-2007, 04:00 PM
So I load up GH3 looking to run through the co-op career with a buddy over live. <long pause>
Umm how do you do that? I don't see anyway to do it, only play on xbox live and do a few songs at a time.
Possibly I am missing something or am I just SOL?

Cold Rival
10-29-2007, 04:04 PM
You can't play co-op carreer online, so maybe that's why you can't find it.. :rolleyes:

Sucks, don't it?

Taintsaw
10-29-2007, 04:12 PM
ITS AWFUL!! In all honesty, why would they not include some form of Online Co-Op career mode?

Also, why do the online games start in the middle of the song, if you play on hard or expert your lucky if you even know what happens the first second when you miss 2-3 notes.

I just don't get why they would leave out such an obvious thing.

- taintsaw

Slormer
10-29-2007, 04:15 PM
I have no clue what you mean by starting in the middle of a song. I've played online pro face-offs about 20 times now, and it has always started at the beginning of the song. Are you talking only when you play co-op?

connor2k
10-29-2007, 04:29 PM
ITS AWFUL!! In all honesty, why would they not include some form of Online Co-Op career mode?

Also, why do the online games start in the middle of the song, if you play on hard or expert your lucky if you even know what happens the first second when you miss 2-3 notes.

I just don't get why they would leave out such an obvious thing.

- taintsaw
I haven't seen that problem either, but not allowing online co-op career is just stupid.

RavenBlackthorn
10-29-2007, 04:39 PM
I haven't seen that problem either, but not allowing online co-op career is just stupid.

Wasn't that supposed to be one of the snazzy new features of GH3?? "Don't have any friends that can play co-op with you locally?? Play on Xbox Live instead!!"

So is it possible to play Co-op at all online? Or is it just Co-op Career that is unavailable? (With as many Co-op Career achievements that there are, I'm confused as to why they wouldn't include this)

Taintsaw
10-29-2007, 04:46 PM
1st) You can play co-op, but its not career.

2nd) If you play Co-op, or the other vs mode (besides pro face-off) it starts in the middle of the song, not the start. I only tried it in player match so far.

- Taintsaw

RavenBlackthorn
10-29-2007, 04:59 PM
That is a real disappointment. I have friends I can play with locally (I also play with my wife) so it's not a huge issue for me personally but I would much rather have the option of playing online with people on my friends list as well.

Taintsaw
10-29-2007, 05:44 PM
i have no one! My wife sucks, and my only friend who owns it around here sucks :(

Doc_Ezra
10-29-2007, 07:46 PM
1st) You can play co-op, but its not career.

2nd) If you play Co-op, or the other vs mode (besides pro face-off) it starts in the middle of the song, not the start. I only tried it in player match so far.

- Taintsaw

I've been playing co-op sets with a buddy all weekend, and it always starts each song at the beginning. I'm not sure what would cause the issue you're having.

Taintsaw
10-29-2007, 10:10 PM
player or ranked?

LMA McLovin
10-29-2007, 10:22 PM
Well if you got through each tier of the career mode n Co-Op then maybe that is considered it.

DFILL450
10-29-2007, 10:22 PM
I've been playing co-op sets with a buddy all weekend, and it always starts each song at the beginning. I'm not sure what would cause the issue you're having.

Yeah i was just about to say the same thing lol. Its a player match. I was just playing with my friend 10 minutes ago.

Doc_Ezra
10-30-2007, 12:34 PM
player or ranked?

Player matches.

DropDeadArtemus
10-30-2007, 03:00 PM
Wasn't that supposed to be one of the snazzy new features of GH3?? "Don't have any friends that can play co-op with you locally?? Play on Xbox Live instead!!"

So is it possible to play Co-op at all online? Or is it just Co-op Career that is unavailable? (With as many Co-op Career achievements that there are, I'm confused as to why they wouldn't include this)

yeah, i was under the impression that co-op career would be available online, but when i loaded up the disc, only local co-op career. this was a large disappointment for me seein as not too many people in my neighborhood have 360s and my friends are worse than me at this game. but to answer your question; you can play co-op online but you can only choose up to 7 songs to play. there is no online co-op career.

311chaos
10-30-2007, 09:11 PM
Ya, this is really lame. I hate that I have to pick how many songs I want to play before we start. I want to play until I am not having fun anymore. Instead I have to choose 1,3,5,7 songs. If I choose 3 and we want to play another we have to recreate another custom match. LAME!!!!!

Even if they cant do online co-op career, make it so I can invite a friend into a room or session (halo 3 style) and we can choose the songs to play one at a time.

Zee
10-30-2007, 09:24 PM
If the game's lagging it will start in the middle of the song or you will automatically win or lose.