PDA

View Full Version : Lego City Walkthrough

Marx0r
10-30-2007, 05:00 PM
This guide is loosely based on the work of TitansStrength, but his was rife with misspellings and inaccuracies, so I did the awesome thing to do and revamped the entire thing. If you follow this guide to the T, YOU ARE STILL NOT GUARANTEED TO GET THE MILLION POINTS. A majority of all attempts WILL get you a million, but it is possible to fail your first few times. Also, if you’re behind on the stud count but you’re certain you got all of them, don’t worry. Just keep going.

You begin in a small garden. Destroy the 4 trees around you. Now take out a Force User and use the force on the four plant pots around you. Once the flowers have grown, you can destroy them for more studs. Now destroy all the fencing around you. The first step is complete. You should now have around 48,000 studs.

Head towards the camera (screen, whatever) and destroy the 2 trees across the street. Destroy all the fencing that goes down the perimeter of the playground. At the end of the long line of fencing, there is one more tree to destroy. After destroying that tree, you will notice 3 little blue studs that you can't pick up lying on the floor. You can actually build these to make flowers. You should build 4 blue flowers. Head back to the playground and use the ‘swings’ to grapple back and forth, collecting the 2 blue studs on each side. Now climb up the big structure behind the swings, collecting all the studs you see. Back at the swings, you should notice another piece of the playground. Use a Bounty Hunter to throw a bomb onto the shiny piece of metal beside the colorful wheel. Once it's destroyed, build the blocks that are revealed. The device you just built doesn't do anything, so let’s continue on. You should now have around 85,500 studs.

Head past the merry-go-round you just built, destroy 2 trees and continue on. Turn into a Jedi and use the force on each of the windows on the house with the red roof. Now take out a Bounty Hunter and throw your bombs at the house until it’s down to the ground. All you should see is the door of the house and the first layer of blocks. You should now have about 136,000 studs.

Onto the building with the black roof - use the force on all of the windows of the house. Don’t forget the two of them in the back. Now take out a Bounty Hunter and take down the building. There are also 2 trees beside this house which need to be destroyed. Take out a force user and use the force on the wreckage. Viola! It's an AS-ST. You should now have 189,000 studs.

Head over to the field filled with Womp Rats behind the house you just destroyed. Use the force on the 2 electric fans. Behind the fans is another house. Use the force to close all three windows of the house. Remember the AS-ST you built earlier? Go ahead and use it to destroy this house. The wreckage should reveal some blocks to build. Get out and build them to make a small vehicle. Once you get on the vehicle, a line of blue studs will suddenly appear. PAC-MAN TIME! Follow the line, picking up all the blue studs. The end of the blue stud line should lead you back to the two houses you destroyed earlier. You should now have close to 263,000 studs.

Marx0r
10-30-2007, 05:17 PM
Make your way back to the 2 fans that you activated earlier. Now that youíve activated the fans, you now have the ability to destroy the lamp posts throughout LEGO City. They simply line up across the edge of the street. Destroy them when you see them. There are a total of 18 lamp posts throughout the level. Continuing from the two fans - destroy the trees beside the upper fan, and go directly to the next building. This building can't be destroyed, but it has lots of coin-dispelling features. First off, grab all of the studs from the roof of the building. Next, destroy the blue flowers in front of the building. Finally, use the force on everything in the building, the front gates, and the windows. You should now have 300,000 studs.

Directly beside this building are a group of colored bricks all scattered around. Destroy the lamp post here, and the several trees. The goal here is to use the force on the blocks to spell the word LEGO. The blue bricks create L, the yellow make E, Green is G, and Red is O. Still donít get it?

For L Ė Simply take a long brick, then all of the smaller bricks.
For E - Take a 3-squared brick, then a 1. Then a 2, then a 1. Finally add a 3.
For G - Take a 3, and then take 2 of the bricks with a bar in the middle. Now add a 1, and finish with a 3.
For O - Take a 3, then add 3 of the bricks with bars. Finish with another 3-squared.

For your bravery in the field of vocabulary, you will be bequeathed with a sizeable pile of studs. You should now have 323,000 studs.

Head to the next house beside the letters E and L. Destroy the trees in front of the house and then use the force on the house. This house has a strange twist - it shrinks. Shrink all the pieces until you see rubbles all over the place, and build the rubble into an even smaller house. You can't destroy that house, but you did get a crap load of studs. You should now have 392,000 studs.

