PDA

View Full Version : One way to get an Extra Les Paul Wireless Guitar

ViperxSniper
11-05-2007, 05:32 AM
For anyone else that is trying to get an extra guitar and planing on getting Rock Band, I have a suggestion. Go to Gamestop and buy a new copy of GH3 with the guitar. Then trade in the game toward Rock Band. Right now, Gamestop has Rock Band as a power trade, so you can get an extra 30% on the tradein of the game plus 10% extra if you have an edge card. I got around $45 dollars trade in credit towards rock band on the game alone.

I figured that since the Xplorer wired guitars are $60 dollars, the Les Paul wireless guitars will be about $70 when they become released separately. So doing it this way, you are getting a good deal at around $55 for the Les. Plus you can get an extra 20% trade in credit toward GH3, so it can make the deal even better.

antnie
11-05-2007, 05:44 AM
Nice. Cool that you actual thought that out. Sound like it would work

ViperxSniper
11-10-2007, 05:00 AM
If anyone is planning on doing this, the 30% extra trade in for Rock Band and the 20% extra trade in for GHIII deals both on this Sunday.

spikedzombies
11-10-2007, 07:37 AM
HATE to burst your bubble..

THE LES PAUL wont work with Rock Band..

In fact the only GH guitar that WILL work with rock band is the GH2 USB guitar.

Rock band DOES not have Wireless.. it uses a USB hub with all USB instruments.

Conker Rules All
11-10-2007, 07:47 AM
I figured that since the Xplorer wired guitars are $60 dollars, the Les Paul wireless guitars will be about $70 when they become released separately. So doing it this way, you are getting a good deal at around $55 for the Les. Plus you can get an extra 20% trade in credit toward GH3, so it can make the deal even better.

actually if you go to sams club the xplorer is 40 bucks but w/e it's which ever you like better

Illution
11-10-2007, 08:34 AM

By usb hub does that mean like something that plugs into the original port but then has like 4 others? because that'd be gay if you couldn't all play on the same xbox.. which wouldn't make sense because I saw a video on the same hahahah.... nevermind.

TwistedFate
11-10-2007, 01:17 PM

Wrong! I've played Rock Band with the Les Paul. It works just fine.

The 360 bundle does not come with the wireless because they couldn't license the wireless technology and keep the bundle the same price as the others. It does come with a USB hub so you can hook all the instruments to one 360.

The Rock Band guitar DOES NOT work with GH according to Harmonix.

Vista
11-10-2007, 01:57 PM

The 360 bundle does not come with the wireless because they couldn't license the wireless technology and keep the bundle the same price as the others. It does come with a USB hub so you can hook all the instruments to one 360.

1- Major nelson and other xbox spotlight people, even the devs have said that GH III Les Paul WILL NOT WORK WITH ROCK BAND!

2-How did you play rock band already?!?!

spikedzombies
11-10-2007, 03:59 PM
By usb hub does that mean like something that plugs into the original port but then has like 4 others? because that'd be gay if you couldn't all play on the same xbox.. which wouldn't make sense because I saw a video on the same hahahah.... nevermind.

yes its a single usb connection that plugs into your xbox 360 and gives you an extra 4 usb ports on the hub

The rock band USB hub plugs into the xbox 360 usb port but is not powered by that port.

So you plug the usb hub into your 360 and than the usb hub power into the wall.

Its not 100% Fully compatible so why bother with it?

However, here's the (understandable) catch: Both Guitar Hero II and III's guitars can be used for Rock Band, but they cannot activate any of Rock Band's special effects. On the other hand, Rock Band's Stratocaster sadly cannot be used for either Guitar Hero II or III.

TwistedFate
11-10-2007, 04:17 PM
1- Major nelson and other xbox spotlight people, even the devs have said that GH III Les Paul WILL NOT WORK WITH ROCK BAND!

2-How did you play rock band already?!?!

There are plenty of places to play the game. The Rock Band Tour trailer has the game. Best Buy also has the demo. Most of them have the Rock Band guitar for play. Mine has the wireless Les Paul. It may not support full functionality lacking the switches, but I can guarantee that it will work. I played through 3 songs with it, and watched other people play through several songs with it. It works.

Everywhere I look on the net says LP is compatible with Rock Band, but not vice versa. I cannot find one instance of anybody official saying it's not compatible. But that point is moot (to me, anyway) since I've actually seen it with my own two eyes, and played it with my own two hands.

Its not 100% Fully compatible so why bother with it?

That is different than not compatible. If you are short on cash and already have a GH guitar, you can use it to play the game until the stand alone instruments are released. It's not like the strum doesn't register or something. There are some special features that you can't activate. The game is completely playable, including Overdrive activation.

ViperxSniper
11-11-2007, 03:23 AM
This is from IGN (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/830/830759p1.html)

"The Guitar Hero 2 Xplorer controller works with everything. We tried it out with Rock Band, Guitar Hero 2 and Guitar Hero 3 on Xbox 360 with no issues whatsoever. The only drawback to this controller, aside from its wired status and button placement, is that you can not activate any of the extra guitar effects featured in Rock Band. For that, you'll need the Rock Band Stratocaster.

The Guitar Hero 3 Les Paul also works with everything and also can't be used to activate the Rock Band special effects. We tried it on Rock Band and played through roughly 10 songs without any hitches. Of note here is that the Guitar Hero 3 PS3 controller can't be used with Guitar Hero 2, even with the disc put into a PS3 that should make it backwards compatible.

The Rock Band guitar is another story. This controller, which features a number of extra fret board buttons and an effects switch, does not work with Guitar Hero 2 or 3. Cycling through the menus works just fine, but as soon as the game begins it all breaks down. Buttons don't register at all and the game is impossible to play. In addition to the extra buttons, it has one other advantage while playing Rock Band. During extended "jam" sessions of the game where you can press any buttons you want to boost up your score, you don't have to strum when using the Rock Band Strat. With the Guitar Hero 2 or 3 controllers, strumming is required. "

Personally, I dont really care about the special effet 5 way effect switch or if you have to strum during the extended jam session (I am just going to use the les paul or xplorer for the bass when I have 4 people playing). And besides, it seems that all activision would have to do is send an update for GH2 and 3 to make the Rock Band controller work.