PDA

View Full Version : How dumb can redoctane be...

Siznut
10-31-2007, 02:37 AM
WOW BATTLE MODE IS A JOKE i try to have fun by playing on expert but guess what the other person picks medium and even if i use whammy bar over and over i still lose to just 1 whammy bar.... PLEASE FIX IT so if 1 person picks expert both play expert

Tussell
10-31-2007, 02:42 AM
That gets rid of the point of it.

Siznut
10-31-2007, 02:45 AM
explain please whats the point of it when if u pick expert and the other guy auto wins if he picks medium or easy whats the fun in that?

Tussell
10-31-2007, 02:48 AM
Well, it's obviously made that way. Meaning there is a point to it... Am I right?

And plus, it's not their fault you pick Expert and can't win.

It's totally possible to beat someone if they're on easy and you're on expert.

ThtPepsiNagger
10-31-2007, 02:50 AM
i second what Big T said

Siznut
10-31-2007, 02:52 AM
not really... if i use whammy they miss like 2 notes and while i miss like a solo which is like a row of notes

Siznut
10-31-2007, 02:59 AM
see just right now i had 10 straight wins and this guy picks fire and flames and hes on medium how im i supposed to win when i can barely get 1% on it

Tussell
10-31-2007, 03:00 AM
I don't understand what you're trying to prove.

If you don't like the song they pick, host your own room.

If you don't like the difficulty, pick a different difficulty.

Just because you suck at the game doesn't mean that Red Octane sucks.

Also - Double Posting is for n00bs!

bakardi boy
10-31-2007, 03:24 AM
i dont get it. if some one picks easy then you sould to, you are just kicking your self in the ass if you pick expert.

KingGotenW
10-31-2007, 04:14 AM
wait until after they pick a diffuclty and then pick the same one.... beat them at there own game

PerpetualHeaven
10-31-2007, 04:18 AM
The battle mode is suppose to be a battle. It completely ruins the fun for someone if they're playing on expert and then someone goes off and picks medium or easy. If he hosts the room at expert, only people who can play expert should play it. It would make it a worthy competition for people who want it.

I also see the point in that he gets whammied and he misses a hundred notes. Honestly, I would like to see a bunch of people hit a ton of notes on TTFAF with a whammy bar and broken note while someone is playing on medium with barely anything happening to them. I also don't get how he sucks? I'm pretty sure plenty of really good people would lose on expert if on TTFAF if they were playing against someone on easy.

I'll give you an example. It's like playing Halo and having a handicap on someones health while all they have is a pistol while the other guy goes with no handicap and a machine gun. That's basically the exact same concept. Most games have difficulties set and that can't be changed, especially most sport games.

I'm sure most won't agree with my point of view but really, I'm not that good so it doesn't matter but I played medium and went on easy and I hated it. I can't see how anyone could possibly go to expert and go on medium or easy. I'm sure that would completely ruin the game for someone.

killerharu45
10-31-2007, 04:18 AM
I know I may be annoying, but its Neversoft, not Red Octane. Red Octane just does the controller. So blame neversoft, just how they do repetive tony hawk games.

Siznut
10-31-2007, 04:28 AM
finally someone agrees with me u see? i hate playing medium and at this rate im never going to get my 15 in a row wins with them playing medium/easy while i play expert im playing for fun and its not fun when i have to play easy or medium to win. And thats just crap.

DropDeadArtemus
10-31-2007, 01:23 PM
well i usually play on easy cause im not that good at gh3 and i still lose to people on hard or expert. i havent much experience with the gh series so im new to the guitar and the gameplay.

Valkynaz
10-31-2007, 01:36 PM
WOW BATTLE MODE IS A JOKE i try to have fun by playing on expert but guess what the other person picks medium and even if i use whammy bar over and over i still lose to just 1 whammy bar.... PLEASE FIX IT so if 1 person picks expert both play expert

Quit bitching and host or search for Face-Off/Pro Face-Off matches.

