PDA

View Full Version : Cod4 Sp Ghillie suit mission Tip *SPOILER!*

cSELECT
11-05-2007, 06:48 PM
A fast and fool proof way on getting the "Ghillies In The Mist" achievement (which is completing the stage all ghillied up without being spotted).
Got it 1st attempt. BTW: A Real Fun Stage.:)

Well there are times when the AI veteran sniper guy you are with will ask you to go ahead and take the lead.All i do i walk a bit foward and wait for the AI guy to move and just trail him the whole way.
He will say what to do, but all you have to do is mimic his motions while trailing him the whole way to the building roof. AU!:)

If your ahead of him and take the lead and/or get impatient, chances are you can get spotted and have to restart the level.:p

xENVxGAMERSKREW
11-06-2007, 01:58 AM
haha nice.. i hate restarting the levels when i can get it the first go around. Thanx

conor bp
11-06-2007, 04:46 PM
good tip will come in handy wen i get the game cheers

Tron
11-06-2007, 11:10 PM
maybe a stupid question, but do i shoot the guards like he says or will he do it?

even in video games i am lazy

cSELECT
11-06-2007, 11:42 PM
Actually, when there is a set of guards (like 2 usually), You hear him say " enemies ahead, I'll take 1 out you take the other", no matter who you point to ,he will instantly take the other out, but i usually take out the guy on my side(ex: if partner sniper to the left I'll shoot right side guard. Always stay behind him no matter what and just mimic him. The AI is great at stealth, i just follow the capt or leader in what ever mission.

Comes in handy in veteran,especially on open field where u cant get detected,seems like I don't die as much as i usually would on veteran using that method through out the game, patience gets you very far on veteran.;)

Tron
11-06-2007, 11:48 PM
thanks cSelect... i appreciate the help and the quick response!

sjanuary99
11-07-2007, 04:51 AM
this level is so easy on veteran, but the level after it is a -blam-!
honestly sitting by the ferris wheel snipping, i can only last up to like a minute, then when the helicopters come i die. and the stupid guy is sitting on his butt telling me to snipe them when i have like 200 of them charging me.

Pouper
11-07-2007, 06:12 AM
Use your clamore's sjanuary. Plant them before and after he gives them to you. Scatter them. They help A LOT

cSELECT
11-07-2007, 06:44 AM
That is giving me a hard time ,i planted clays on obvious routes and on both sides of me but alot of the times the AI throws soooo many nades that they blow them up before aproaching. I begin to plan more to help me better and camp again, but always some enemy creeps out of nowhere to shoot me the 3 constant hit death (veteran diff).

I try to pick them off as some are dropping from the planes, but the never ending horde of enemies has me very Pissed off.:mad:

zeLacuLe
11-07-2007, 08:24 AM
any tips on how to get past the next part? I don't know what to do, I can't seem to fight all the enemies.

nico chief
11-07-2007, 08:47 AM
First, you have to plant claymore and C4 on ennemy's route, sit with macmillan, than kill all the ennemies before the helicopters are coming.
Stay with him and kill as much guy coming out from helicopters and then, run between the radiation zone and the car game. hide behind a tree and aim at the wheel. A lot of ennemies will come to you using that way so kill them all and when the friendly helicopter finally arrived, go take your friend and come back together in the helicopter.
Watch out cause the friendly helicopter will stay in the middle for 30 seconds and will live with or without you.

zeLacuLe
11-07-2007, 08:52 AM
I'm sick to my stomach now, somehow I exited and went back in... and went from checkpoint reached when MY helo got there, back to the part where you have to snipe the guy at the meeting point. Fuck this game

BluntedSaboteur
11-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the "just follow the guy tip". Got the chievo first time through. Loving this game and especially that last level. Want to give props to Activision for brining their highly successful WWII shooter into the modern day:drunk

Pouper
11-08-2007, 03:12 AM
Give props to IW. They made the game :P

Kyton912
11-08-2007, 12:06 PM
got a question if i alert them and then respawn check point will i still get the achiv or do i have to start all over

"edit"
ok well i confirmed my own question and yes if u mess up just die or shoot ur buddy and respawn the check point and it is still posible to get the achiv

DyolfKnip
11-08-2007, 12:24 PM
That is giving me a hard time ,i planted clays on obvious routes and on both sides of me but alot of the times the AI throws soooo many nades that they blow them up before aproaching. I begin to plan more to help me better and camp again, but always some enemy creeps out of nowhere to shoot me the 3 constant hit death (veteran diff).

I try to pick them off as some are dropping from the planes, but the never ending horde of enemies has me very Pissed off.:mad:
what i did was hide behind the second tree to the right of your buddy facing the ferris wheel and used the ak to take out any that came from that direction. your injured ally will kill off any others coming from th oher direction. you end up killing about 20 of them and the time is up. its a very easy and kind of cheesy way of doing it... but it gets you by.

cSELECT
11-11-2007, 01:08 AM
what i did was hide behind the second tree to the right of your buddy facing the ferris wheel and used the AK to take out any that came from that direction. your injured ally will kill off any others coming from th other direction. you end up killing about 20 of them and the time is up. its a very easy and kind of cheesy way of doing it... but it gets you by.

Wish i would have read this before i finally finished that level. That would have saved me the 25 or so restarts to finally finish this level. Yeah, i had the AK and was picking off the close enemies and on the ferris wheel wooden decks, also the right side which once in a while a soldier would show up.
All i kept doing was constantly tapping the L TRIGGER to do the auto aim to the closest and when it locked i fired. I also kept 3 clays after the 1st wave of slodiers to protect the railing the jump over by the ferris wheel when i was laying heind the tree.You can see through it prone but cant seem to shoot through it.I did that to regen my health and keep an eye on things.