PDA

View Full Version : Buy all guitars?

armysoldier13
10-30-2007, 06:19 AM
So is this including the guitars you get for beating and 5 starring each difficulty? because ive bought all the others and I still havent got the achievement.

Echoes248
10-30-2007, 07:31 AM
im experiencing the same problem... i finished career on medium( all w/ five Stars) and hard(not all 5 stars) bought all guitars...but no achievement...anyone know wuts up with it??

JonLacksAnH
10-30-2007, 08:28 AM
I assume you're going to have to 5-star every song on every difficulty to unlock all the guitars, then use the money you earned to buy them. Seems like this, buying everything in the store, and "never gonna spend it all" are essentially three parts of the same achievement.

RavenBlackthorn
10-30-2007, 01:37 PM
I assume you're going to have to 5-star every song on every difficulty to unlock all the guitars, then use the money you earned to buy them. Seems like this, buying everything in the store, and "never gonna spend it all" are essentially three parts of the same achievement.

Very well could be. My friend is having the same issue. He bought all of the non-unlockable guitars in the shop (which would have landed him the achievement in GH2) but didnt get the same achievement in GH3.

killerharu45
10-30-2007, 02:01 PM
Also try buying all of the characters as you get their special guitar with that. And they may count each finish as another guitar. If not, then I don't know what to say

shftleft
10-30-2007, 04:35 PM
I have all of the characters, all of the songs, and all of the guitars I can buy right now (5 starred all of easy, medium, just beat hard) and I don't have the axe collector ach. It would be insane for them to think that people should have to 5 star all of expert (and co-op) to get this achievement.

Does anyone have this yet?

Maka
10-31-2007, 01:24 AM
I have all of the characters, all of the songs, and all of the guitars I can buy right now (5 starred all of easy, medium, just beat hard) and I don't have the axe collector ach. It would be insane for them to think that people should have to 5 star all of expert (and co-op) to get this achievement.

Does anyone have this yet?

Im not trying to use you as a Guinea pig, but thats essentially what I want you to be..

Try buying the finishes, I think that may fix the problem.

But if they expect us to beat the game on expert twice, and get 5 stars on all of them, then they are just stupid.

RavenBlackthorn
10-31-2007, 02:11 PM
Im not trying to use you as a Guinea pig, but thats essentially what I want you to be..

Try buying the finishes, I think that may fix the problem.

But if they expect us to beat the game on expert twice, and get 5 stars on all of them, then they are just stupid.

Yeah Pat. ;) Buy everything and 5 star everything, including all the co-op songs and let us know how that works out for you. }:> But good point about the co-op guitars, I didn't even think of that. I'm really -- really hoping that they aren't counting all the solo 5 star guitars, plus all the co-op guitars for all the difficulties, and all the co-op guitars for 5 starring all difficulties. And just think, once you do all this, you'll get 5 Gamerscore!!

shftleft
10-31-2007, 02:16 PM
Ok I'll try to get all of the finishes today. I find it interesting that even if you create a new band the things you've purchased with another band at the store are already "sold". At least they made buying things in the store easier to track.

shftleft
10-31-2007, 03:50 PM
I just confirmed that buying all of the finishes does *not* get you axe collector.

armysoldier13
10-31-2007, 06:44 PM
I have bought everything in the store including all the bonus guitars ive unlocked (beat all difficulties and 5 starred easy and medium and beat coop career which gave me a bass)

still no ach with virtually everything that is available bought...... looks like weve gotta get em all

shftleft
10-31-2007, 07:32 PM
Agreed, I have everything in the store as well, very lame that they expect you to five star all of expert to get the freaking thing. That means :

axe collector
long road ahead
burnin a hole

Are all achievements that are impossible to get for mortals who cant 5 star Cliffs of Dover and Raining Blood on expert..

Death Buster 9
10-31-2007, 07:59 PM
Wow, thats a bit disappointing. lol so I'll never being buying everything from the store/getting all the guitars/or burning the virtual holes in my pocket. There's no way I'm five starring hard mode...let alone expert!

FalseHope4829
10-31-2007, 11:09 PM
Yeah i'll be happy getting like 200 gamepoints out of this one. 5 starring the 1st 3 difficulties wont be bad but as for expert, heh yea right. You have to be incredibly gifted at this game and also have a friend who is incredibly gifted to get 1000 on this beast. Has anybody tried emailing Activision? Maybe they'll give a more solid answer.