PDA

View Full Version : Bands you would like to see as DLC

Matt9340
11-06-2007, 04:14 AM
What bands would you guys like to see as a DLC? I know Foo Fighters, Velvet Revolver and someone else are coming as well as the boss battles.

I personally would like to see Linkin Park, Matchbox Twenty, Anberlin, Bullet for my Valentine,Breaking Benjamin,Coheed and Cambria (Rock band has it why cant we :(), and Green Day

TwistedFate
11-06-2007, 04:22 AM
Misfits, Dead Kennedys (more),Sex Pistols (more), Agent Orange, Black Flag, Buzzcocks, Dream Theater, and Liquid Tension Experiment. I'm sure there are others, that's just off the top of my head.

darkbola
11-06-2007, 04:52 AM
Sonata Arctica - kingdom for a heart, Wolf & Raven

ElvenKing - To Oak Woods Bestowed, A Poem For The Firmament

Gamma Ray - Ride the Sky, Heading For Tomorrow, Heaven Can Wait , Follow Me

Helloween - Halloween, Dr. Stein, Silent Rain, Hocus Pocus, Far Away, The Dark Ride, How Many Tears, Cry For Freedom

Mägo de Oz - El Santo Grial, La leyenda de la Mancha, Molinos de viento, Maritornes, Requiem, Ancha es castilla, Satania, Hasta Que el Cuerpo Aguante, Fiesta Pagana, La Conquista, Alma, La Rosa de los Vientos, La Costa del Silencio, Van a Rodar Cabeza,Obertura MDXX (in the same song )Gaia,La Venganza de Gaia
Megadeth - Pleace Sells, Hoy Wars... The Punishment Du, Symphony of Destruction, She-Wolf, Sleepwalker, Washington is Next!, Never Walk Alone...A Call to Arms, United Abominations, Gears of War, Blessed Are the Dead, Pray For Blood, A Tout Le Monde (Set Me Free), Amerikhastan, You're Dead, Burnt Ice

Stratovarius - Speed Of Light, Black Diamond

Tierra Santa - Sangre De Reyes, Dracula
Iron Maiden - These Colours Dont Run, The Reincarnation of Benjamin, The Wicker Man, Brave New World, Blood Brothers, Journeyman, Rainmaker, No More Lies, Run To The Hills, 2Minutes To Midnight, Wasted Years, Can I Play with Madness, Fear Of The Dark, The Evil That Men Do

Angra - Carry On, Wish You Were Here, Nova Era, Running Alone

Arch Enemy - Dead Eyes See No Future, Nemesis, Enemy Within, Burning Angel
Avantasia - Avantasia, The Metal Opera, The Final Sacrifice, Neverland

Blind guardian - And Then There Was Silence, Fly, Majesty, Valhalla, Another Holy War, Nightfall, Mirror Mirror, Lost In The Twilight Hall, Mr. Sandman, Celtic Spirit

DragonForce - Once in A Lifetime, Disciples of Babylon

Dragonland - World's End, Majesty of the Mithril mountains

Dream Theater - A Change of Seasons, Learning To Live, The Dance of Eternity, Metropolis, Overture 1928, The Ytse Jam

Edguy - Sacred Hell

Guns N' Roses - Dont Cry, November Rain, Paradise City, Sweet Child Of Mine(=P)
Hammerfall - Renegade, Heeding the Call, Keep The Flame Burning, Stronger Than All

Judas Priest - Electric Eye, Breaking The Law

Kamelot - When The Lights Are Down, Until Kingdom Come, Karma

Kansas - Dust in the Wind

Lacrimosa - The Phantom Of The Opera
Manticora - When Forever Ends, Private Hell

Motorhead - Ace of spades

Nightmare - The World

Nightwish - She Is My Sin

Opeth - Windowpane

Oratory - Old Man's Prophecy, Your Glory Won't Last Forever

Pantera - Cowboys From Hell
Rata Blanca - La llave de la puerta secreta
Rhapsody - The March of the Swordmaster, Power Of The Dragonflame, When Demons Awake, Agony Is My Name

Satariel - Claw The Clouds

Sonic Syndicate - Jailbreak

The Black Mages - Dancing Mad, One Winged Angel

Thunderstone - Let the demons free

Unearth - endless

Xystus - Into The Void

Yngwie Malmsteen - mega guitar s

jrod fo sheez
11-06-2007, 05:06 AM
DETHKLOK! DETHKLOK! Please. Please. Neversoft. Read this. DETHKLOK in GH3 WILL BE TEH SECKS. Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle. Murmaider. Awaken. Every song on the Dethalbum is an awesome GH3 song, please put them in here. Dear God.

