PDA

View Full Version : A very helpful tip for Raining Blood

D4rk Ac3s
11-01-2007, 06:57 PM
I have all Guitar Hero games, and I think the WORST POSSIBLE song has to be Raining Blood out of all three games. I just can't stand the song. It has no beat, if you screw up one note your basically boned. My confession is truly that I failed the song on EASY. Yes, I did....Last night I was going crazy to 5* RB. I found a good tactic.

Put your band music down to 0.

I cannot explain how much I hate the DRUMS!!! Their sound drains out my guitar sound, so I can't hear me play! When I put my band to 0 last night, I noticed a great difference. Normally on Medium I would score 95k-100k, but with 0, I got 120k-125k. I believe the 5* cutoff was 126-130k or something.

Anyways, if your ever stuck on this song, put the band to 0, or maybe even the FX. I never tried that.

Anyways, here is my tip for beating/5*-ing the WORSE song ever on GH3.

Thanks, and rock on guys:rock

EDIT: I know that some people are worked up because they either are mad at me or like the song. I'm only saying that I'm expressing my opinion. I really hate the song. You can't bash me for that because I'm not bashing the song myself.

:boom RAINING BLOOD by SLAYER

nosajeel99
11-01-2007, 07:09 PM
I have to agree with you. Maybe not the worst song ever in a GH game, but not a great one... and I think it has less to do with the game and more with the song. There is a "chorus" in it, but it happens 3/4 the way through the song and happens just the one time. Bane of my existence.

Anyways, I will try your tip since there is no rhythm or pattern to the song...

Valkynaz
11-01-2007, 07:12 PM
'Mosh 1' is the only hard part in the song basically. If you save the 2 star power phrases you get before entering the scales, you'll have a good chance of beating the song.

D4rk Ac3s
11-01-2007, 07:13 PM
Great guys, I'll edit my first post with tips from you guys.

jacob456
11-01-2007, 07:18 PM
I have all Guitar Hero games, and I think the WORST POSSIBLE song has to be Raining Blood out of all three games.

You think it's worse than "Yes we can" in GH2?!

blackhandgang
11-01-2007, 07:20 PM
I will try this out the next time i get on GH3. That song has it's boot firmly up my ass and i will do anthing to get it out. And I was failing on easy too :eek:

D4rk Ac3s
11-01-2007, 07:26 PM
You think it's worse than "Yes we can" in GH2?!

Yes actually. I would much rather play a song with crappy lyrics than a song with a crappy beat.

ClutchPapi34
11-01-2007, 08:15 PM
i hate raining blood.

jacob456
11-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Yes actually. I would much rather play a song with crappy lyrics than a song with a crappy beat.

Good point actually. At least "Yes we can" is an easy FC I guess ;).

Krueger
11-01-2007, 08:24 PM
slayer is not a good band with song is hard and sucky

Tussell
11-02-2007, 12:26 AM
Does Slayer scare you?

\m/

RHopkins
11-02-2007, 01:27 AM
I finally got through mosh 1 without the need of starpower, only thing I can say is practice the speed of the hopo's. Once you can hit the set of 4 notes on consistant basis, start trying the slide to hit the sets of 2. Finally throw in the practice of adding the chords jammed in the middle. I went from failing at mosh 1 with star power to not needing it in one day.

Send a friend request (GT= RHopkins) with a message saying you are from here and I'll try giving more advice if possible.

Goodluck, this is a tough song! Rock on!
RHopkins

Distilled84
11-02-2007, 01:38 AM
Thanks for the tip, this is the only song I have not five starred in the easy career (haven't even gotten 4 in 3 or 4 attempts) and I'm sure I will have trouble with it when I get to the final tier of medium. I will give this a try and hopefully get through it more easily.

D4rk Ac3s
11-02-2007, 02:07 AM
I'm glad my tip is working guys. :woop:

ThtPepsiNagger
11-02-2007, 03:01 AM
raining blood is one of my favorite songs of all time. so screw you all who dont like it. but i will use that tip to beat raining blood. worst song on gh3 is that song by sonic youth where the chick sounds like a dude. that or La Grange!

D4rk Ac3s
11-02-2007, 03:04 AM
raining blood is one of my favorite songs of all time. so screw you all who dont like it. but i will use that tip to beat raining blood. worst song on gh3 is that song by sonic youth where the chick sounds like a dude. that or La Grange!