Beside the house, you should see 2 lone trees. Destroy them, then switch to a Bounty Hunter. Throw a bomb at the barricade here to destroy it. Inside is Luke's Landspeeder. There is no line of blue studs for this vehicle, so forget it and move on. Stud count- 398k.

Continue along the walls of LEGO City. You should now spot an outline of a house with a lot of trees. Destroy the trees. As you destroy the trees, the house will re-build itself just like it was to be brand new. This house, again, can't be destroyed. You should now have 460,000 studs.

Now head to the next house along the wall, destroying the fencing and trees along your path. The house youíre walking to floats up into the air in pieces as you walk near it, and canít be destroyed. Loot the studs from the property and use a bomb from a Bounty Hunter to destroy the metal object within the house. The blast should reveal some more blocks to build. You will make another car, and you will have another Pac-Man moment. Once you have completed the line of studs, return back to the floating house. You should now be halfway there. Pop on some Bon Jovi and keep going.

Marx0r
10-30-2007, 06:53 PM
Keep following the wall of LEGO City. You will now come to a small pen of Banthas. Free them by destroying all the fencing, the trees, and the bus station around them. When you ride the Banthas, no line of blue studs will appear, so, again, forget it. You should now have approximately 605,000 studs.

Continue along the wall as usual until you come to a large group of trees in this little corner. Shoot them all down. Destroying them will reveal a field of blue flowers. Keep walking around, and a few other blue flowers will sprout up. When you get another payout, you’ve gotten all the flowers. Now, go across the street and destroy 2 lamp posts along the circular street. Continue downwards and on to another grass field. Destroy all the fencing going down here. There is also another lamp post at the end of the line, don't forget to take it out. Jumping on the Lizard that you see will not do anything – carry on. You should now have 660,000 studs.

If you continue to follow the outer grass field here, you will end up back in the playground from earlier. Congratulations, you’ve covered the outer area of LEGO City. Now, you’re going to go deeper. Start by heading back to the floating house. Walk across the street to a small patch of grass surrounded by road, and destroy the trees and lamp posts. You can also build a few orange flowers in this small patch of grass. You should now have nearly 682,000 studs.

Next, head towards the camera (across the street) and onto a new patch of grass with a group of 5 trees. Take them all out. Now head right, staying on the grass. You will end up in another pen of animals. This time it's a bunch of Taun-tauns being lined up for slaughter. Take out of the lamp post, trees, and fencing in this patch of grass. Take a Taun-taun and a line of studs will finally appear. You know what to do. When the line is complete, return to the taun-taun pen. Head towards the camera and onto this circular street. There is a short line of blue studs here, grab them, and return to the taun-taun pen. You should now be a little over three-quarters done.

Marx0r
10-30-2007, 06:55 PM
To the right of the Taun-taun pen, you should spot a house with a red roof. First, destroy all the garbage cans, fences, and trees around the house. After you destroy these, building blocks will appear, build a car. Hop on the car and another line of studs will appear, do what you need to do and then return to the house. Use the force on all of the windows of the house. Then use Bounty Hunter bombs to take the house down. Now head left, across the street to another small patch of grass surrounded by roads. Destroy the lamp posts, and build the flowers. You should now have 864,000 studs.

Continue to the left, across the street, and to a new red building. Destroy all trees, lamp posts, and build all the flowers that surround the property. Turn into a Jedi and use the force on the windows of the tower. Now, right between the tower and the building is a fairly large patch of grass, swing your lightsaber around and do a few ground attacks to reveal a small pit full of junk. Use the force on the small piece of rubble in front of the tower to attach it to the pile of junk. Now, onto the main building. Use the force on all of the windows of the building. Then flip the two pairs of switches to open the doors. When you open the left gate, you can use the force on the object inside to attach it to the pile of junk. Jump on top of the building and pick up any studs you see. Shoot the glass panels on either side of the building. Now, go get the AS-ST or the lizard creature and head back. Jump off whatever you’re riding and try to hit the top of the tower. Now, build the antennae onto the pile of junk to create a helicopter thing. You should now have 1,000,000 Studs. If you still don’t have it, get into the AS-ST and run around shooting for a while. Make sure you have all 18 lampposts. If you still come up short, you may have not used the force to its full extent before destroying the various buildings. If this is the case, you’re screwed. Sorry.

Creech
11-06-2007, 05:49 PM
Nice walkthrough, Marx0r. Stuck.

TheIcemanCometh
01-24-2008, 12:45 AM
When you're in the far bottom left corner where you plant all the blue flowers, MAKE SURE you get them all. There will be some that look like VERY small blue dots. There are about six of them. I got finished with the walkthough and was about 30,000 short. This was one of the areas I found when doing one last walk-around. BINGO!

