PDA

View Full Version : Raining Blood

Fire Mage
10-29-2007, 09:59 PM
I am just stuck. There has to be a way to conquer this song as the four note pull offs at the beginning are killing me.

Any help/tips?

Taintsaw
10-29-2007, 10:09 PM
I feel ya, its the only song i have left, its so fast

Aksh0le
10-29-2007, 10:13 PM
I'm in the same boat, not even star power can save me. it's gonna be pure luck if & when I get through this.

Tussell
10-29-2007, 10:25 PM
What difficulty?

xioustic
10-29-2007, 10:36 PM
There's no trick to this one. Make sure you get the two star powers at the beginning, and when it gets to Mosh 1, haul ass. As soon as you lose your place use star power, quickly get back to the wailing on the guitar and you may just manage to pull through. Basically though, you need to be able to get through the first eight or so squeadlies without star power and star power should be able to carry you most of the way out if you can keep up a 60-70% notes hit afterward. Make sure you practice this entire song though. After Mosh 1 comes a flurry of chords that are basically the opposite of the squeadlies Mosh throws at you.

Taintsaw
10-29-2007, 10:46 PM
aye, i keep trying with the star powers, they get me through to approx 37-38% everytime... ugh

Siznut
10-30-2007, 12:52 AM
keep on trying dude if u cant bheat this good luck on lou hes a beast

thieflordgamer
10-30-2007, 01:05 AM
Yeah alternate strumming helped on this part. Hyperspeed made it worse. I used star power about 1/4th of the way through.

It might be easier just to keep your hands in the 2nd position instead of moving them after each group of 4. That way it's easier to hit the first 3 notes of the next group, but you'll probably miss the green note.

Sorry if you can't understand that, it's kind of hard to explain.

DFILL450
10-30-2007, 01:39 AM
keep on trying dude if u cant bheat this good luck on lou hes a beast
haha exactly. It took me like 20 minutes to beat raining blood but took me like an hour and a half to beat lou...he was a freakin beasttt. I was so happy when i beat it though. Beating lou is all about getting lucky though.

kingross
10-30-2007, 04:10 AM
Im almost glad to see im not the only person stuck on this. I just restarted on hard because it kicked my ass so badly. Its also the only part of the song that i can't play on a real guitar. On hard I can pull through the entire section but that fourth button to pull off kicks my ass hard. Maybe someday. That or Ill just hope there is a cheat that lets me not fail.

Ult1ma Weap0n
10-30-2007, 04:16 AM
I've gotten past mosh twice the first time i got past it I almost made it through the entire song without anymore star power but i failed sometime after 90% then i got that secret achievement (what a bitch right?) anyway sometimes i hit the first 3 star powers and i still fail in mosh its getting ridiculous. The more i try the worse i do which is usually happens when I'm tired so I'll try again tomorrow.

KingGotenW
10-30-2007, 04:39 AM
try training until u nail it

killerharu45
10-30-2007, 05:32 AM
Fire Mage, I am appalled. You with your huge skills can't get past that part. For shame. Haha. I'm just messing. I had trouble with that. Just make sure to get both star powers beforehand. I got lucky and aced the first four note pull-offs with the star power. Then it was semi-smooth sailing. Its a tough song. I still cant get the TTFAF intro.

ASTROBL4ACK
10-30-2007, 05:48 AM
Just mash the crap out of it, I can FC it now, believe it or not.

This was my last expert 5-star.

D29TEXAS
10-30-2007, 05:51 AM
I am too old to go trick or treating so I had an idea and I want everyone's opinion on it. I am going to decorate my front door to look like that back of a window-less van with a sign that says free candy and come to the door dressed as John Wayne Gasey or maybe a clown.

I was inspired by this picture:

http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/110397.jpg

ASTROBL4ACK
10-30-2007, 05:55 AM
I am too old to go trick or treating so I had an idea and I want everyone's opinion on it. I am going to decorate my front door to look like that back of a window-less van with a sign that says free candy and come to the door dressed as John Wayne Gasey or maybe a clown.

I was inspired by this picture:

http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/110397.jpg

Hmm, then when you activate star power it'll have to last an extra couple seconds...

Spot2009
10-30-2007, 06:00 AM
Funny... I passed that on my sightread, but failed later because of my idiocy of holding red while trying to strum green. Lol instant fail.

