PDA

View Full Version : Hendrix Reborn - same career

x elf
11-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Hendrix Reborn
10 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpgComplete Career Lefty and Righty

I tore something in my wrist recently just before GH3 came out and had limited use, so I dropped down to Medium mode and beat the career with no pinky (can't move it).

Then I had a great idea, how about try left handed? So I dropped down to easy mode and played through the whole thing lefty, and beat it.

No Hendrix Reborn achievement.

Do I have to beat the -same- career lefty and righty? I'm betting there's some sort of glitch where you can cheat too, but I was going for it honestly.

-elf

D4rk Ac3s
11-04-2007, 09:32 PM
Ouch. Sorry about that wrist bro.

Anyways, I witnessed my friend do Easy lefty and Medium righty and the achievement unlocked. But some other people tell me that it's glitched.....I dunno, man. If you didn't do easy or medium yet, do that on lefty. If not, start a new band and do lefty on easy

good luck

x elf
11-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Yeah was pretty bummed that it happened just before GH III arrived. Oddly enough playing has acted as Phys Therapy in a way and wrist has gotten much better. (Was able to beat TFAF on coop expert @ 70%)

As for the achievement, I'll try re-beating easy right handed. Shouldn't take long. Not sure I want to beat medium left handed. Was "neat" to beat a career lefty, but I wasn't enjoying it as much.

-elf

Tussell
11-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Yeah, I'm a bit afraid to attempt this achievement for this reason.

D4rk Ac3s
11-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Well, whatever tactic you use good luck. And hope your wrist heals before a patch comes for all these glitches:eek:

KingGotenW
11-04-2007, 10:04 PM
i already beat easy and 5 *ed all songs. right now im attempting to play lefty.

my question is do i have to play all songs? or just 3/4 and boss battles?

Tussell
11-04-2007, 10:07 PM
Wouldn't you have to play all the songs?

x elf
11-04-2007, 10:09 PM
my question is do i have to play all songs? or just 3/4 and boss battles?

Maybe that's what I missed. I "beat" career mode on easy lefty, but I didn't "complete" every song. I can go back and try the rest. I'll let you know when I'm done.

KingGotenW
11-04-2007, 10:10 PM
Wouldn't you have to play all the songs?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/393/+SlMuw==.jpgHendrix Reborn
10 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpgComplete Career Lefty and Righty

it says complete career it doesnt say anything about beating all the songs. you can beat the career w/o playing all the songs. i was just asking becuz it didnt specify

Caleb Goessling
11-05-2007, 12:21 AM
I got the Hendrix pick without a problem. For people who have a problem, I wonder where they're selecting the lefty flip option. I did easy on lefty (did not play every single song), and I never, ever looked at the easy track list without first selecting lefty flip through the main menu options.

thieflordgamer
11-05-2007, 03:40 AM
I beat career expert righty. Then, in a NEW band I played through easy (only the minimum amount of songs) lefty. By the way, I selected the lefty flip option from the options menu that is in the startup menu. I never turned lefty flip off while going for this achievement.

KingGotenW
11-05-2007, 03:56 AM
ok i just went over my easy career that i already beat. and played all songs (except for the last one in each tier) and all the boss battles and didnt get my achievment. do i have to play ALL the songs or do i have to start a new career?

KingGotenW
11-05-2007, 04:37 AM
ok im mad now! i just played through a career i had already done righty and did ALL songs and boss battles lefty and NO achievment. either i did somehting wrong or this ach is glitched...

x elf
11-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Just became a moot point for me. My xbox stopped being able to read my disk just as I was finishing the last unfinished song, when I pulled it out and looked at it there were marks on the disk. As I ordered direct from Red Octane (they shipped way late) so I can't just return it to the store quickly. They'll blame the xbox, MS will blame the disk. I swear I have no luck here. LOL. =)

Bravo
11-05-2007, 01:32 PM
ok i just went over my easy career that i already beat. and played all songs (except for the last one in each tier) and all the boss battles and didnt get my achievment. do i have to play ALL the songs or do i have to start a new career?

That's your problem, the last song in each tier are the "Encores" which HAVE to be played and passed to move to the next tier anyway What I did was make a new band and had Lefty Option turned on from the main menu. did the 3/4 and battles + encores and as soon as I beat lou boom Achievement unlocked.

KingGotenW
11-05-2007, 10:11 PM
That's your problem, the last song in each tier are the "Encores" which HAVE to be played and passed to move to the next tier anyway What I did was make a new band and had Lefty Option turned on from the main menu. did the 3/4 and battles + encores and as soon as I beat lou boom Achievement unlocked.

yes i know i just started a new band. but im so mad that i already played thru career....

Fire Mage
11-05-2007, 10:14 PM
I played through the game on Expert my first time and beat it on Righty.

After, I turned Lefty Flip on and started the career on Easy. I didn't even do it in one sitting, I turned my Xbox off at times and did it over a span of about 2 and a half days.

The only thing I did though to make sure, I never opened up the Easy career unless I had already set Lefty Flip on.

So I got the achievement.:woop:

KingGotenW
11-05-2007, 10:17 PM
I played through the game on Expert my first time and beat it on Righty.

After, I turned Lefty Flip on and started the career on Easy. I didn't even do it in one sitting, I turned my Xbox off at times and did it over a span of about 2 and a half days.

The only thing I did though to make sure, I never opened up the Easy career unless I had already set Lefty Flip on.

So I got the achievement.:woop:

yes i know this! my problem is that i didnt start a new career which im doing now. but im still mad that i did the career on lefty already

VGA Dark Mac
11-05-2007, 10:40 PM
I feel your pain man, broke my hand just 3 days after I got GH II and I couldn't use that hand for a month. After that I could only go lefty because I had a cast on and my fingers weren't free but my thumb was so I used it to strum. Talk about hardcore, playing with a cast on.

x elf
11-06-2007, 07:17 AM
There were a couple songs where I had to go to option and turn lefty flip on and restart song. Every song was played lefty flip. But there was at least a couple times where it didn't get set until I played the first song.

That probably was the difference. =/

TomTheAwesome
11-08-2007, 01:04 AM
I literally just beat all 42 songs on easy(lefty)
and i already beat all 42 songs on expert
and no achievement. I guess ill beat medium and hard on righty

KingGotenW
11-08-2007, 02:09 AM
i wish you could choose the career to be lefty so it wouldn't keep asking you to change it...

x elf
11-08-2007, 04:44 AM
Borrowed a coworkers copy so I could try more tests.

Right handed:
Medium Rare (beat medium)
Rock Guru (5* medium)
Left handed:
Easy Rider (beat easy)
Axe Grinder (5* easy)

Still no Hendrix award.

IONz
11-08-2007, 07:30 AM
well I just finished career on easy with lefty on and didn't get the achievement....I had already finished righty on hard and medium before I tried it