PDA

View Full Version : Nyko Xbox 360 Frontman Wireless Guitar Controller

tmeadows34
10-30-2007, 04:27 PM
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802757

Anybody know any thing else about this guitar comming out????

DFILL450
10-30-2007, 06:43 PM
Why would you want that? Its not compatible with guitar hero 3. And plus it just looks like an even crappier version of the x-plorer.

Vista
10-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Why would you want that? Its not compatible with guitar hero 3. And plus it just looks like an even crappier version of the x-plorer.

Agreed, If it isnt compatible with GH III, its probably not compatible with rock band, which makes it useless!

Zee
10-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Were did it say it's not compatible with 3? If it works on two it's surely going to work on 3. Nothing really changed in the way the game plays.

DFILL450
10-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Were did it say it's not compatible with 3? If it works on two it's surely going to work on 3. Nothing really changed in the way the game plays.
Well in the description it says its "Fully compatible with guitar hero 2", and says nothing about 3. Also on the guitar hero box it says "*Only official Guitar Hero Guitars are compatible with Guitar Hero games". So i'm not sure if that means that the guitar has to be made by red octane or not.

Zee
10-30-2007, 07:37 PM
Every thing says that. There's been tons of 3rd party guitars for the ps2, it said the same thing on those games. It even said the same thing for GH2 on the 360. Every console says the same thing about controllers and memory cards too. It's because they want you to buy there product.
Anyway I'll say wait on some reviews for the guitar. Nyko has some good and bad products. So you can't trust it in-till some reviews.

Maka
10-31-2007, 12:53 AM
It will most likely work with Guitar Hero III. Just because it doesnt say it will doesnt mean it wont. Does your GH2 guitar work on your new game? Yea? Wow, my X-plorer box doesnt say anything about GH3 though.. Hmm.. Weird

DFILL450
10-31-2007, 01:55 AM
It will most likely work with Guitar Hero III. Just because it doesnt say it will doesnt mean it wont. Does your GH2 guitar work on your new game? Yea? Wow, my X-plorer box doesnt say anything about GH3 though.. Hmm.. Weird
Well.. hmmm ..how come the rock band controllers aren't going to work with guitar hero 3?....hmmm... thats weird too. :p

Your probably right though. I just don't understand why you would want that guitar.

Fonkey Monkey
10-31-2007, 02:00 AM
do not get a 3rd party guitar. my friend got 3 different ones for guitar hero 2 on ps2, all 3 of them were broken within an hour.

MRG6290
11-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Ya. I remember hearing about this controller at the last E3. I think the review I read about it came from Joystiq (or Engadget). Anyways, it got a pretty good review, they said it worked really well even at far distances (not sure why you would want to be far from the Tv for guitar hero though). The catch is that it has a large dongle attachment that u have to plug a licensed wired controller into for some odd reason. I remember them discussing whether they were going to bring it to market, and now I guess they decided they will.