PDA

View Full Version : Closest match.

OldWIKI TIK
11-05-2007, 03:52 AM
Thought i might start a thread where you say what your closest matches have been like. I just lost a best of 3 pro face-off by 21, count-em 21 points.:mad:

bradman12
11-05-2007, 04:01 AM
i had a match on my curse where i was whooping the guy til the chord section and came back the final single note section hitting every note to win by 70

thieflordgamer
11-05-2007, 01:15 PM
I was beaten in Closer the first time I played it. Since I didn't know the song, I didn't know that I should save my star power for the 3-note chord sections. So even though I hit 100% notes and the other person hit 98%, they ended up winning.

shiningcheese
11-05-2007, 03:37 PM
I played a pro face-off on expert and the guy hosting picked that Kaiser Chiefs song. and I picked La Grange (as a warm up) I got a 500 note streak and 99% notes hit (Missed 1) on that kasier chiefs song and he got a 120 note streak and 97% notes hit and the asshat still beat me in points, wtf? And on La Grange I had a 320 note streak with 98% notes hit and he had a 115 note streak with 95% notes hit and I only beat him by a thousand points. For the tie breaker I chose FCPREMIX because I knew that he couldn't keep up with that. I smashed him on the tie breaker, but on the first two songs.... Are my star power paths that terrible that I can almost FC a song and still lose? I mean what the hell?

jacob456
11-05-2007, 04:56 PM
I know this is a little off-topic, but could someone help me out because I think I'm missing something? Online, if I were to do a face-off on expert and the other guy chose easy, are each of his notes worth more than mine? I ask because a couple of times I've been beaten by someone on easy (me on expert) even though I hit a higher percentage of notes :confused:.

Dr Buttcrack
11-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Don't play Face-Off, it sucks. Pro Face-Off requires both players to use the same difficulty.

I was playing TtFaF yesterday and we were within 5k pts the entire match, with the needle bouncing left and right. At the end, I got the last SP, and was able to use it during those chords. Beat him by 20k

jacob456
11-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Good plan. It's annoying having to keep starting and stopping the tapping on the intro, kinda throws you off a bit.

bradman12
11-05-2007, 11:13 PM
i was pretty sure on face off, if he chooses easy, then you both play on easy and if you choose expert you both play expert

Fire Mage
11-05-2007, 11:41 PM
I was on Pro Face-Off and it was a Best of 7 match.

We were pretty much equally tied, but I don't remember all the songs we chose, but I'm pretty sure TTFAF was one of them. Along with good stuff like F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. Haha.

But anyway, it was really close as we had to go all the way to the 7th song because we kept going back and forth. From memory, I lost just by about 2000 points. He was really good!