PDA

View Full Version : HELP for Undefeated on SPEEDER SHOWDOWN ?

Incorrigible Space Cadet
11-06-2007, 12:15 AM
I'm stuck on the mission Speeder Showdown in Episode VI (mission 3 with the race through the jungle where you have to eliminate sets of speeders to slowly destroy a forcefield). I can't get undefeated for this mission and it's so frustating. I only have two achievements left in this game, undefeated on speeder showdown and death star II. I have not attempted death star II yet but I'm about to give up on speeder showdown and start working on it.

Does anyone that got undefeated on Speeder Showdown have a good strategy? These little satellite dish guns keep destroying me and if I try to avoid them I just end up in a rock or tree. The fire is so rapid from them its like impossible to take them out without taking damage. If someone could provide their personal tips or strategy it will be much appreciated.

Shinobi273
11-06-2007, 12:23 AM
Concentrate fire on the turrents for the first lap, eliminate most of the guns. Be on the cautious side on this first lap. Avoid destroying everything as you will need them for hearts later. If you take alot of damage and need a heart, go backwards and blow some stuff up for hearts. Once the guns are destroyed, you pretty much have free reign on the loop, just watch out for things you might run into. Remember that the level isn't timed so take your time and aviod damage.

BigNasty2391
12-14-2007, 02:49 PM
I'm stuck on the mission Speeder Showdown in Episode VI (mission 3 with the race through the jungle where you have to eliminate sets of speeders to slowly destroy a forcefield).

Does anyone that got undefeated on Speeder Showdown have a good strategy? These little satellite dish guns keep destroying me and if I try to avoid them I just end up in a rock or tree. The fire is so rapid from them its like impossible to take them out without taking damage. If someone could provide their personal tips or strategy it will be much appreciated.

I went back and completed this game 100% last night, I needed this achievement also. What I did was to pick a ghost character as the main guy, the auto pick always gave me another ghost character. Play with them through the entire level, u only have to change characters 1 time to access a level on-top of a platform which requires a character with a blaster to get up (I think it's after the 2nd round of speeders.) Change back as soon as u get to the top. I'm not sure if being in the AT-ST Walker and getting knocked out when it loses all its hearts counts as dying or not but, I killed all the stormtroopers prior to entering them. Now for the fun part, for the speeders u have go through 4 parts, 2, 3, 4, then 5 speeders at a time. Don't press up to accelerate (this takes a long time to kill them but by going slow u can avoid 95% of the lasers and should be able to easily maneuver between the trees) , and only shoot at the turrets and speeders when your in the open (the trees and bushes drop hearts, so don't shoot them if your full on health, u will need them in the later parts with lots of speeders) Also if your going slow u can survive bumping the trees or the cliffs with usually only 1-2 hearts coming off as opposed to 3-5 and dying when your flying fast. I found it easier to shoot turrets by pushing back and flipping to turn around. Also when u beat the final set of speeders, and u get back to the land based portion of the level, make sure u JUMP onto the bridge to get the AT-ST Walker. ( the first time I got through all of them I walked straight off the cliff :mad::eek::mad: and had to do it all over again). Doing this I got the achievement in 3-4 tries.

the_b1ues
02-03-2008, 03:14 PM
havnt started the undeafted levals yet but i be looking back at this when i get there thanks gonan be o ard to get all the flying levals i die so much in them

Caddius
03-21-2008, 02:45 AM
My Speeder blew up 3 times, and I still got the achievement. I'd say we are making this harder than it is.

StumpyFlesh
03-21-2008, 03:05 AM
My Speeder blew up 3 times, and I still got the achievement. I'd say we are making this harder than it is.

Seriously??

Anyway, I didn't think this one was hard. I got it first try. Just go fast and that should be enough to dodge the dish turret fire. Watch out for trees, and if you keep firing you should blow up any bushes, trees, or turrets that you are heading for. Make sure you do a flip when the other speeders get behind you! For Death Star II, check out the thread on here devoted to it. I got it on my second time with the guide in there. Good luck!!!

Caddius
03-22-2008, 12:09 AM
Seriously??

Yes sir, I was so sick of dying and restarting, I finally just finished the level to practice, and it gave me the achievement, I was pretty happy about it and it must have carried over cause then I went to do the DS2 level and finished it in one try without dying. It was a good day.:locked:woop:

StumpyFlesh
03-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Yes sir, I was so sick of dying and restarting, I finally just finished the level to practice, and it gave me the achievement, I was pretty happy about it and it must have carried over cause then I went to do the DS2 level and finished it in one try without dying. It was a good day.:locked:woop:

Nice work! I'm very happy that I was able to beat those undefeated levels without any problems.

SoupyC
03-30-2008, 11:06 AM
I too can confirm that your speeder can blow up and you still get the achievement. I think you may lose a heart everytime though so after 4 it may not count. I got it yesterday and I'm CERTAIN my speeder blew up at least once, but maybe twice.

SoupyC

Shipley0110
04-01-2008, 10:08 AM
I got this achievement last night. I played through as ghost Kenobi.

I wasn't expecting to get it to be honest as on the third time on the speeder against four storm troopers I crashed into a tree and died!!!!

Anyone else had similar experiences like this?

StumpyFlesh
04-01-2008, 10:00 PM
I got this achievement last night. I played through as ghost Kenobi.

I wasn't expecting to get it to be honest as on the third time on the speeder against four storm troopers I crashed into a tree and died!!!!

Anyone else had similar experiences like this?

Apparently Caddius did; he said that his speeder blew up three times and he still got it lol.

daninthemix
04-02-2008, 07:57 AM
My speeder also blew up several times and I still got it.

HeroFromHyrule
04-13-2008, 04:34 AM
Confirming that your speeder can blow up and you can still get the achievement. Blew up at least three times and still got it.

biochem411
06-25-2008, 05:24 PM
I didn't have my speeder blow up but as far as just negotiating the level, I just kept rapidly shooting and swerving back and forth. Plus, you can always hit A and pull back to do a loop-de-loop to avoid fire.

Jedi Kayben
06-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Well i just got this and didnt know you could have your speeder blow up so i kept playing till i got through perfect oh well. What i did was to get rid of all the guns first (except one that was out of my range) then i just took it really really slow on the speeder bits, used ghost anakin on the other bits making sure i got rid of all the stormtroopers before getting into each ATST.

Canary Wundaboy
06-28-2008, 03:08 PM
If only Id have known this a half hour ago. xD
My strategy was to go at top speed, avoid the trees, and keep the fire button held down. Im pretty decent at controlling the speeder so it might not be for everyone, but I managed to do it all at top speed 3rd time.

Death Star II here we go.