PDA

View Full Version : Time Challenge ON Super Happy Fun Fun Game, Impossible?

mattpugh182
11-05-2007, 07:19 PM
I have no idea how you can collect all 18 in 2 MINUTES. No matter what i do i just cant get all of them. I at most can get about 13 or 14 but i have no idea the best way to take this level. Any ideas or advice would be great and much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Razza-Legend
11-05-2007, 07:21 PM
lol, we both set up a thread on this at the same time :S

End all Be all
11-05-2007, 08:09 PM
annoying, not impossible.. you'll probobly have to do it at least 10 times before you get it so by then you should know exactly where every sushi is so make a plan. i like to grab the one in front then shoot up to the one on top of the pole and grab that one and if i cant get it on the first try i just restart because they dont give enough time for screw ups. when going for the ones on the clouds dash to it and dont over use A to float up as soon as your above the cloud press y, then turn to homer ball and dash from the cloud back to the helium. also save the one on the pole shooting out the front of the ship for last, because after you get the last one on the cloud in that section you can drop off and it will spawn you on that pole, then you can dash to it and finish. just keep going at it until you establish a rhythm you'll get it.

SplazarGod
11-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Near impossible, took me around 50 attempts. About an hour of play, I think I broke the battery pack on my controller, finished with 3 seconds left, usually get to the last one wiyh 1 second left and loose.

Go around and get the easy ones on the middle deck and side bits, destroy the Grated floor and there's a sushi underneath, use the helium to get the cloud sushis, only ever press X once as it uses a lot of helium and it's hard to control.

Jump your way up the gold spire, it seems easier this way.

Homerball you way to the opposite side to save time. Homerball up the ramps for them 2 sushi, get the 2 ones on the cloud and if you have enough time get the last one in the middle spire in the ship by using the helium.

Hardest Time Challenge EVER

BT X360
11-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Just got it with 10 secs to spare.
For those that have trouble this is what I did:
- Go Left and get the sushi rolls on the 3 clouds.
- Get helium and get the one on the mast
- Homer ball up the ramp at the other side to get one.
- Do the 2 clouds
- Double jump to get the other sushi roll on the ramp (no need for Homer Ball, this saves a lot of time!)
- Get the 1 in the middle of the deck and go right/left and get those 3.
- Get the other 1 on the middle of the deck and go to the other side
- Smash the gate (sushi is beneath it)
- Final sushi roll on the front of the ship (using double jump helps)

General tips:
- Dont fall of the boat!
- Press Y (thnx End all Be all) to stop helium
- Homerball from clouds to ship
- If you're doing the ones on the side make sure you got room left (if your powerbar is full Homer wont pick up the sushi rolls (burp a couple of times helps))
- Know from the beginning where to go.
Optional: Start over if you: 1. miss a sushi, 2. fall of the boat.

Hope this helps! Good Luck!

007craft
11-07-2007, 07:16 AM
I didnt even know you could push Y to come out of helium mode. I awkwardly waited for myself to run out of air for each cloud. And I still finished with 14 seconds left. took me about 10 minutes of trying. Agravated me.

Fruhmann360
11-08-2007, 03:05 AM
i'm still trying for it. some of these time trials are fun. but ones like this are terrible. the game did not teach you really how to pin point rolls and landings. trial and error, but what a mess.

jackanape
11-16-2007, 01:54 PM
These time trials are a pain. I've got six more to do and hope to get them done ASAP so that I can get rid of this game - they seem to have been just tagged on as an afterthought with no real effort put in.

Scotian Bred
11-17-2007, 06:52 AM
- Do the 2 clouds
- Double jump to get the other sushi roll on the ramp (no need for Homer Ball, this saves a lot of time!)

General tips:
- Dont fall of the boat!
- Press Y (thnx End all Be all) to stop helium
- Homerball from clouds to ship
- If you're doing the ones on the side make sure you got room left (if your powerbar is full Homer wont pick up the sushi rolls (burp a couple of times helps))
- Know from the beginning where to go.
Optional: Start over if you: 1. miss a sushi, 2. fall of the boat.

Helped tremendously thanks a lot .. now i just have to replay all the levels and beat the target times and i got the 1000.

x LeXXuz x
11-19-2007, 07:06 AM
Can anybody tell me how to Homerball the ramp in the middle to reach the mast? I managed it for one time but I don't remember how.

If I take the ramp in the middle I can't gain enough altitude, when I take it more to the right I crash UNDER the platform atop.

Seriously in which angle do you have to roll on that ramp? I know you could also get up there using the helium but I really like to know how to get up there again using the Homerball.

Scotian Bred
11-19-2007, 07:29 AM
Can anybody tell me how to Homerball the ramp in the middle to reach the mast? I managed it for one time but I don't remember how.

If I take the ramp in the middle I can't gain enough altitude, when I take it more to the right I crash UNDER the platform atop.

Seriously in which angle do you have to roll on that ramp? I know you could also get up there using the helium but I really like to know how to get up there again using the Homerball.

