PDA

View Full Version : GH III Too Hard?

VGA Dark Mac
11-04-2007, 03:36 PM
Well after playing through most of the Career mode on Medium I'm stuck. I've been trying to get past One by Metallica and it's just not happening. I played GH II and didn't have this much trouble with Medium. I think this game is just way too hard, it's going to put some people off. I can't imagine how Expert is if I can't handle Medium. It's to the point where it's no longer fun, just frustrating.

P.S. I know it's kinda pathetic I'm having trouble with Medium, I didn't play the first GH game much but did get the second and got past Hard difficulty but couldn't get anything above 3 stars.

KenGHarrison
11-04-2007, 03:45 PM
I really think a lot of this has to do with poor construction of the notes for a lot of the songs. I was onto the last tier of Expert in GH2, and I'm currently playing through Hard on GH3 and I'm finding some songs are an easy five-star but others are a big stretch to get four.

The ones that are very difficult though, have either parts or the entire song where the notes seem almost arbitrary -- one long note turns into a myriad of reds, blues, and oranges. And don't even get me started on the hammer-ons and pull-offs that make almost no sense in GH3. How is it that there's a red hammer-on right after a red note? I can just hold down the red button and hit them both at separate times?

It just seems like the musicality aspect of the game has really suffered.

Tussell
11-04-2007, 03:50 PM
I actually think it's much easier than the other games.

I've never played the second one, but beat every difficulty on Guitar Hero 2, and don't really care about Guitar Hero 3 much. I just play it online since I just beat it on Medium.

Maybe it's just a new learning curve for some poeple, but I've been seeing a lot of people say it's harder, but I experience little to no change in difficulty.

VGA Dark Mac
11-04-2007, 03:57 PM
You're 100% right Ken, the notes are just arbitrarily placed in very weird spots. I find myself saying WTF to some of the arrangements they've come up with for songs. GH II was my first real introduction and I did notice a small increase in difficulty from what little experience I had with GH I but the learning curve for III is VERY steep in my opinion.

Vista
11-04-2007, 04:28 PM
I fond it is easier than GH II... some people agree, some disagree...

Swished
11-04-2007, 04:44 PM
I found the demo to be easier, thus it was only 5 songs.

Birky
11-04-2007, 04:51 PM
If you think it is hard then practice and get better. I really enjoy how hard it is, it is a challenge. I will say though, it is much harder then GHII.

Glyndinn
11-04-2007, 05:42 PM
I'm pretty happy with the challenge so far. I'm especially happy that medium is tougher, because it gives my girlfriend something more challenging to play (she doesn't want to move to hard :)).

CAMOUFLAGEiPOD
11-04-2007, 05:50 PM
The wireless guitar is great, some of the notes I agree are not where I would of liked them to be, darn these chubby nubs of mine. Still a great game hang in with it, its a solid game.

SaCkaveli20
11-04-2007, 05:55 PM
You just need to practice. It's mostly just because you're not used to the note charts yet.
Just keep playing, and you'll get it.

Dom2133
11-05-2007, 05:34 AM
Yeah Practice Practice Practice and i think its just right harder than GH2 but not to hard
but get ready for Raining Blood on expert for all of you not that far.

antnie
11-05-2007, 05:39 AM
Just turn the band to 0 in the options that makes songs a whole lot easier.

Slormer
11-05-2007, 06:35 AM
Ok, this is going to sound weird, but I think the note combinations/solo's are harder, but the game is still easier. Like, if you played all the songs on GH3, on the GH2 engine, you'd get your ass kicked. Playing all the songs on expert GH3, the insane solo's that look CRAZY, aren't. I find myself saying "What the hell, I shouldn't be able to be hitting all these" during the solo in Cult of Personality, but I do it. I played GH2 tonight after playing a lot of GH3, and its hard as a bitch, I found myself doing terrible on songs that I used to own. It's hard to explain, but its way easier.

Conker Rules All
11-05-2007, 06:39 AM
i have this for the wii and i think it's way easier because the buttons are way closer together which makes it easier and the guitar is smaller and the buttons tend to be slippy for sliding down the notes

VGA Dark Mac
11-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Slormer (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=6692), I agree that the game itself is easier but the arrangement of the notes is tougher. There seems to be more notes spaced farther apart than in GH II. Going from blue back to green quickly is tough, that's the problem I'm having and it's those notes that you get the majority of your star power on. I'm just having trouble going from blue to green and back.

shiningcheese
11-05-2007, 03:32 PM
Yeah, the timing window for the notes in GH3 is really lenient. I 5 starred about 95% of the songs on expert on my first playthrough. But the songs I didn't 5 star, I dont see myself ever 5 starring them (I'm looking at you Raining Blood). I know if this was the GH2 engine, I would still be cussing the Cult of Personality solo towards the end. I almost felt like I was cheating at points because I would just randomly mash certain buttons and it would give me the HO and PO like I was a badass. And for those of you who have made it this far on expert, the Devil Boss Battle is hard, but if this were GH2 it would be damn near impossible.

McCare
11-05-2007, 04:01 PM
I played up until hard on gh2 and beat it.

now im stuck on five staring Raining blood on medium for the ach.

I'm enjoyinh this game a lot but so far it seems that medium on 3 is easier than on 2.

In conclusion, fuck raining blood.

VGA Dark Mac
11-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Well it looks like my guitar made my decision for me. I was playing through One and had 97% when the buttons just stopped working. I was hitting the buttons at the right times and nothing was happening. Then all of a sudden it said "Please plug in your controller" and the thing went dead. It wont turn on and the buttons don't work at all. I've tried going through the menus before it said to plug my controller in and it still didn't work. I almost had it! I should have pulled a Jimi Hendrix and lit the guitar on fire.

Skai
11-05-2007, 08:53 PM
just wait till u beat One and go into the battle mode playing the devil went down to georgia(I can't spell leave me alone) I failed 15 times straight on hard I got an achievement doing so but it's a lot harder so be prepared. I don't agree with this being two hard GH2 was a lot harder IMO

VGA Dark Mac
11-05-2007, 08:58 PM
I got my Explorer guitar with GH II and don't have the receipt since it's been a long time since I've purchased it. Playing with a regular controller is no fun. I'll just put it on hold till I can scrape enough cash together for the wireless.

thejokell
11-05-2007, 09:49 PM
So far I've found medium to be quite a bit harder than medium in previous games. However hard seems a bit easier (and people are saying the same about expert as well).

VGA Dark Mac
11-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Isn't that a kick in the virtual nuts that my guitar goes out just as I'm about to beat a song that I've been trying to for four days? Man, I hate it when stuff like that happens, HULK SMASH!