Dr Buttcrack
10-31-2007, 01:43 PM
Battle mode is for fun, obviously. If you're wanting to compete, play Pro Face-Off like Valkynaz said. I'll probably never play much battle, for some reason I equate it with playing Mario Kart with items on...

FalseHope4829
10-31-2007, 02:34 PM
You are right, that Battle Mode can be unfair, but you can always play it on easy too. Plus you really shouldn't tackle difficulties that you aren't great at on Battle Mode. Take it down to Hard, that way if the difficulty gets bumped up, you can just laugh at the other guy. That's just my way of doing it. It's like you are both digging holes (a song) and the other person is using a shovel (easy mode) and you are using your hands (expert), play smarter not harder bro. Use your head and grab a shovel is all i'm saying.

paradime
10-31-2007, 05:07 PM
i know personally i cant play expert at all, not even one song yet, i can do some hard but not many. if i ever played you of course id pick medium. its made that way so that people that arnt insane at the game have a chance to play others. but if they pick easy, just do the same

Pirate Luke
10-31-2007, 08:11 PM
If you were good enough to play it on expert you would beat someone on medium, i play on medium, sometimes hard and my cousin who does expert always beats me (unless i get the legendary lefty flip in a solo :P)

SonOfNorris86
10-31-2007, 08:32 PM
I think the point is if you are both evenly matched in skill and one person chooses a difficulty and the 2nd chooses the difficulty lower, the person who chooses the lower difficulty will alway win. I haven't played online but it's easy to see unless you can specify the diffculty of the room and the game force it there is little reason to play battle mode, and honestly there is little incentive to play battle mode anyway because there are still ways to abuse that.

killerofdafish
11-01-2007, 02:07 AM
You CANT fail on easy in battle mode. Ive tried it.

quinnmct33
11-01-2007, 04:59 AM
quit bitching. If you dont like to play it THEN DONT...thats what i did.
now all i do is pro face-off...and it pays off...right now i'm ranked #11 for expert pro face off...while for battle im 1000-something. Battle does suck...SO DONT DO IT.

Swished
11-01-2007, 08:43 AM
Pro Face-Off does it for me, I will hardly play Battle Mode period!

TheLazyWolf
11-01-2007, 09:11 AM
Are you kidding? Battle mode is great. Face off Sucks. Lets see i go to quick match, if it comes up as a face off with one song on expert. The guy picks either TTFATF or KillSwitch engage or some other hard as shit song. So he gets host, and gets to pick the song. Sound fair? not to me. In battle mode he gets to pick the song. Whoever joins gets to pick the difficulty (basically). Now if i could see what song the guy had picked before i joined his room, that might be ok. But just quickmatching i got 7 different people. the Songs were Dragonforce Hard, Dragonforce Expert x4, Cliffs of Dover expert, and some killswitch engage song on expert. Now im decent at the game, but i havent played those songs yet, let alone practice them. And with the dragonforce song, why the hell would i want to sit around for 8 minutes listening to a song that does have great guitar, but as a song mostly sucks.

The Remedyz
11-01-2007, 05:37 PM
i agree and disagree. i am do not suck like that one guy says.
i am stuck on the 7th tier on expert (before i forget, stricken, etc.)

i hate how people play on different settings and then hit 100% on easy and u hit 99% on expert and still lose becuase of the huge handicap. i think they should make it so people playing on expert get so sort of extra bonus or something to make it more fair.

make it like achivements how most of the time harder ones give you more points.

i am with TheLazyWolf when he says to see the song you are playing then choosing the diffculty.

LMA McLovin
11-01-2007, 05:49 PM
Try Pro-Face Off then, you have a steep advantage to anyone who choses a lower difficulty. You get points based on how many notes you hit and you have way more notes, thus giving you a clear cut advantage. I'm an amateur at this game and just play on Medium, it may be unfair but it is apart of the game.

TwistedFate
11-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Try Pro-Face Off then, you have a steep advantage to anyone who choses a lower difficulty. You get points based on how many notes you hit and you have way more notes, thus giving you a clear cut advantage.

Pro Face-Off requires you to play the same difficulty. You may be thinking of standard Face-Off.