I'm not starting a fight, or flaming you, but what makes the song so appealing to you? I would like an imput from a guy who likes the song

Distilled84
11-02-2007, 03:06 AM

La Grange only sucks because it is such a horrible horrible cover.

ThtPepsiNagger
11-02-2007, 03:11 AM
well it might not be appealing to you cause well im a fan of all metal. i went and saw slayer live when they did the unholy alliance tour and i was fucking speachless when they started playing that. with the fake blood raining down on kerry king as he played that solo was just amazing. Kerry King is one of the best heavy metal guitarist of all time and thats no lie. thats why i love that song so much.

and sorry but la grange sucks period. maybe its cause i hear that song like 4 times a night 3 days a week when my dad has band practice. could that be?

D4rk Ac3s
11-02-2007, 03:17 AM
Well, your dad's in a band, so I guess I see why you have a taste for ALL metal. I'm not a huge fan, but metal's OK now and then.

Thanks so much for your opinion

ThtPepsiNagger
11-02-2007, 03:19 AM
yeah me, and my bro play in bands together and we play all metal so i got taste from ac/cd - iron maiden - slayer

and my dad does the bar band thing, you know, goes on stage, plays 3 sets of songs, makes 250 a night. its a living

D4rk Ac3s
11-02-2007, 03:20 AM
Sounds cool :rock

Anyways, back on topic please =D

Valkynaz
11-02-2007, 06:17 AM
worst song on gh3 is that song by sonic youth where the chick sounds like a dude. that or La Grange!

La Grange? Are you kidding me? ZZ Top is awesome. Billy Gibbons, Dusty Hill and Frank Beard are amazing.

babyfarmer
11-02-2007, 06:30 AM
Slayer rules, this song is NOT that hard, "Mosh 1" is the only hard part about it, I failed my first time on hard because I wasn't ready for how crazy it was, but I did 4* it on my 2nd try, and 5* not too long after that. I love hearing the groans when I pick this as my song on pro-face off. No one has beaten me on it yet.

Demology
11-02-2007, 05:04 PM
slayer is definitely one of the greatest bands of all time, so 90% of you kids have no idea what you are talking about. and just because you suck at playing the song does not mean that there is not a beat to it. if you really think that slayer sucks then you need to get a clue about music and stop listening to fall out boy. the one thing they could of done without in this game are all the punk rock songs. they are so easy and are some of the crappiest songs i've ever heard in my life. such as anarchy in the u.k., that sonic youth song, story of my life, and that killers song. complete garbage.

CJ14
11-02-2007, 05:13 PM
Good Song= Yes
Hard Song= Yes

this was the only song that didnt take me more than a couple tries to 5* on expert, i found that using the first SP right away and then trying to get 4 SP phrases for the constant chord part towards the end got me a good enough score to eventually get the 5*. i also practiced some of the different parts individually mainly the ones where i used the SP or needed to get SP

shiningcheese
11-02-2007, 05:50 PM
The song itself does not suck. The song as a Guitar Hero song sucks. It just seems like the guitar (on expert) doesn't go along with the note chart (or viceversa). I had 5* all songs except "One" (but i beat it) but I can't get past that damn mosh part of the song. I even practiced it on slower speeds and back up to normal speed and I can't get the rhythm down. I might just try with a wired controller because the wireless seems to not register notes every once in a while. I played the song in its entirety (in practice mode) and the Mosh part is the only killer. If I could just get past it.... Seems like the "blue note of freedom" in Jordan from gh2.

Rabid Piranha
11-02-2007, 06:28 PM
Here's a tip on expert that you may not have noticed.

When mosh1 comes up, slide your hand to the second position. Roll your fingers up for the first four O,B,Y,R
B,Y,R,G and then I noticed.....they start to get spaced closer. (this is the key to beating mosh1 without start power) when you notice this spacing, speed up your rolls and your pretty much in the clear.

After discovering this, in practice I went from 38% notes hit to 85-86%. Hope this helps
(what happens if you don't notice that space is your timing is off and by the time you recover, you fail the song)

ThtPepsiNagger
11-02-2007, 06:50 PM
slayer is definitely one of the greatest bands of all time, so 90% of you kids have no idea what you are talking about. and just because you suck at playing the song does not mean that there is not a beat to it. if you really think that slayer sucks then you need to get a clue about music and stop listening to fall out boy. the one thing they could of done without in this game are all the punk rock songs. they are so easy and are some of the crappiest songs i've ever heard in my life. such as anarchy in the u.k., that sonic youth song, story of my life, and that killers song. complete garbage.

finally someone who knows what they are talking about!
I LOVE YOU!

