PDA

View Full Version : Bring back Song of the Week!!!!

shiningcheese
11-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Ok, i searched the forums in Guitar Hero 3 and I didn't see it. I say we should bring back Song of the Week for guitar Hero 3 since we exhausted many songs in the GH2 catalog. Plus its helps to provide a fresh start on newer songs that haven't been universally mastered.... Yet. I would hate to try and steal the idea, I just think we should bring it back. I couldn't do it because of my unpredictable, busy schedule, plus I suck at making sigs or making up cool prizes for the winner.

I vote for having the updated rules from the latest SotW's to where there will be a set song and there will be a winner from each difficulty (except maybe easy. Some of you NEWBs have to step it up :-D) I will have a simple poll up. Choose a "No" or "yes", but there are 3 different yes's depending on what you want to go with. I hope SotW makes a comeback!!!

*EDIT*
I just realized some of you might be new to x360a or GH so here is a sample of a SotW. You can look over the rules and see how it is:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41114

Crimsonthrone
11-02-2007, 06:28 PM
This is a good idea

i would enter once my copy arrives :mad: at ebay shops

Maka
11-02-2007, 06:49 PM
It should be brought back, along with the x360a high scores thread.

CJ14
11-02-2007, 07:54 PM
i was never a big fan of the 3 winners, but regardless of what format is used, i think the rule i suggested that was accepted but never put into effect where the previous weeks winners must play in a higher difficulty the following week and cannot win one of the lower difficulties two weeks in a row should be used

Birky
11-02-2007, 11:55 PM
Well I would start this up again if I know that a lot of people will participate. When I tried taking over for Slormer in GHII it didn't work out so well. Also I would need someone to make the badges for the sigs since I failed at that as well. I really like your idea CJ, I originally meant to incorporate it when I took over but did my first one in a hurry and forgot about it. If you guys want me to try this with GHIII just post here, or if you want someone else to do it say that too. Don't worry, my feelings won't be hurt. So if it gets enough support I would be glad to start it back up.

JamesSoprano
11-03-2007, 12:15 PM
This is a pretty cool idea .. i'm new to GH but the only thing stopping me is my console is at microsoft and they just got it yesterday so now i have to wait 4 Weeks tops for the system to get back here ( mean while it only took 2 days to be shipped here and back )

anyways ... i just need to practise and such and i'l look out and see if this SOTW kicks off so i can join when i get the 360 back ... oh um is their a place where i would have to sign up each week or just sign up one all together or ?

OldWIKI TIK
11-03-2007, 04:55 PM
i was never a big fan of the 3 winners, but regardless of what format is used, i think the rule i suggested that was accepted but never put into effect where the previous weeks winners must play in a higher difficulty the following week and cannot win one of the lower difficulties two weeks in a row should be used

I would participate again. I like CJ's rules and i applaude birky for at least trying to keep SoTW going in GH2. I am relativly new to X360a and got a late start on the last one.:drunk

Brighton X
11-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Well I would start this up again if I know that a lot of people will participate. When I tried taking over for Slormer in GHII it didn't work out so well. Also I would need someone to make the badges for the sigs since I failed at that as well. I really like your idea CJ, I originally meant to incorporate it when I took over but did my first one in a hurry and forgot about it. If you guys want me to try this with GHIII just post here, or if you want someone else to do it say that too. Don't worry, my feelings won't be hurt. So if it gets enough support I would be glad to start it back up.

Birky, I'll make the badges for you if you want to do this again.

Fire Mage
11-03-2007, 06:22 PM
I meant to choose the top option, I read it wrong. Haha.

But yes bring it back!

OldWIKI TIK
11-03-2007, 06:29 PM
http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/PaulP1976/?action=view&current=X360A-BADGE.gif

Maybe fonts are too plain. :(

Crimsonthrone
11-03-2007, 06:46 PM
http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/PaulP1976/?action=view&current=X360A-BADGE.gif

Maybe fonts are too plain. :(

I like it but the fonts could be a bit better

Swished
11-03-2007, 07:00 PM
Have 2 winners easy/medium, hard/expert.

OldWIKI TIK
11-03-2007, 07:11 PM
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/PaulP1976/X360ABADGE.jpg

Stars would be for multiple weeks of winning in a row like slormer did.

shiningcheese
11-04-2007, 12:44 AM
I wonder if it makes a comeback if we could have a mini contest on who could make the sigs for the winner? I know its kinda cheesy and it would get old but maybe we could have multiple winners and have different "special" sigs for each song. I really don't care I just want it to some back. I just hope my camera will be working by the time we start it b/c Im ready to photograph the newspaper and get rockin'.

JamesSoprano
11-04-2007, 12:48 PM
thank god for my webcam then i wouldn't be able to participate

shiningcheese
11-05-2007, 06:51 PM
*Bump* (I know its cheap, but I just want every one to see and vote)

thejokell
11-05-2007, 06:55 PM
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/PaulP1976/X360ABADGE.jpg

Stars would be for multiple weeks of winning in a row like slormer did.

I'd definitely be in for this.

Also, those badges are HUGE. I can come up with something more like the original tonight after work.