Lamb of God. The GH2 cover was absolutely horrendous. They butchered that song so badly, it hurts. Get the master track of 11th hour, Vigil, or Hourglass and you will be pleased.

BUCKETHEAD. Get some more TTFaF-type songs in there, makes the game more challenging, because sooner or later the people who can easily pass TTFaF will need a new challenge(s).

Iron Maiden. HALLOWED BE THY NAME FTW. Should have been last tier encore.

Nirvana. Get the whole Nevermind CD available, just like Rock Band. It's a FLAWLESS album, absolutely incredible.

Cannibal Corpse. Quick riffs with insane noise solos = typical straining GH songs.

Between The Buried and Me. Selkies: The Endless Obsession, All Bodies, or Alaska off of their album Alaska. A few good songs from their all-cover CD, The Anatomy Of..., would be perfect, as they made some of the best covers you will hear of Pink Floyd, Pantera, QUEEN (Bicycle Race ftw) upon others. Very, very talented.

EDIT!!

Coheed and Cambria. High-pitch singer+behind-the-back live solos+shred=GH3. Welcome Home. This goes second on my wishlist, second to Dethklok.

custom
11-06-2007, 05:27 AM
DETHKLOK! DETHKLOK! Please. Please. Neversoft. Read this. DETHKLOK in GH3 WILL BE TEH SECKS. Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle. Murmaider. Awaken. Every song on the Dethalbum is an awesome GH3 song, please put them in here. Dear God.

BUCKETHEAD. Get some more TTFaF-type songs in there, makes the game more challenging, because sooner or later the people who can easily pass TTFaF will need a new challenge(s).

Those two.

Dr Buttcrack
11-06-2007, 06:10 AM
AC/DC
AFI
Bad Religion
Coheed & Cambria
The Darkness
Deep Purple
Dethklok
Dragonforce
Jimi fuckin Hendrix
Led fuckin Zeppelin
Less Than Jake!
Skynyrd!!!
Pantera
Pennywise
Priestess
RRRAAAGGGEEE!!!!!!
cHiLi pEpPeRs!1!1!
Reverend Horton Heat
Shadows Fall
Smashing Pumpkins
Strokes
Homestarrunner!!!
Switchfoot
Valient Thorr
Eddie Van fuckin Halen!
Wolfmother

Fire Mage
11-06-2007, 06:19 AM
Nirvana. Get the whole Nevermind CD available, just like Rock Band. It's a FLAWLESS album, absolutelI agree with this wholeheartedly.

UTSBlaze
11-06-2007, 05:11 PM
ACDC
Guns N' Roses
Queen
Tenacious D
Velvet Revolver

CTS 7enisRinkle
11-13-2007, 02:42 AM
dream theater- dance of eternity.... how sick?
maybe a lil pink floyd.

i mean gh3 is supoposed to be LEGENDS of rock and all im seein is newer bands some ive never heard of. i mean come on guys some of these bands have only been around a couple of years

hatebreeder87
11-13-2007, 03:57 AM
darkbola had a very good list of songs.

hatebreeder87
11-13-2007, 04:07 AM
I've decided I'll post a list of my own. I doubt we'll ever see any of these in GH but it would be nice.

1-At the Gates- Slaughter of the Soul
2-Arch Enemy- Ravenous
3-Amon Amarth-Asator
4-Blind Guardian-Into The Storm
5-Children of Bodom-Needled 24/7
6-Dark Tranquillity-Focus Shift
7-Evergrey-The Great Deceiver
8-Hypocrisy-Let the knife do the talking
9-Iron Maiden-Hallowed Be Thy Name
10-Into Eternity-Spiralling into depression
11-In Flames-Episode 666
12-Kataklysm-Like Angels Weeping
13-Kreator-Phobia
14-Nile-Lashed to the slave stick
15-Opeth-The Grand Conjuration
16-Skyfire-Shivering Shade
17-Strapping Young Lad-Detox
18-Symphony X-Inferno

maxwellconinious
11-13-2007, 04:18 AM
They need Rush and Ozzy!!!

