PDA

View Full Version : Poker Face Achievment Hint

Woden007
11-05-2007, 02:45 AM
Sorry, new to this place, couldn't figure out where the right place to submit achievment guides, so I'll do it here.

Anyway, the Draw Poker game is pretty easy and if you choose to do it in mission1 you shouldn't have a problem, but if you didn't do it there or just want an easier way to do it, wait until mission 6.

You will find a Draw Poker game in that mission, it will ALWAYS give you 2, 3 or 4 cards of a straight, just keep those and hit draw and you wiil ALWAYS get the remaining cards needed for your straight. In 2 mins you can have thousands of credits - and you only need 250 for the achievment.

Ho5tiLe D
01-03-2008, 11:20 AM
nice post, ill be playing these games in the first level to get the achievements before i continue with the campaign. if i can get a few thousand credits on draw poker then ill have many tries for the other two games.

edit - looks like ill be doing draw poker in the 6th level......

edit - it was easy, got 1000 credits on my first draw. achievement unlocked!

wubb
01-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Yeah I had the same experience. Played the machine you see later in the game (mission 6 I guess based on the OP) I kept the high card (Q of spades) on the very first hand that came up and it gave me the other 4 I needed for the royal flush. That gave me 500 credits with a 1 credit bet = achievement unlocked.

With three of us all noticing the same thing it seems like it's repeatable. Perhaps the guide should be updated?

I played blackjack when I saw the machine later in the game and won my first string of hands, but I wasn't betting it all so I didn't get the achievement there. It could be that you'd get the blackjack achievement every time by making max wagers there but I really couldn't say for sure.

ThirdeYe
02-02-2008, 07:50 AM
I ended up getting a Royal Flush on my second hand (25000 points) but I'm having a hell of a time getting the Blackjack achievement as it's more luck than anything.

Ry Fryy
02-13-2008, 12:43 AM
Worked like a charm. I ain't ever played a game of poker in my life.. so this really helped. xd