PDA

View Full Version : Prey demo on June 22

Sarge McLarge
05-20-2006, 07:17 AM
"Available that day on the PC as well as in the Xbox Live Marketplace will be a 5 level demo containing both single player and multiplayer modes of the game. The size of the demo, which levels, what time it is to be released has yet to be determined, but June 22nd is Prey Day - you're going to want to keep an eye out for that! "

There hasn't been a good 3D Realms title in a Looong time, hopefully this one pulls through, we shall see...

KilluhKam
05-20-2006, 07:18 AM
i saw that on the site i got the Devil May Cry link frum lol i cant wait 4 it =)

Emerson
05-27-2006, 07:59 PM
Looking forward to this.

Webb
05-27-2006, 08:24 PM
Nice birthday present for me then :D

k_dog
05-28-2006, 04:08 AM
i saw that on the site i got the Devil May Cry link frum lol i cant wait 4 it =)

You know that was canned, right? The site removed the Article.

On Topic:
Demo is gonna rule!

Sarge McLarge
06-22-2006, 02:09 AM
Well tomorrow the demo is released, really looking forward to see how this game plays especially since I already reserved it awhile back (What can I say im a sucker for pewter figurines, tin cases, and art books :D).

http://www.prey.com/images/hunter_pewter_2.jpg
http://www.prey.com/images/tommy_pewter_2.jpg
http://www.prey.com/images/Tin_Pkge_FoB.jpghttp://www.prey.com/images/Art_of_Prey_mock.jpg

Maka
06-22-2006, 02:13 AM
Are there supposed to be fingerprints on the case or does it just have them?

I'm not intot the figurines but Whatever if they are cool... I like the Art Book and I <3 tin cases.... The tin case looks cool... Does anyone know how big the book is? like a mini-book or a real book..? and how tall the figurines are?

Helacool360
06-22-2006, 04:17 AM
Are there supposed to be fingerprints on the case or does it just have them?

I'm not intot the figurines but Whatever if they are cool... I like the Art Book and I <3 tin cases.... The tin case looks cool... Does anyone know how big the book is? like a mini-book or a real book..? and how tall the figurines are?

Who cares about that stuff:p What it comes down to is do you want the collectors or regular edition;)

HellzManik
06-22-2006, 05:34 AM
I'm thinking about buying the Collectors Edition.

However,
It would have been great if they added a second disc with Themes and Gamer pics... Does anyone know if that will be included???
(Probably not..But oh welll...LoL)

PeAcE

DaveWilma07
06-22-2006, 07:41 AM
I'm looking forward to playing this one too. If its anything like Duke Nukem 3D its going to rock.... build editor anybody?? ;)

Maka
06-22-2006, 01:26 PM
Personally, for $10 getting 2 figurines, and art book and a nice tin case is worth it, and it has mroe value when you trade it back....

EDIT: The 22nd is today!!!!

HellzManik
06-22-2006, 02:57 PM
Bad News:

Prey delay: developer comments
22 Jun 2006 10:25am
The Marketplace demo has not landed just yet...
Those of you who are eagerly stalking the Xbox Live Marketplace for the downloadable Prey demo are set to be disappointed this morning, as 3D Realms have announced its short delay.
Speaking via their own forums 3DR president George Broussard confirmed the set-back late last night, but also mentioned that the forthcoming wait would be minimal.

He commented "We do not want 360 people waiting up for the demo or having false expectations. The 360 demo will not appear on Marketplace tonight. I'm still waiting for specifics, but I'm being told that it's still in testing at Microsoft. From what I understand this isn't Microsoft's fault, and is more likely just an issue of timing.
I'm hesitant to give any estimates for a release, but I've been told it should be reasonably soon after the PC release, but could be as long as a few days."
With the PC demo already available, Xbox 360 owners should expect the 360'centric Prey teaser to drop sometime over the weekend. But holding your breath until its arrival is not advised. Still testing? Having too much fun playing the damn game to post it more like!
Has this news ruined your plans for Thursday or are we spoilt enough with downloadable demos that a short delay can be forgiven?

PeAcE

Ps~ here is a Direct link if you want to look at the ACTUAL article: http://www.oxm.co.uk/articles/news/1st_person/prey_delay_developer_comments (http://www.oxm.co.uk/articles/news/1st_person/prey_delay_developer_comments)

Maka
06-22-2006, 06:29 PM
DAMN!!! I guess I'll jus download the PC Demo...

2 hours to go....:(

Helacool360
06-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Another delay:(

DaveWilma07
06-22-2006, 09:33 PM
Another delay:(

Yes, but it'll be worth it in the end.

PlaN MaN
06-22-2006, 09:47 PM
ill just be playing the pc demo :uzi:

DaveWilma07
06-22-2006, 09:50 PM
lets hope there's a good level editor shipped with the game when its released.

Flea
06-24-2006, 12:18 PM
3d realms suck at releasing things on time

Ice2Dragon
06-24-2006, 12:44 PM
I'm really sad that the demo STILL isn't out... why can't microsoft get something right for once... @_@

KMB 316
06-25-2006, 03:55 AM
i cant wait for the demo, but i doubt ill buy it, im saving for a few games coming up!

CHPwannabe
06-25-2006, 04:01 AM
the demo needs to be here next week the game is listed for the 11th.I want to play it.

chaos bz
06-26-2006, 04:02 AM
the demo needs to be here next week the game is listed for the 11th.I want to play it.

We can only hope :(

If it was a different time-a-year I wouldnt have even looked at this game, but since summer is the weak month for games, This has realy caught my attention :D

Phaethon360
06-26-2006, 04:15 AM
Played the PC demo, it rocks. I'll be getting it for PC now instead of on the 360. To think, I wasn't even gonna d/l the PC demo because it would be on the 360...It's a very fast paced shooter, I don't know if its multiprey would be suited for a controller. But how should I know, I haven't played the 360 demo.

P1NSEEKER
06-26-2006, 08:05 AM
Where is my demo?! God its like GRAW all over again! :(

DaveWilma07
06-26-2006, 12:26 PM
Good ol' 3d Realms. It should arrive soon.

KhanMan
06-26-2006, 08:31 PM
Can't wait!

Sarge McLarge
06-27-2006, 03:46 AM
No news on the release date for the demo but they did release about how big it is...

3D Realms doesn't have a release date yet for the Xbox 360 demo of Prey but they were able to provide the size of the upcoming download. Joe Siegler, 3D Realms webmaster, made the following post in the official forums:

While we don't know the formal size of the demo yet, I inquired and was told it was in the neighbhorhood of 650Mb. Yes, that's larger than the PC side. And before people start freaking out, I did inquire as to why it's larger, and got this explanation from Peter over at Venom..

To minimise seek time on the DVD, data on the 360 is organised into three PAK files for each level which contain all the models, textures and sound data for that level (those loaded at the start and all those which might be needed during the level, as we also have to pre-cache everything on 360 to avoid stalls caused by mid-level loads).
This means three DVD seeks instead of hundreds when loading a level (seeks are expensive time-wise) and was a necessary change to bring the load time down under 45 seconds- it was around 5 minutes a level from DVD before this was done! However it means textures, sounds and models are stored again in the PAKs for any levels they are needed for.

So basically it comes down to the way the 360 streams stuff for the size difference.

RoutineX
06-30-2006, 08:05 PM
Check the marketplace ;)

mrfunky14
06-30-2006, 08:05 PM
demo is out, downloading it now (2% through)
its 1.17 GB which is basically rediculous but whatev ill get it anyhow.

this demo release is also ironic b/c Major Nelson clearly said awhile back that a demo would NEVER be released on a Friday. hah.