PDA

View Full Version : The Orange Button Transition

KingGotenW
11-04-2007, 04:21 AM
Yes ladies and gentlemen its that time of year again! The time when someones posts about having difficulties adjusting to hard difficulty.

Anyways... im sure alot of people are curious how to adjust yourself to the orange button. Well im one of those people.:eek:

Any tips or suggestions about where to place the fingers or what finger to use to hit the orange button would be appreciated.

Yes i know it sounds really stupid... im not too proud to have to ask this but im stuck on tier 1 on hard.

So nay ideas or pointer would be nice.

Pyroman31
11-04-2007, 04:25 AM
When I first bought GH2 I couldn't adjust to the orange button. It took me some weeks to go from medium to hard but look at me now. I can 5 star pretty much all songs on expert...damn you last tier...

Suggestion: Play medium and beat it. Maybe 5 star all songs to help you. Then just begin working on hard. Just alternate your pinkie on blue and orange.

Illution
11-04-2007, 04:30 AM
Yeah on hard you can just use your pinkie for blue and orange. But once it gets further down you have to slide your hand. I suggest to just beat every song on medium and 5 star them, then you can go to hard and try and 5 star all of those. That's what I did...

antnie
11-04-2007, 04:49 AM
i clikd the wrong one i am the one who i the fisrt one.

KingGotenW
11-04-2007, 04:51 AM
i clikd the wrong one i am the one who i the fisrt one.

what????? do you mean u voted for medium when you meant to vote for hard?

Siznut
11-04-2007, 06:05 AM
is this a joke? of course going from medium to hard is going to be harder i honestly started at medium so i cant really say but if you think about what would be harder 3 -4 or 4-5

RHopkins
11-04-2007, 11:57 AM
Get in the habit of playing with you fingers over red, yellow, blue and orange. Index on red, etc...

To get used to this, play through easy (using index for green and red notes, and middle finger for yellow notes). Once you are comfortable with using your index finger for the green and red notes, more up to medium and add your ring finger on blue. Still stay with the above position. After you can get that down, move up to hard and you should see a big jump in your skill level in hitting the orange button (just bring your pinky down on orange).

I honestly can not play with index over green anymore, feels wierd. Hope this helps someone.

RHopkins

KingGotenW
11-04-2007, 07:30 PM
some of these suggestions look pretty good. when i get on later i'll be sure to try them out

glasstiger50
11-04-2007, 08:42 PM
:uzi:Why is this even a thread? Of course going from Medium to Hard is going to be harder. You have a faster moving notechart, you have one more button, and you have more notes to play. Going from Easy to Medium, you just have....the blue button added. Wow, the blue button. Oh no!

TwistedFate
11-04-2007, 09:20 PM
:uzi:Why is this even a thread? Of course going from Medium to Hard is going to be harder. You have a faster moving notechart, you have one more button, and you have more notes to play. Going from Easy to Medium, you just have....the blue button added. Wow, the blue button. Oh no!

Your logic doesn't hold here. Going from easy to medium adds one more button, has more notes to play, and a faster moving notechart. In addition going from easy to medium adds another finger, where going from medium does not.

That being said, going from medium to hard was harder for me.

KingGotenW
11-04-2007, 10:08 PM

going from easy to medium may be harder for 1st time guitarists

i just wanted to see if anyone actually thought easy-medium was a harder adjustment becuz they hadnt played before.

p.s. i just love being flamed, dont you?

edit: and this thread isnt about whats harder, its about advice on going from medium to hard

Maka
11-05-2007, 12:03 AM
I personally picked that going from Easy to Medium is harder than from medium to hard. I remember when I first played Gh2, and beat easy, and went on my way to medium. I could not hit a blue button if my life depended on it.

Now that I've played the game enough, its easy, and I found the transition to orange easier than getting use to blue.

glasstiger50
11-05-2007, 01:25 AM
Going from easy to medium adds one more button, has more notes to play, and a faster moving notechart. In addition going from easy to medium adds another finger, where going from medium does not.

Medium does not give you a faster notechart than easy. Easy and Medium have the same speed and Hard and Expert have the same speed. And up there, you said added a button and adds another finger, which is the same thing in this case (Blue button = Pinky finger).

I'm not flaming, it may sound like it, but I'm not. I just tend to be very straightforward, and people might mistake that for flaming.

TwistedFate
11-05-2007, 02:13 AM
MAnd up there, you said added a button and adds another finger, which is the same thing in this case (Blue button = Pinky finger).

It's not the same thing at all. I can play Medium using just 3 fingers, but the blue notes don't just disappear when I do that. Going from 3 fingers to 4 fingers gives you a new finger to think about AND a new button to watch for. Beginning players often miss the blue notes because they aren't tuned in to using the pinky yet. It's because of the addition of the blue button that you have to add in the fourth finger.