D4rk Ac3s
11-13-2007, 04:25 AM
:whs Yep, Max, we do need Ozzy.

What we also need is Buckethead. The re-release of Jordan would be preety cool, so would Binge and Grab.

And Operation Ground and Pound, by Dragonforce, would be insane :)

killlah631
11-13-2007, 04:31 AM
Ozzy, Megadeth, more Dragonforce, and I think they should add some more modern stuff.

fonzycore
11-13-2007, 04:45 AM
Between The Buried and Me. Selkies: The Endless Obsession, All Bodies, or Alaska off of their album Alaska. A few good songs from their all-cover CD, The Anatomy Of..., would be perfect, as they made some of the best covers you will hear of Pink Floyd, Pantera, QUEEN (Bicycle Race ftw) upon others. Very, very talented.

Don't forget "Colors"

Alesana, As Cities Burn, At the Drive-In, Atreyu (even though I hate the band), Between the Buried and Me (epic songs), Between the Wars, Billy Talent, the Bled, Brand New, the Cambiata, Chasing Victory, Chiodos, Circa Survive, Coheed and Cambria (not a huge fan though), Dance Gavin Dance, Death From Above 1979, the Devil Wears Prada, Drop Dead Gorgeous, the Early November, Emanuel, Every Time I Die, (more) the Fall of Troy, Fight Paris, Foxy Shazam, From First to Last (new hardcore cd), Horse the Band, (more) the Killers, the Mars Volta, Modest Mouse, Norma Jean, Oh Sleeper, Portugal the Man, Saoson, Saves the Day, Say Anything, the Sound of Animals Fighting, Steel Train, the Strokes, Taking Back Sunday, Thrice, Thursday, Trophy Scars, Underoath, Unearth

Thats enough for now :) I would have put more but the thread said bands not like specific songs or albums so I just stuck to the basic band names, some albums and/or songs are better than others though obviously.

X Dirge X
11-13-2007, 04:51 AM
Tool... Radiohead... AiC*not a horrible cover either*... and of course David Bowie

ASTROBL4ACK
11-13-2007, 05:11 AM
Billy Squier!

thieflordgamer
11-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Rush: Spirit of Radio, Freewill, Subdivisions, Big Money, think of the possibilities!!!

Dream Theater: anything and everything

Avenged Sevenfold: anything off of City of Evil

Black Sabbath: Paranoid in its entirety (hell they've already had Iron Man in GH1, War Pigs in GH2, and Paranoid in GH3)

Guns N' Roses: anything, but Paradise City and November Rain are musts!

Megadeth: anything, preferably something from United Abominations, another favorite would be Countdown to Extinction

Ratt: Round and Round, You're in Love, etc.

Red Hot Chili Peppers: Under the Bridge, Californication, any of their other hits and some stuff off of Stadium Arcadium

Tenacious D: Can you imagine a Round 2 battle against the devil with Tribute?

drtyfrml
11-13-2007, 11:00 PM
Pearl jam, AiC, Soundgarden, Weezer

Hilaryduffgta
11-13-2007, 11:04 PM
stone temple pilots,linkinpark,trapt

and eventually some pop stuff would be cool

Firecracker92
11-13-2007, 11:05 PM
Rage Against the Machine FTW

Maka
11-14-2007, 01:18 AM
What bands would you guys like to see as a DLC? I know Foo Fighters, Velvet Revolver and someone else are coming as well as the boss battles.

I personally would like to see Linkin Park, Matchbox Twenty, Anberlin, Bullet for my Valentine,Breaking Benjamin,Coheed and Cambria (Rock band has it why cant we :(), and Green Day

You mean Amberlyn?