Thanks for the walkthrough - nice!

JonHu
02-05-2008, 07:45 AM
Ok, I did this level like 20 times and always got stuck at around 993,000.

If this happens to you. You need to walk through the field of blue flowers in the top left corner..... (above the solo lizard thing & to the left of the 3 furry animals) where you killed the BIG group of trees. The "pop" noise you hear is the flowers popping up. You need to make them ALL pop up. That is where the rest of the stud money is.

seriosblack
02-06-2008, 09:33 PM
I cant find lego city, Ive completed the game minus some capsules and bricks, do I need a certain character like I did with the bounty levels?

seriosblack
02-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Sorry found it on FAQ

This guide will be very helpfull when I need it, thankyou

WrottenSandwich
02-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the time it took to post this guide it will be very helpful......

timmy77
02-27-2008, 09:00 PM
thanks very helpfull especialy the bit about going around at the end just shooting everything in the at st,i was 20000 short jumped in at st shot a few things then bingo job done

Caffiend_SWVD
03-09-2008, 07:33 PM
What does opening the windows do before I blowup a house? I don't get any studs when I open the windows, should I be getting some? I'm about 20k short, but I did get the flowers in the corner.

Thanks for all the help, the guide helped my total jump up about 30k, I'm still 20k short though.

Sharked95
03-15-2008, 06:46 PM
When I am done with the guide I am still short 20K and i don't see the piont of using the force on the destutable buildings because it does nothing to help me.:confused:

StumpyFlesh
03-17-2008, 05:46 PM
I beat this without a guide. I thought it was pretty easy. It didn't take me very long either.

chris uk1994
03-30-2008, 04:28 PM
thank you so much now the new city

hotdog1802
03-30-2008, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the guide it was really helpful.

mybadlegs1
05-08-2008, 11:09 PM
ah thanks very much! finally done it using this guide. :) always seemed to get stuck @ about 995,000 odd.

:)

onemorechanc
08-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Aonther "thanks for the guide" comment. I kept getting stuck with a ridiculously low amount of studs left (once was under 1700), and this made a difference.

quikDC
11-09-2008, 07:11 PM
Great guide. Thanks

DaveABH
01-13-2009, 10:04 AM
worked like a charm!! cheers!!

Soldier 4 I AM
03-09-2009, 05:51 AM
Thank you for this guide. I tried once and failed. I used the guide and failed then the 3rd time i got it. Thanks for the guide. i missesd one step

raggyt
04-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Thankyou for the guide, I really needed this to round up the last of the studs needed.

stevanov
04-14-2009, 12:45 PM
thanx, this rlly helped

GamerTOr
06-30-2009, 09:00 AM
Yeah Now i trough lego city ty!!

wildwest08
07-08-2009, 09:43 AM
thanks for this guide i thought i screwed up at first but found out about the panels and kept blasting things with the at at

braedinfalln86
12-24-2009, 09:43 PM
Thank you matey!

S_C
03-15-2010, 01:12 PM
have finally done this, but am stuck on final level without dying achievement :(

letum
04-26-2010, 08:01 AM
Outstanding was getting stuck on this.

Z3RO 37
09-19-2010, 09:15 PM
Awesome walkthrough! Thanks so much.

Peter_Parker
11-14-2010, 01:12 PM
That really helped me

JAW LV
02-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Nice guide, it helped me find a few things that I missed :woop:

mbailey347
03-31-2011, 12:11 AM
Are there any cheat codes for this game?? Ones that would actually be helpful in beating the game or 100%??

Mistress Sara
04-29-2011, 11:02 PM
Very helpful. Thanks!

THE Mr Fill
05-11-2011, 12:14 PM
when I get to the "red roof house" that you have to use the force on the windows, before it I'm at the right stud count, but after it I'm at 129k, about 7k short (and will continue to be for the rest of the walk-through) - any suggestions? I can only see 4 windows to use the force on, so don't know if I'm missing anything...

Rascalov
04-26-2012, 08:21 AM
I'm following the guide exactly but I can't seem to get to 1 million. I keep getting stuck at 975k-980k. There is a house near the start where I use the force on the windows but don't get any studs from them. Is it glitched for me or something? Already made 5 attempts at this and I don't seem to be getting any closer. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

BOURBON
11-29-2013, 02:07 AM
Great guide. Thanks :dance:

EverGoodMe
07-17-2014, 09:25 PM
Great Guide it really helped me complete this game, Thank You