Valkynaz
11-02-2007, 07:01 PM
They should put 'Angel of Death' in GHIII as DLC and some Pantera.

jqtaxpayer
11-02-2007, 07:35 PM
I'm not a Slayer fan in the least... and I listened to a lot of stuff back in that time period (older brother and sister with penchants for bands like Metallica, Maiden, etc) so I'm not just a douche that listens to Disturbed instead of... y'know... music.

That being said, I can't agree that this is the worst song in the series. It's hard to pick one, what with My Chemical Romance being in it.

I'll also say that the Dragonforce song might be the gayest fucking thing I've ever heard... and I'm not saying that because it's hard. It IS hard and it's really my bane while playing online (not that I'm so great at the game to begin with despite formal training in guitar and bass that DOESN'T HELP)... but Dragonforce is really super-gay. I don't know WHERE this band comes from -- I'll assume San Francisco or Greece or something -- but they gain the dubious distinction of being possibly the gayest fucking thing I've ever heard. Thanks for listening.

blackhandgang
11-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Guys, come on, this is a post about trying to help others get past a difficult song on a musical video game. Not a "may fovorite band is better than yours" pissing contest. Because unless you can provide a musical theory basis for why any band sucks, it's all just opinions. I love slayer, but this song is hard for me to get past. There are quiet a few songs on II and III that don't translate well into the game. This song is one of them. So just stop this, it's really annoying and pathetic to watch you guys tried to fight over who's a good band or not. It's not going to change the game as is.

KingGotenW
11-02-2007, 09:53 PM
yea i hate when the stupid drums are louder than my guitar....

I N64 I StarFox
11-03-2007, 07:16 PM
This song is amazing.
Its really just your fault.
For having no rythem at all.
Fuck You.
Slayer666.

ArneZ
11-03-2007, 07:27 PM
whoa, your my worst enemy.lol
I think Slayers "Raining Blood" is the best song in all the three GH games.
Thrash til Death!

Valkynaz
11-03-2007, 07:32 PM
:offtopic:

jorGe62990
11-03-2007, 09:00 PM
so yeah this song is really giving me troubles...im consistently getting 97% notes hit and around 120,000 points on medium and it won't budge...does anyone know the cutoff for 5*???

Aksh0le
11-03-2007, 09:27 PM
on scorehero the people under 124,000 have only four stars. so you're close keep on trying, aim for 124,000 and up :)

Valkynaz
11-03-2007, 10:07 PM
^ I think it's around 230, 000.

Mr Hey
11-03-2007, 10:34 PM
One of the last few left to 5* on hard :mad:
Good tip, Ill try it out when I play next. Slayer sucks and so does this song. Stop feuding over your favorite bands; theres enough threads on those already.

Harb
11-03-2007, 11:02 PM

Angel of Death and Dead Skin Mask are my favorite Slayer tracks, but I wouldn't count on them including a track that has lyrics dealing with the holocaust :)

Valkynaz
11-04-2007, 04:01 AM
^ A man can dream.....a man can dream...

Anyway, my friend got like 230,000(somewhere close around there) points on Raining Blood and his multiplier was exactly 2.8. Needless to say, he barely passed it w/ 5 stars.

D4rk Ac3s
11-04-2007, 04:19 AM
Guys I've been gone for a day, and this is what I get? Off topic..people please I'm not bashing the band it's just s really hard song to pass. I dunno if it's a cover or anything, but I think that it's horrible, and you can't bash me for my opinion.

Case CLOSED. If your gonna get off-topic, get the hell outta my thread.

Back on topic, please.

jorGe62990
11-04-2007, 05:05 AM
YES! just passed with 131,000 points, thanks for all the help guys

Fire Mage
11-04-2007, 06:28 AM
Argh, screw this song! I've been trying to 5* it for ages. I never get over 205k or so.

But tonight, I used this tip and started doing better...And lo and behold I got up to 225k...then failed.

I NEVER EVER fail the song's ending (insane part) but I did when I had the score I needed.

This song is out to keep me at 4*s.

Valkynaz
11-04-2007, 06:43 AM
Argh, screw this song! I've been trying to 5* it for ages. I never get over 205k or so.

But tonight, I used this tip and started doing better...And lo and behold I got up to 225k...then failed.

I NEVER EVER fail the song's ending (insane part) but I did when I had the score I needed.

You are talking about Raining Blood, right? I ask this b/c if you get 205, 000+ points on it you should definitely get 5 stars.

