PDA

View Full Version : Beginner Help?!!

DropDeadArtemus
10-29-2007, 10:28 PM
Ok guys, im new to the guitar hero series. i tried out guitar hero 2 at gamestop when it first came out but this is the first time i have really spent any time on a guitar hero game. I could really use some tips if you guys have any. i looked at a song on expert and nearly pissed myself. its crazy how many notes come across the screen at once. thnx in advance for any pointers.

Tussell
10-29-2007, 10:32 PM
For starters, check out the tutorials, and practice some songs.

Definitely start out on 'Easy' if you're insecure about anything.

Zef
10-29-2007, 10:49 PM
I'm guessing they haven't completely changed it since GHII so just check out the GHII forums for general tips on how to play etc. As said above, do ALL of the tutorials until you know the basics. Start on Easy before even attempting anything else, the learning curve of the songs should set you up nicely for Medium and so on. If you find a particular song difficult then just keep practising it or certain sections of it, eventually you will be able to get past it.

crazydudex117
10-29-2007, 10:53 PM
Definitely start out on Easy. It was a good week or so before I could move up to medium. Maybe more. Now I'm nearly ready to move onto to Hard after two months or so. I'll get to expert one day. You will hopefully too.

And besides, doing the tutorials gives you an achievement. :)

Dukefan45
10-29-2007, 10:54 PM
Do you have to have the guitar to do the tutorials

Tussell
10-29-2007, 10:55 PM
Do you have to have the guitar to do the tutorials
You don't have to have the guitar to do anything.

Dukefan45
10-29-2007, 10:57 PM
Well it's not lettin me select the tutorials.
Anybody wanna tell me wat u do

Tussell
10-29-2007, 10:59 PM
Ah, well then, I guess I was wrong. I assumed if you could play the game with the controller, you could do the tutorial with the controller, my bad.

MinPinz
10-30-2007, 01:23 AM
GH2 did require the controller to do the tutorials, so it makes sense 3 would also. The tutorials wouldn't make any sense for the controller anyway, since there aren't any frets or a strum or whammy bar, which is what they teach you to use.

Valkynaz
10-30-2007, 02:26 AM
If you have a standard controller plugged in, you can't play the tutorials--only w/ the guitar.

odysseus123
10-30-2007, 03:48 AM
yea it tells you so in the manual, which says people should read the manuals..... anyway I love this game, but i'm so bad at it lol.

HeroFromHyrule
10-30-2007, 06:38 AM
As stated here, start on Easy. With Guitar Hero 1 I started off and easy and once I completed every song on easy I moved up to Medium and so on. If you get stuck on a song, either practice that song multiple times, or find a good song to play for practice. I know that when I was having issues on Hard and Expert on Guitar Hero 1 I would play "I Wanna Be Sedated" by The Ramones to help get my fingers in the groove, and it really helped. Make a mental note of a song that you can handle playing well enough but yet still requires a fair amount of finger movement to play it.

Also, most people will say that going from Medium to Hard is the toughest move you will make. For me it was going from Easy to Medium because Medium introduces the fourth fret, and after playing Easy a bunch my pinky was quite lazy and it took some convincing to get it to cooperate.

Just keep playing. After playing GH1 and GH2 I am quite comfortable with Expert, but I still have a ways to go.