PDA

View Full Version : Les Paul issue

bradman12
11-04-2007, 07:32 PM
posted this on score hero but it really works and wanna spread the joy

sorry if anyone else thought of this i couldnt find any posts on it
so its been about a week now and ive really been getting agitated by the whole 2 piece neck issue where if you seem to move it youll drop a chord or it wont recognize button pushes.
since best buys around here dont seem to carry spares for replacements ive been a sad kid with the same guitar hero 3 with a buggy guitar after 4 best buys.

what i found to have worked for me is that if someones pressing the neck in theres no lost contact and the guitar seems to work beautifully.

naturally what i thought of was using a rubber band(they tend to be popular this guitar hero version)

the Les Paul has the 2 spots for the strap and what i did was take a rubber band from the one on the neck and run it straight down to the body nut. i then place the strap over it and havent had an issue yet.
let me know if anyone has any luck with this.

*forgot to mention that to be careful in this, dont want anyone getting snapped in the eye. the amount of tension i had to use will probably break the rubber band after awhile*

MinPinz
11-04-2007, 08:11 PM
Saw the pictures you posted over on scorehero...that's a great idea. The 1st controller I got was incredibly loose, but the replacement only shifts a little...the rubber band should easily take care of it. Thanks!

Tussell
11-04-2007, 09:21 PM
Yeah, it definitely works. I gave this advice to a buddy and he said it works fine.

shiningcheese
11-04-2007, 09:46 PM
If you have any gf's around you could borrow their hair ties bc they are essentially rubber bands.... Good find, I'm about to go band that sh*t when i get home lol

bradman12
11-04-2007, 11:59 PM
well i figured instead of trying to get best buy to replace mine, and they always being out of stock. its hard to go best buy to best buy in phoenix as they are all over 10 -15 miles apart.
the best was one best buy customer service guy asked me if i even knew how to play, i told him ive 5*ed everything cept slayer on expert and asked if hed like to see me play the demo, unfortunately he declined :-)