PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else's console keep freezing, game lagging

Dr Buttcrack
10-30-2007, 09:36 PM
The fretboard lags a little when I use starpower about every 10 songs, and my system has already frozen 4 times since I got the game Sunday (luckily never during a song, but it's happened when I was on a 5 win streak right before a song started). Anybody else had this problem?

RHopkins
10-30-2007, 09:56 PM
My game has lagged like you state, but never frozen yet.

Vista
10-30-2007, 10:27 PM
My game has frozen 3 times... twice while "joining game" and once when I was s=looking for a song to play in career.

Whistler
10-30-2007, 10:32 PM
No lag that I have noticed, but have frozen 3 times, all in the menu thou.

xDumpWeLLxTBMx
10-30-2007, 10:34 PM
my xbox has frozen atleast a dozen times, online and off. funny thing is, never during a song but always in the lobby online and after the songs over in single player when im checking out the stats and not moving on, or when im just chillin talking or doing whatever through my dash.

thieflordgamer
10-30-2007, 10:54 PM
Mine has frozen three times and my friend's has frozen at least 10 times. It seems like changing the xbox's position from horizontal to vertical or from vertical to horizontal (while it's off, of course) helps with freezing.

Grausherra
10-30-2007, 10:57 PM
The game lags during star power activation for me too, as well as my game freezing in the game lobby or before/after a song is played on Live.

Static Parsley
10-31-2007, 12:41 AM
man my game freezes all the time.....even when im playing single player

ph201
10-31-2007, 12:53 AM
My game lags a bunch. Frozen more than 5 times. This is a very bad online service.

Maka
10-31-2007, 12:59 AM
Mine has frozen 3 times total, but all within the same hour, so I decided to let everything cool down and it hasnt happened since.

And also, my fret board occasionally "lags" and it jumps a little, but the notes are still in the same palace even though they are a little different on screen.

Conker Rules All
10-31-2007, 01:08 AM
Mine has frozen 3 times total, but all within the same hour, so I decided to let everything cool down and it hasnt happened since.

And also, my fret board occasionally "lags" and it jumps a little, but the notes are still in the same palace even though they are a little different on screen.

when i was playing guitar hero 2 it froze sometimes which then i realized i should start standing my console upright and now it never freezes

drtyfrml
10-31-2007, 02:26 AM
Mine has frozen twice and my friends has frozen up around 6 times within 10 minutes. I think it's just a bug in the game that the dev team will come up with a patch for it soon.

abearden
10-31-2007, 06:48 AM
My game lags a bit when star power is activated, but no freezes yet in single player mode (I haven't tried online yet).

ha1oo2
10-31-2007, 07:24 AM
ive had mine freeze during char select, loading song and while previewing songs in the career list. not in game while playing though.

i havent had any lag OFFLINE while using starpower. havent gone online yet.

the big thing for me tho is after it froze for the first time, ive got the dreaded RRoD :(

after waiting 30m+ i can power up again but its frozen everytime since and thats when i get the rrod again unless i wait. MS is shipping me a box to get it repaired.

thieflordgamer
10-31-2007, 10:42 AM
Yeah mine froze one night and the next morning I turned it on and I had just one red light. I forgot what that means, but it kind of scared me. But my xbox works fine now, luckily.

PerpetualHeaven
10-31-2007, 12:23 PM
Mine has frozen three times and my friend's has frozen at least 10 times. It seems like changing the xbox's position from horizontal to vertical or from vertical to horizontal (while it's off, of course) helps with freezing.

I would avoid that. Reason being is that your console has been running in a specific position so long so when you change the position the way the entire console functions changes. I'm probably saying it wrong but you get the jist. I read it in the PS2 instruction manual a long time ago and it makes sense. Anyways! My console froze twice and both after I finished a song. It hasn't frozen in a while though.

Dr Buttcrack
10-31-2007, 01:12 PM
Wow this sucks! I didn't expect this many people to reply to this...I was thinking of trying to get a new disc from EB, my friends had to do that with his guitar, apparently some of the necks don't connect properly, and his green button worked off and on as well.

But yea, atleast the lag during songs doesn't cause you to miss notes, but at some point it'll happen during a solo or something where I really need to see, and I'm gonna get pissed.

I fear that I'll never be able to get any of the 15 win streaks legit, and I really had wanted to do it legit...fuckin kids keep picking TtFaF...........god I hate that song

Valkynaz
10-31-2007, 02:03 PM
My game stutters occasionally whenever I activate star power just before a solo or something.

DoM cAbAn
10-31-2007, 07:28 PM
My friend's game froze after he played online with me. It froze when we were waiting to start a new song. My 360 froze for the first time yesterday when it was loading up, and if it doesn't freeze, it still goes very slow.

Death Buster 9
10-31-2007, 08:15 PM
Yeah when I would lag every once in a while after activating star power, and it only actually froze once while loading. It hasn't done that in a while so who knows what it is.

FalseHope4829
10-31-2007, 11:16 PM
I fear that I'll never be able to get any of the 15 win streaks legit, and I really had wanted to do it legit...fuckin kids keep picking TtFaF...........god I hate that song

Lmao, i know what you mean, its a good song but WTF?? Its not all that fun. U know that you suck man. It wasn't until after I read this that it froze in the lobby. I also get some lag with it slowing down then firing back up. Its funny cause its not like a whole lot of info needing to be getting sent through. I also noticed that my 360 runs hotter with this game.

Distilled84
11-01-2007, 06:14 AM
I've had mine freeze up once at the song selection screen, hasn't reoccured since.