Well don't homerball roll to get the Sushi on the Middle Mast use the helium cylinder close to where you first start the time challenge, it is the same one you have to use to get the sushi on the three clouds. Hope that helps

x LeXXuz x
11-19-2007, 07:38 AM
Well don't homerball roll to get the Sushi on the Middle Mast use the helium cylinder close to where you first start the time challenge, it is the same one you have to use to get the sushi on the three clouds. Hope that helps

Yeah you're right. I gave up trying to get on there by Homerball. I really dont know how I managed to get up there once, but however...

I finally managed to make it in breathtaking 1:59,25 :biglaugh

Now for the last 2 achievements. Considering the time I spent in this game I wouldn't say it is an easy 1000 one....

manigamer
11-21-2007, 12:47 PM
finished it last night with only .46 second's remaining :P on my 8th or 9th try :) and i did the hommerball to get to the sushi on the mast... just waste 1 level trying to figure out where exactly to put homer to get to the mast and when u do get the right place from where to start restart and do the challenge, one this is that the first sushi roll u should pick should be the mast one because if u can do the mast part quickly then all other's are easy to do :)

chaosg0d
11-29-2007, 03:02 PM
The one on the mast is very easy once you know the trick. You need to jump on the helium tank before your use it. This way, you will gain just enough height to be able to get quickly on the mast.

Here’s how I did it:

1 - Mast
2 – From the mast jump down in the direction of the back of the ship. Take the maki.
3 – Homer ball dash to get the maki in front of the gate (on the front side of the ship)
4,5,6 – Go on the left side of the ship and homer ball dash to get the 3 maki there.
7 - homer ball dash on the Ramp to the back of the ship and take the maki above the ramp
8,9 – Use the helium to take the 2 maki on the clouds
10 – Double jump to take the maki on the second ramp.
11, 12, 13 - Go on the right side of the ship and homer ball dash to get the 3 maki there.
14 – Smash the Gate and take the maki.

---- You should have about 55 sec left ----

15, 16, 17 – Use the helium tank to go on the 3 clouds.
18 – Use homer ball to get the last one on front of the ship.

I did it with 1:59, and I did fall 3 times from the last 3 clouds.

zdarko43
11-29-2007, 04:48 PM
not impossible --- just extremely extremely annoying :uzi:

it probably took me about a dozen tries. but keep going by the guide and you'll figure out ur little niche to do it. if all else fails, collect everything in the game and complete everything else then come back to it. :)

Krazie
12-06-2007, 11:07 PM
Not as hard as everyone claims it was (to me anyway). Got it in 5 tries, woulda had it on my 3rd try but i had no idea where the 18th one was! (The one where you have to break the grate to get it)

FreaKyDeaKy
12-08-2007, 05:22 PM
finally got it, took like 10 trys.

Cordes
01-07-2008, 05:40 PM
- Do the 2 clouds

Worked perfectly. I got it on my third try. Now I have all Time Trials :rock

ClockworkMoxie
01-11-2008, 11:20 PM

I think I found the trick to getting to the top of the mast using the homer-ball dash. I could never get enough height until I realized that while I was going up the ramp, I held the analog stick towards the ramp. When I tried again, I just positioned myself in line with the ramp and dashed without moving the stick until I needed to get to the platform. I found that this gave me enough height every time.

DarkHitman 47
01-14-2008, 02:25 AM
1:49 using chaos gods tip perfect run after a few attemps

SoaringEagle
01-15-2008, 02:18 PM
WOW I am not not even there yet and that sounds hard, i cant even beat the 6 video game slave ones, the 2nd one on top of the thing i cant get 2. and the 5 waves of aliens, this game will be the end of me. :(

DarkHitman 47
01-15-2008, 06:50 PM
there not that hard i found the mini games in ratatoulli a lot harder

ArtzryD
01-22-2008, 07:51 AM
great tips. once I was able to actually follow them, it worked out great. Thanks!

anthonyd46
01-23-2008, 08:01 AM
I got 1:53.98 using chaos gods strategy

elsmitmyster
02-01-2008, 08:37 PM
YouTube - The Simpsons Game - Big Super Happy Fun Fun Game - Time Chal

Video now on you tube of this if u need extra help. Used this strategy and it works great.

Hope posting this link is okay?

Just Lucky
02-12-2008, 10:03 PM
Thanks for posting that video. Made it a hell of a lot clearer.

SneakyEllis
02-13-2008, 04:17 AM
ill admit i got lucky on this one, i had 1 second to spare.

TheWings977
02-13-2008, 04:20 AM
Got some wierd achievements here...

DreadfulCorpse
03-06-2008, 05:11 PM
I hate this one ,it's the worst part of the game ,I still have to do it.

DocRevolt
03-19-2008, 12:50 AM
I got it with about 20 seconds to spare. It's easy if you move fast enough; all I can say is roll A LOT. You also need to get the helium sushi piece on your first try, or you won't have an inkling of a chance. I just started behind me and worked clockwise. Didn't have much trouble after I got the hang of it.

DreadfulCorpse
03-19-2008, 03:26 PM
Finally finished this f***in level!!!!!