I can get all the SP phrases that part, but heres my advice:
Hit only the BYR notes during the four pulloff sections and strum the chords.

Whistler
10-30-2007, 11:46 PM
HATE this song! :mad:

It was easy until this one (playing on hard).

I can't even get star power!

On mosh 1 how do you use your fingers? My fingers just panic :p Holding down all buttons and releasing one after the other is damn hard, i try to only use 1 and like drag it back and forth but not going so well :(

Spot2009
10-31-2007, 01:21 AM
I can only get a 4* on this song.. Short of 5* by 45k unfortunately.. I'll post a video of me playing it soon to show how I pass it.

Fire Mage
10-31-2007, 01:34 AM
I beat this about an hour ater posting the topic.

Now I've been stuck on the devil for about a day or so, and I now hate battle mode with a passion. It's so cheap. :/

DFILL450
10-31-2007, 02:02 AM
I beat this about an hour ater posting the topic.

Now I've been stuck on the devil for about a day or so, and I now hate battle mode with a passion. It's so cheap. :/
You'll get it eventually. The key is to get lucky and have lou not hit with you with either double notes or lefty flip the first time he gets a power up. Then you just have to hit him with a power up every time he's about to get a power up. I got really lucky on this though. Because after the break i saw that he was in the yellow and i still had an amp overload. Then i hit him with that and he was done. It feels so good when you beat him though so just keep at it haha.

Spot2009
10-31-2007, 03:33 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/124277.html

There we go. That's how I pass the song.

mateo1472
11-12-2007, 06:30 PM
this song is insane! i've got 90% 4 times in a row! stupid really close hammer ons!:uzi:hammer ons

killlah631
11-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Damn man this is the last song I have left too..I can't even use star power to help me I fail around 35ish% every time. I can't move my damn fingers that fast...that part with the really close hammer ons/pull offs..does that happen again in the song?

Dizzy Domes
11-12-2007, 08:10 PM
I finally made it to the last tier on my expert career and the only song I could beat is One. Raining Blood is the only one I've played repeatedly trying to pass on this tier so I hope I can get past the others atleast. But this song kills me. What frustrates me is that I can get about halfway through the Mosh section before I fail w/o star power. But when I do have star power it either activates on the first note of the mosh section or I totally bomb it trying to NOT activate it. My star power activates to damn easy. I can play it well with the guitar at a 45 degree angle or so which seems to be the magic angle for star power. I wish I could set it so star power only activates when I press the back button.

killerofdafish
11-13-2007, 02:17 AM
Someone once told me that if you are trying to just beat it turn the first of the three audio's down to something like 3. You are able to easier hear the actual notes. I don't know i went from getting 34% every time to getting though the Mosh without star power.

technopimp
11-14-2007, 02:39 AM
This is an awful song...there isn't even any music to speak of, much less rhythm or anything you can use to actually know what you're supposed to be doing. How can anyone even think this is "music"???

AlphaDog Deluxe
11-14-2007, 02:52 AM
I swear, they put this on there just to make the game harder. And it worked too well.

mateo1472
11-14-2007, 02:55 AM
i missed that last note of three and failed AAAHHHH!!!!!!!!
:uzi:RAINING BLOOD

killlah631
11-14-2007, 03:25 AM
I tried the song over 20 times and can't do the damn mosh...I think this can wait until after the GSL...save me a lot of frustration.

Illution
11-14-2007, 05:35 AM
This song is gay.. I still need to 5* it on hard and this and one are the only two songs I have left on expert!!! Come to think of it i gotta 5* one too on hard.. GRRR I can just imagine the guitar battle against lou... damn..

MxKiNG971
11-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Mosh 1 is a joke.

Illution
11-14-2007, 11:39 PM
w00t i beat one today but I still have this song :(

everytime I try to just do the orange-red and then the blue-red and skip the green i just keep failing it goes way too fast... And star power is gay because it doesn't even help and you can't tell when you're about to fail cause you fail too fast!!! CURSE YOU ACTIVISION!!!!

Anders30008
11-25-2007, 06:33 PM
my tip is to stay in the green throughout the first of the song until you get to mosh 1. note you must have full star power. to beat the damn pull offs start by putting ur fingers on all of the 4 bottom buttons , u gotta b fast so that all you have to to do is lift up everything thats not the orange button simply easy . try to maintain control, once you lost it use ur star power and hopefully ull stay in the yelo thru mosh 1