PDA

View Full Version : First Turn-Based RPG

x McGrim x
11-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Well, I've never played a turn-based RPG before and I feel like starting out on this one. Do you think I'd like it?

Zef
11-04-2007, 05:31 PM
How does anyone know what you would like? If you don't know then play a demo, watch some gameplay videos, read reviews or rent it. If you've never played a turn based RPG then you mustn't have played a huge chunk of them.

x McGrim x
11-04-2007, 05:40 PM
How does anyone know what you would like? If you don't know then play a demo, watch some gameplay videos, read reviews or rent it. If you've never played a turn based RPG then you mustn't have played a huge chunk of them.
Sorry, I was wondering if the game would translate well to newbies of the genre. I didn't know if there was a better alternative or not.

Zef
11-04-2007, 05:43 PM
It isn't difficult to pick up on the battle system, using tactics and skills can take a while though. Getting the right combination of characters and attacks isn't so obvious unless you are a sith lord like Wreckon, but you should be able to complete it just by levelling up to extremes and tanking it.

x McGrim x
11-04-2007, 06:29 PM
It isn't difficult to pick up on the battle system, using tactics and skills can take a while though. Getting the right combination of characters and attacks isn't so obvious unless you are a sith lord like Wreckon, but you should be able to complete it just by levelling up to extremes and tanking it.
Thanks, that really helped!

Conker Rules All
11-04-2007, 06:52 PM
you should probably start with blue dragon or enternal sonata because those are 2 great turn based rpgs that will really get you into those kinds of games

killlah631
11-05-2007, 01:36 AM
At first, and I mean real initial(first 20 minutes of playing), I didn't like the system because I obviously wasn't used to it. By the end of the game, I loved it. You will get so used to it and it becomes so easy and fun to use.