---
Edit: Nvm. I put in the wrong score. It's supposed to be 230, 000.

Who128
11-04-2007, 07:00 AM
i hate raining blood.

Who doesn't hate Raining Blood?

Fire Mage
11-04-2007, 07:04 AM
You are talking about Raining Blood, right? I ask this b/c if you get 205, 000+ points on it you should definitely get 5 stars.
My best I just got tonight was 216k. I got 4 stars.

Everyone says the cutoff is about 227k.

Also you know I mean Expert right?

Demology
11-05-2007, 04:34 PM
hey just to let everyone know, i looked at the tabs for the song and mosh 1 is the same on the actual guitar. impossible to play on guitar as well.

Valkynaz
11-05-2007, 06:39 PM
My best I just got tonight was 216k. I got 4 stars.

Everyone says the cutoff is about 227k.

Also you know I mean Expert right?

I'm sorry. I meant to say 230,000 points.

Gorjira
11-05-2007, 06:51 PM
I love listening to slayer songs. This wont effect me in any way what so ever...When I get the game.

InSoMnIaC_190
11-05-2007, 09:40 PM

Would be cool to have Pantera on GH3 but I won't get my hopes up. Although it would be awesome since one of Axels costumes make him look like dimebag lol.

evilman1000
11-05-2007, 10:13 PM
now i havent played guitar hero 3 yet as it isnt out in the uk yet
but slayer are not a shit band
ive seen them live numerous times
and when uve in the middle of a circle pit moshing to raining bloog or any slayer song
the beat of the drums and thrashin guitar keep u going and make u go go crazy
so if u dont like the song play it once get ur achievment and leave it
!!!!!!SLAYER RULE, TRUE GODS!!!!!!!

VGA Dark Mac
11-05-2007, 10:21 PM
Turning down the band audio does work, I've used it myself. I failed the song because I haven't practiced it that much but I hit many more notes than with the band audio on.

ThtPepsiNagger
11-05-2007, 10:52 PM
you know i thought this was a cool thread. its people talking about slayer! you have to expect some off topic conversations about slayer in a topic that involves slayer. Dark your being way too drastic. people got the information they need and your just being unreasonable saying "IF YOU GET OFF TOPIC GET OUT OF MY THREAD!" well sir ill get out of your thread but just realized how you piss people off when you say shit like that and you arnt that special of a person to be bashing people for making an off topic statement about slayer. just piss off!

chasedabigbase
11-05-2007, 11:04 PM
it beat it five stars my first try but that's just me xp

Fire Mage
11-05-2007, 11:39 PM
it beat it five stars my first try but that's just me xp
On Expert?

And yes I just 5*ed it on Expert, my last song to 5*! :woop:

Now just gotta work on other achievements, like the lower difficulties.

glasstiger50
11-06-2007, 12:42 AM
finally someone who knows what they are talking about!
I LOVE YOU!

You both know what you're talking about! I LOVE YOU!

To everyone hatin' on Slayer...wow. Slayer is one of the "Big Four" of thrash metal, along with Metallica, Anthrax, and Megadeth. Slayer cannot be bad if they are among the ranks of these bands. They are one of the greatest metal bands of all time.

Illution
11-06-2007, 02:06 AM
Thanks for the tip dude it helped me pass this song on hard... now on to 5* it... which is going to be a pain in the ass...

D4rk Ac3s
11-06-2007, 03:07 AM
you know i thought this was a cool thread. its people talking about slayer! you have to expect some off topic conversations about slayer in a topic that involves slayer. Dark your being way too drastic. people got the information they need and your just being unreasonable saying "IF YOU GET OFF TOPIC GET OUT OF MY THREAD!" well sir ill get out of your thread but just realized how you piss people off when you say shit like that and you arnt that special of a person to be bashing people for making an off topic statement about slayer. just piss off!

Umm I think I have a right to tell people to stay on topic on my thread.

Valkynaz
11-06-2007, 05:45 AM
Would be cool to have Pantera on GH3 but I won't get my hopes up. Although it would be awesome since one of Axels costumes make him look like dimebag lol.

Yeah, I would love it if "Cowboys from Hell" was in there, along w/ "Symphony of Destruction" from Guitar Hero. Those songs were so much fun to play.

blackhandgang
11-06-2007, 08:03 AM
argh! The tricked helpped a lot, but I'm still messing up on the chorus. I just need to nail that to get 5*

Why god why?!