PDA

View Full Version : hendrix reborn?

Random Guy5930
10-31-2007, 09:41 AM
i beat the game left handed and right handed. is it glitched or something?

Valkynaz
10-31-2007, 01:41 PM
I think you have to complete Career w/ Lefty Flip on.

Dr Buttcrack
10-31-2007, 01:46 PM
Ouch........

Valkynaz
10-31-2007, 01:58 PM
I might be wrong though... I hope. If it is true, just play Career on Easy.

shftleft
10-31-2007, 02:00 PM
Yep, you have to play through the whole career on lefty, just play through on Easy with lefty flip on. It's more annoying and time consuming than anything else.

I also recommend creating a new band to track your progress, otherwise if you replay songs you may lose track and not know which ones to complete.

armysoldier13
10-31-2007, 06:52 PM
i played through all of easy career on lefty flip. no ach.

i googled for forums talking about it and someone on another board said you have to beat the same difficulty career both ways..... so now i have to play easy again regularly

shftleft
10-31-2007, 07:40 PM
Gotta play easy anyway to get the 2 ach's associated with it.

Death Buster 9
10-31-2007, 08:05 PM
Ok so I'm reading that some are saying you have to play same difficulty twice (lefty and regular) to get it. Then others are saying you can beat any career regularly then do another on lefty. Which one actually works? Cause I beat it on Medium normally and now I'm doing Easy with lefty on. I'd hate to have to do easy twice as that's pretty boring.

bplayak
10-31-2007, 08:21 PM
I personally first beat the tour on medium. Then for my second play through of career I put lefty flip on then entered the easy career. I was a little worried about this so I just made sure I didn't turn my game off. It's about 4 hours of music to play through to beat the easy tour. I beat the easy tour with left flip on and the achievement did in fact unlock. If anyone is having trouble, I'd just suggest running through the entire easy career with xbox on the entire time. Also, I did use the same band. That may have something to do with it as well.

KingGotenW
10-31-2007, 08:57 PM
#1 look in a mirror and play normally on medium.
#2 this game is LOADED with flaws and glitchs which hopefully redoctane is working on...

TheWillMachine
11-02-2007, 06:29 AM
I beat the game on Hard with Righty. I then just beat the game on easy with Lefty flip and I didn't get the achievement. I think it has to be in the same career but I'm hoping someone can confirm that.

Valkynaz
11-02-2007, 06:33 AM
#1 look in a mirror and play normally on medium.

Crude, yet effective.

Bravo
11-02-2007, 07:16 AM
well I just beat the defaults on a already beating difficulty and didnt get nothing, I then beat the other songs included which know means i beat all 42 songs and re-battled Lou and still no achievement... grrr

I started another band and going to see what happends, I'll update with w/e happens

Random Guy5930
11-02-2007, 07:56 AM
im left handed.......i beat the career on hard left handed....then i beat it on easy right handed.....nothing....those douches

Demon Ninja
11-02-2007, 08:24 AM
Wasn't glitched for me. I beat it on hard with regular setings and then switched to lefty flip and beat the easy career. It was on the same band and everything.

Bravo
11-02-2007, 12:09 PM
I got it! I made a new band and play only the defaults required to move to the next tier and I got it after I beat Lou :)

frozenfire12
11-03-2007, 06:34 AM
so do you have to do all 42 songs or can you just do the 3/4 per set list then the encore if your on easy?

TheLazyWolf
11-03-2007, 06:45 AM
I got this achievement by completing the game on hard right handed. The next day i played on easy, only beating the 3 songs required to move on, all in one sitting, and got the achievement.

Swished
11-03-2007, 09:42 AM
I got this achievement by completing the game on hard right handed. The next day i played on easy, only beating the 3 songs required to move on, all in one sitting, and got the achievement.

Thanks, now i'll be able to tell me friend his achievement is glitched...

Death Buster 9
11-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Even though I had lefty on the ENTIRE time for easy, I guess I'll start a new band and just do easy again. It's nice to know you only have to do the requirements though.

Aksh0le
11-03-2007, 05:51 PM
I just played all of easy in one sitting with lefty flip on, beat only the required songs until I beat lou. then...no achievement. I'm so mad right now.

for the record I've already beat medium normally, that's why I assumed I would get this for beating all of easy on lefty.

bakardi boy
11-03-2007, 06:45 PM
the way it works is you have to beat one mode on right flip, for example (hard) and then another one on left flip, example (easy). if you play one of the songs on right flip that isint the same one on the left. like say you play it on left easy mode and the last song you decide to play right flip. it will cancel the achevement. now if you played atleast one song on right on all difficultys then finish one of the carrers and start a new band. it will still count because it is not a band achievement it is a profile achievement. so just play on easy with left flip and make sure none of them are on right or you start all over. and you dont have to play all the songs just the ones to finish the carrer.

Dr Buttcrack
11-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Here's my guess at why people aren't unlocking it. If you turn on Lefty Flip from the main menu and play through it all at once, you're gonna get it. If you take a break, and when signing back on, turn lefty flip on in the in song menu rather than the game menu, then you've probably disactivated it or something like that. Just my guess. I started last night, and I'm gonna be done in another hour or two, so I'll let you guys know if it worked for me. If you even click on your career file without having lefty flip on, then that may cancel it out.

Edit: Yup, just got it right after Easy Rider, before the credits and TtFaF :)

bakardi boy
11-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Here's my guess at why people aren't unlocking it. If you turn on Lefty Flip from the main menu and play through it all at once, you're gonna get it. If you take a break, and when signing back on, turn lefty flip on in the in song menu rather than the game menu, then you've probably disactivated it or something like that. Just my guess. I started last night, and I'm gonna be done in another hour or two, so I'll let you guys know if it worked for me. If you even click on your career file without having lefty flip on, then that may cancel it out.

Edit: Yup, just got it right after Easy Rider, before the credits and TtFaF :)

well i took a 3 day break and still got it

VGA Dark Mac
11-03-2007, 10:17 PM
I got it, I just went through the entire Career in one sitting with Lefty Flip on and got the achievement. Of course it helped that I played GH II with a cast on and had to use Lefty Flip but I don't recommend busting up your hand in order to get it. Just put it on Easy and make a new band and you should be good, try doing it in one sitting if you can. Do the minimum amount of songs, don't bother with the one extra for each tier.

Maka
11-04-2007, 12:20 AM

Same "Band"?

frozenfire12
11-04-2007, 12:26 AM
i beat medium regularly every song
did the bare minimum on easy with lefty flip same band (2 sittings no play in between)

no achievement :( gonna try finishing every song lefty on easy then if that doesn't work ill 5 star everything on easy right way

ixnay37
11-04-2007, 05:37 AM
I got it by beating it on hard right-handed and then going through it on easy left-handed.

A few notes:

I did it in multiple sittings
I used the same band for both difficulties
I only turned on Lefty Flip from the main menu options screen
I only beat 3/4 songs in each tier before moving on

Sweet666Kraven
11-04-2007, 05:48 AM
I can't wait to get this game. I'm actually ambidextrous so I can play either with ease, however I am still playing guitar hero at the moment and I far prefer the game with lefty flip on, as I'm more left handed than right. I'm looking forward to getting this achievement, I'll probably beat it on on expert for it hehe.