DreadfulCorpse
03-19-2008, 03:26 PM
I had 7 seconds to spare.

Crimson Drifter
05-13-2008, 06:03 PM
I just got this and completed my 1000. I had a time of 1:46. Here was my stategy:

-Grab one in the middle where you start

-Keep going straight and get the three on that side of the ship

-homer dash up to the deck where the helium is and use helium to get the two on the clouds

-use double jump to get both of the pieces above the ramps

-use the same helium and get the one on the mast in the middle of the ship

-drop down and grab that one, go along other side of ship for those three

-smash the grate with homer smash or whatever that is

-go on the deck above and use helium to get three on the clouds

-CAREFULLY make run/walk up the skinny pole to tip of the ship for the last one.

I still fell once or twice and finished with this time.

HINTS
-use helium not homer ball for the mast one.
-if you are moving make sure you are rolling as its faster.
-when using homer ball back to the ship aim as close to the helium as possible.
-dont bother homer balling for two above the ramps, you can just double jump from the deck and grab them first time.

It took me around 10 tries, about 15 mins or less, so just practice and you will eventually grab it, not to hard just have to be precise.

ProjectSix
07-25-2008, 03:00 AM
I haven't been able to do this yet. I've read the thread and haven't seen anybody else post about it.. but a few times some of the sushi rolls bugged up for me. I run right through them and Homer won't eat them to get credit. It's really frustrating since I was on pace a couple of times to finish it, but one of the last sushi rolls bugged and I couldn't pick it up.. has anybody else encountered this? It seems to be random on which ones do it.

BrenFox
08-01-2008, 07:52 AM
Its best to practise with the helium and stopping so you don't over shoot keep trying and trying :)

I just got 10th on the leadboards using the techniques above on "Dice Cannon" ;D

bobbowski
08-10-2008, 07:29 AM
I haven't been able to do this yet. I've read the thread and haven't seen anybody else post about it.. but a few times some of the sushi rolls bugged up for me. I run right through them and Homer won't eat them to get credit. It's really frustrating since I was on pace a couple of times to finish it, but one of the last sushi rolls bugged and I couldn't pick it up.. has anybody else encountered this? It seems to be random on which ones do it.

Homer is probably full, I had a similar problem my irst time through the stage. I can't remember how but "burb" him after ever couple and you shouldn't have the problem any longer.

TheChupacabra10
08-14-2008, 04:46 PM
Very hard challenge but very satisfying when I got it, A friend and me sat and passed the controller back and forth for a good hour before I managed to pull it off, very proud of it lol

Goatlegged
08-15-2008, 11:05 AM
This challenge is no where near as hard as everyone makes it out to be.... as long as you double jump to get the two sushis on the deck, rather then using HomerBall, and you use the helium to get to the top of the mast, instead of using HomerBall, and dont fall off the side... you should have NO problems at all.......I actually finished this one my second try through without getting a chance to read any strategies here.

vegetable lasagna
08-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Sometimes when I get to the last 4 with a minute or so to go, I Homer over to a floating cloud and stand on the eggroll but Homer doesnt eat it, then Ill boost to a different cloud and he will eat that one. By that time, my clock is run out leaving that one Homer wont eat..happen to anyone else??

SteelersOwnAll
08-12-2009, 11:20 PM
Okay, so I got this on my first try, and finished with about 12 seconds left.

I went left and grabbed the three on clouds and the one at the tip.
Then I Homer-bounced to break the wood to grab that one, and then I grabbed the one right next to it.
Then I went down the side of the ship, and grabbed three there.
I ran up the ramp, and jumped to get one sushi.
Then I got the two on the clouds.
Then I jumped to get the other sushi by the ramp.
I used the helium to get the one on top of the mass, and fell down and grabbed the sushi below.
I went back along the other side, grabbing the last three, and finished where I started.

Piece of cake.

ANDDDDD... some of my sushi glitched, so I had to go into a Homer ball, and smash the ground for it to register.

Upon replaying, I had multiple sushi glitch.

taingboi
12-13-2009, 02:27 AM
I got this with 0.45 seconds to spare O_o

Snoop QC
04-18-2010, 12:21 PM
The sushi challenge is the worse in my opinion but when you know where are the sushies and how to get them it's just a matter of tries before succeeding.

l.maciver
04-20-2010, 06:35 PM
this one was annoying, but what i did was take the outside ones first them moved as fast as possible on the rest, tooks a few try

peerilosou
04-22-2010, 03:33 AM
I did this finally!:woop: It is probably the hardest time challenge. Just keep trying you will get it in the end.

b0shey
06-15-2010, 03:27 PM
This one was a major pain in the ass until i learned a pattern to do it

bobby86long
04-05-2011, 10:42 AM

HOLY ****!!!! I was thinking my game was glitched!!! I never realized that thing!! Thank you SO much!! Cheers to You!

FinSleepless
06-25-2011, 08:34 PM
I used a Youtube guide to help me on this one. It took me many attempts, but eventually I got it.