PDA

View Full Version : Fed up with the Les Paul!

DFILL450
10-29-2007, 08:40 PM
Okay. So yesterday i go to best buy and pick up my copy of guitar hero 3. The guitar seemed really nice...but the idea of having a detachable neck seemed kinda shaky. Well to no surprise it was probably the stupidest thing red octane could of done. Every once in a while i would hit a note where i have to hold it and it would cut out on me even though i was still holding it.

So then today i decide to go and exchange it for a new one. It can't get much worse right? NOOOOO....i come home..do my hw..and then load up guitar hero 3. I was playing slow ride on hard (just to get a feel for the guitar and see if it works) and the star power isnt working! I have to shake the thing like a mania to get it to go off. So im about to go back to best buy and get another one.

Question is...should i get it for a different system (i have all three systems) because it seems like red octane screwed up with making the 360 guitars.

Tussell
10-29-2007, 08:44 PM
Mine works fine. People have always complained about the guitars for Guitar Hero, yet I've never had a problem.

Don't forget about the achievements if that's what you're going for.

I'd go for it with a different system though if the problem persists.

KingGotenW
10-29-2007, 08:51 PM
im not sure but maybe you should go for the x-plorer... its fugly but its not as buggy

iskoot
10-29-2007, 08:58 PM
Mine works fine. People have always complained about the guitars for Guitar Hero, yet I've never had a problem.
I agree here...I've got mine and played with it for a couple of hours, and nothing seemed wrong with it...if anything it is far superior to my wired controller. My guitar almost knows when I want star power, because the other one I had to hold almost straight in the air, where as this one, I decide to use star power and as I go to throw it up...BANG...star power. Also, I've not had the problem of it cutting into my wrist or any type of carpal tunnel type stuff. At first it was a little weird to sit with and hold but after probably the first song, it felt like it belonged there...Maybe I'm just the lucky one who got a great guitar...or maybe my guitar chose me? :eek:

DFILL450
10-29-2007, 10:19 PM
im not sure but maybe you should go for the x-plorer... its fugly but its as buggy
I already have one. I just really want this les paul to work right lol. I think i might just buy it for PS3. I really don't feel like spending hours and hours going for these pointless achievements on this game. I mean i already beat it on expert so what else is there to prove lol (besides 5 starring all of them of course) haha.

xioustic
10-29-2007, 10:49 PM
As cool as this new removable neck Les Paul guitar is, a lot of them are screwed. You need to take the neck off and wash with rubbing alcohol over the pin receivers. If that doesn't fix it, you may have a loose guitar neck like I did. Either take it back to the store, or do what I did:

Duck tape the front end of the guitar neck to the guitar while it's all the way in. Then run a rubber band from strap thing on the neck to the strap thing on the bottom of the guitar. Then it works great.
Also, on that note, they were having a tournament at Best Buy with GH3 yesterday. They started with the Les Paul, but after three different Les Paul controllers they dumped the Les Paul, broke open the ugly red GH2 controllers, and did the entire tournament with those on the PS2 version.

Tussell
10-29-2007, 11:27 PM
I already have one. I just really want this les paul to work right lol. I think i might just buy it for PS3. I really don't feel like spending hours and hours going for these pointless achievements on this game. I mean i already beat it on expert so what else is there to prove lol (besides 5 starring all of them of course) haha.
Pointless Achievements?

I think it's pointless money spent to rebuy it when you have a guitar that will work with it.

DFILL450
10-29-2007, 11:33 PM
Also, on that note, they were having a tournament at Best Buy with GH3 yesterday. They started with the Les Paul, but after three different Les Paul controllers they dumped the Les Paul, broke open the ugly red GH2 controllers, and did the entire tournament with those on the PS2 version.

lol thats pretty funny. Like i said before, i REALLY dont know how they could be stupid enough to make a guitar with a removable neck. In theory it sounds good, but it doesn't work at all. Plus, i really don't want to duck tape it...too ghetto for me :p lol.

Does anybody know how the ps2 guitar is? Is it as buggy as the 360 one?

I didn't meant pointless..what i really meant is that their really annoying. I'm just going to try a third time and pray that i get a guitar that works properly.

I wanted the les paul for coop. Because my friend can't play with the explorer. Plus i really like the feel of it, i just wish i would get one that worked the way it was sopposed to.

xioustic
10-30-2007, 09:26 AM
Anything without the removable neck will be better.

You should try the rubber band thing on the neck's strap holder and the bottom of the guitar's strap holder. I think that will do it by itself. The duct tape was reinforcement and looks bad, but you don't even notice the rubber band. And I think the rubber band holds it fine by itself.

I just beat TTFaF on Expert with the "broken" guitar an hour ago, so I can assure you it works.

KrisYeager
10-30-2007, 04:56 PM
Okay. So yesterday i go to best buy and pick up my copy of guitar hero 3. The guitar seemed really nice...but the idea of having a detachable neck seemed kinda shaky. Well to no surprise it was probably the stupidest thing red octane could of done. Every once in a while i would hit a note where i have to hold it and it would cut out on me even though i was still holding it.

