PDA

View Full Version : Save file, where art thou??

zdarko43
11-06-2007, 03:36 AM
Ok, this has happened to me twice now. Only with this game nonetheless... Has anyone else been having problems with their save file?

Today for example, i got home from work to play the game, put it in, and no save file on storage device. So i went back to the system software and long behold, there is no save file at all. ?!?!

Not once, but twice now.

Surely its not my hard drive or my xb360 because this is only happening with this game.

is it happening to anyone else?! any idea whats causing it so i dont do it again? i swear if i have to start this game over again im not going to do it i'll just sell it.

pain in the ass.

Razza-Legend
11-06-2007, 07:50 AM
this may sound patronising, but did you turn off you console while it was saving?? that the only reason i can think of lol, and this is the first incident ive heard of tbh.

zdarko43
11-06-2007, 01:58 PM
no, i was in medal of homer after completing all of the other games, with that one being my last. after i found all of the white flags, at the next part where you escourt the tank i quit to the main menu of the game, no issues. then i went to the system software from there.

but in any case i copied my game file to my memory unit just in case if it decides to randomly erase again.. ugh!

DieselV2
11-06-2007, 11:02 PM
Unless you switched it off during an autosave moment

BlazeDragon132
11-07-2007, 12:42 AM
Dang, that sucks dude. I hope you can get it back.

zdarko43
11-07-2007, 01:50 AM
no i didnt switch it off. i quit out to the main menu of the game, then using the xbox guide i exited to the system software. and i cant recover whats not there. :( so i just started over anyways.

SoaringEagle
01-15-2008, 02:11 PM
thats not an uncommon glitch, sometimes, the game freezes in the autosave, without you knowing, or lags, so even it says "saving" and the message disappears, wait 10 minutes before you turn it off to give the game a chance to catch up with the programming of all its features.

hope that helps,

:)

PS. hope u get it back. :D

zdarko43
01-15-2008, 02:23 PM
thats not an uncommon glitch, sometimes, the game freezes in the autosave, without you knowing, or lags, so even it says "saving" and the message disappears, wait 10 minutes before you turn it off to give the game a chance to catch up with the programming of all its features.

hope that helps,

:)

PS. hope u get it back. :D

Thats what I did on my second playthru. I never recovered my save file but its not like the game is excrutiatingly difficult. I just played thru it again, weary about the auto saving, and backed up my save file on an external mu. :)

I appreciate your concern though.