So then today i decide to go and exchange it for a new one. It can't get much worse right? NOOOOO....i come home..do my hw..and then load up guitar hero 3. I was playing slow ride on hard (just to get a feel for the guitar and see if it works) and the star power isnt working! I have to shake the thing like a mania to get it to go off. So im about to go back to best buy and get another one.

Question is...should i get it for a different system (i have all three systems) because it seems like red octane screwed up with making the 360 guitars.

palm the back button, that's why it's raised. and you dont have to worry about messing up your streak because you're moving the position of the guitar.

DFILL450
10-30-2007, 06:42 PM
Im just going to go to best buy for the last time today. Hopefully i get a good guitar. If not then ill just try the rubber band method.....wat exactly is that method anyways lol?

The first guitar i had the star power worked great. I would just tilt it a little bit and it would go off. The second guitars star power really isn't working the way it should, so thats why im bringing it back.

xioustic
10-30-2007, 06:49 PM
I've never heard of the Star Power not working, that's a whole new issue entirely, and that one will definitely have to be replaced.

B1indSide
10-30-2007, 06:49 PM
sometimes when the button isn't reacting, simply remove the neck of the guitar and slide it back on until it clicks. Sometimes the connection loses contact or something. Also, replace the batteries because this thing eats them up quickly and at one point my guitar kept disconnecting. New batteries fixed that too.

The star power however, definitely sounds like a glitchy guitar and you should defin. replace that one. The first guitar was fine, tho.

So yeah, new batteries and removing the neck and putting it back together fixes most issues.

Zenquen
10-30-2007, 06:56 PM
A removable neck, why would they add such a feature? What is the purpose. Does the guitar neck wobble or is it still sturdy and secure. Although I have to say this topic is making me strongly reconsider not buying Guitar Hero III. How often do the buttons become unresponsive?

DFILL450
10-30-2007, 07:20 PM
sometimes when the button isn't reacting, simply remove the neck of the guitar and slide it back on until it clicks. Sometimes the connection loses contact or something. Also, replace the batteries because this thing eats them up quickly and at one point my guitar kept disconnecting. New batteries fixed that too.

The star power however, definitely sounds like a glitchy guitar and you should defin. replace that one. The first guitar was fine, tho.

So yeah, new batteries and removing the neck and putting it back together fixes most issues.

Yeah lol. I pretty much just realized that my first guitar was fine and there was nothing wrong with it. And then i end up getting a real glitchy guitar lol. So hopefully, third time will be a charm. Its just that you pay 100 dollars for this game and expect it to be perfect because of the price.

BTroxell
10-30-2007, 10:21 PM
Maybe you just suck at this version so your finding reasons as too why you suck.

xDumpWeLLxTBMx
10-30-2007, 10:42 PM
I've never heard of the Star Power not working, that's a whole new issue entirely, and that one will definitely have to be replaced.

how about star power working too often! I swear when im playing with friends in co-op they have to ask me if i really want to trigger star power or not and im holding my guitar still as can be! I havent had to throw my guitar up like im playing an epic cord to get it to work once, and it's driving me nuts! anyone else have a very sensitive Accelerometor,?

KingGotenW
10-30-2007, 10:46 PM
:weirdo
Maybe you just suck at this version so your finding reasons as too why you suck.

dude... prepare to be flamed

DFILL450
10-30-2007, 11:06 PM

Lmaaoooo. Who the hell does this kid think he is? And thats why i beat the game on expert right? I bet I could kick your ass in guitar hero. :woop: If your just gonna make retarded posts that aren't gonna contribute to this thread...then just don't post here at all. Go to a different site. :eek:

As for my story with the les paul lol...Im just going to return it and get rock band on the 20th. I just got really discouraged when i beat the whole game on expert in a day. I guess thats my fault though lol.

The third guitar i got i didn't even bother trying out. I opened the box. Played with the strum bar. Realized that it sounded like a spring was loose or something on it. Then realized that my faceplate wasn't locking in right. And just said screw it. Maybe ill get it for christmas again..but right now im just really discouraged lol.

TheOfficialKid
10-31-2007, 01:21 AM
I'm thinking that it's just luck if you get one that actually works...thankfully I am one of the lucky ones

BTroxell
11-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Lmaaoooo. Who the hell does this kid think he is? And thats why i beat the game on expert right? I bet I could kick your ass in guitar hero. :woop: If your just gonna make retarded posts that aren't gonna contribute to this thread...then just don't post here at all. Go to a different site. :eek:

As for my story with the les paul lol...Im just going to return it and get rock band on the 20th. I just got really discouraged when i beat the whole game on expert in a day. I guess thats my fault though lol.

The third guitar i got i didn't even bother trying out. I opened the box. Played with the strum bar. Realized that it sounded like a spring was loose or something on it. Then realized that my faceplate wasn't locking in right. And just said screw it. Maybe ill get it for christmas again..but right now im just really discouraged lol.

"joke" Learn how to understand one. Yeah though, I think you should just get a new guitar but not from best buy, go somewhere else, cause i know plenty of people who have had no problems with thier guitars, its probably seriously just a best buy thing, cause that place fucking sucks and best buy is really more like shitty buy cause they overprice almost everything they sell, especially when they know the customer wont be able to find the same thing somewhere else. Just get a refund in a gift card, buy some microsoft points, then go to gamestop or whatever the fuck they have whereever the fuck you live.