I want to see more Killers, and some Fallout Boy, Linkin Park, Nickelback, Carlos Santana...

shiningcheese
11-14-2007, 02:01 AM
I would love to see some
-Coheed and Cambria
-more Fall of Troy (I Just Got This Symphony Goin')
-bullet for my Valentine,
- any of the classic rock from 70s/80s (AC/DC, Led Zep, Van Halen, etc.),
-Jimi Hendrix (Voodoo Child anyone?),
- Receiving End of Sirens
- more ZZ Top (Hell yes!)
- Pantera
- Boston
- the list could go on forever...

JigSaw
11-14-2007, 03:06 AM
I think more Killswitch Engage is needed on GH3 Adam D's shreds are absolutly insane. those who have listened to their newest album, or any past albums for that matter, know what im talking about.

VGA Dark Mac
11-14-2007, 03:45 AM
I'd like to see some White Stripes.

Dream Theater- It doesn't matter what song it is, I love me some Theater.

Pantera - Again, anything by them is cool with me.

Metallica- Anything off Ride the Lightning or Master of Puppets will do. One was a great start but I'd love to see more. Am I the only one who would like to see Orion on GH III?

Ozzy- Mama I'm Comin' Home would rule. It would be like Free Bird at the end with the fans waving their arms in the air like in GH II.

Killgore- Double Edge Sword would be sweet on GH III.

I'd like to see Breaking Benjamin too, one of very few newer bands I like.

antnie
11-14-2007, 03:52 AM
Anything from the following: The Beatles , Led zeppelin , Def leppard and pink floyd

mateo1472
11-14-2007, 04:12 AM
offspring, styx, jimmy eat world and sum bullet for my valentine! i would be so hapy then o and a song thats makes it way easy to get 750K on my own haha thatd be nice!:):):)

DarthKoRn
11-14-2007, 11:40 AM
You mean Amberlyn?

No, he definitely means Anberlin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anberlin).

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Minus The Bear. They aren't the heaviest band (most peoples list here seems riddle with Metal or Hard Rock), but they are very technical and would be a blast to play.

Same goes for The Hold Steady, The Decemberists, Anberlin, City & Colour, etc...

Matt9340
11-14-2007, 02:07 PM
You mean Amberlyn?

no Anberlin, follow the link that darthkorn put to see what im talkin about

But yeah even though heavy metal would be crazy to play, i dont find those songs that much fun, i would much rather play an alt rock so to where there is great guitar parts that still take skill to play.

VGA Dark Mac
11-15-2007, 04:08 AM
I forgot Mastodon, love those guys. I'd like anything off of Leviathan.

Crabbyjon
11-15-2007, 04:45 AM
You people might call me retarded but the only reason i bought the game was because of the KoRn faceplate for the guitar. So i thought there would be some koRn songs on it. then i found out theres not a one KoRn song to be found, I'm a little pissed off about this. but i'm glad its a easy game to get addicted too, But I would love to see some:
KoRn,
Linkin Park,
Old Limb Bizkit,
Black Light Burn,
Rob Zombie,
MORE White Zombie,
Zebra Head,
Hed PE,
System Of A Down,
and so on i could go on for a day about thinking of more bands.

TheOnlyDogMan
11-15-2007, 05:50 AM
The D. You can pick songs randomly from self titled and Pick of Destiny. They've all got great guitar work. There's a bunch of obvious tracks, but stuff like The Road, Friendship, Rock Your Socks, Double Team, City Hall would all work ridiculously well.

Ultimately I'd love to see a story like Wonderboy's written across a dozen songs, released in Guitar Hero format. I'd gladly pay all my money for that. Every last cent.

wofflex1337
11-16-2007, 01:16 AM
Buckethead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silent Kitten
11-16-2007, 01:21 AM
Van Halen Pack:
Eruption
Hot for Teacher
Ice Cream Man

Ozzy Osbourne Pack:
Mr. Crowley
Crazy Train
Shot in the Dark

Guns-n-Roses Pack:
Paradise City!!!!!!!!!
November Rain
Live and Let Die

Metallica Pack:
Master of Puppets
Ride the Lightning
Enter Sandman

Th3 Apache Dog
11-16-2007, 01:27 AM
The Suicide Machines(name of band). Anything from their Destruction by Definition album:)

VGA Dark Mac
11-16-2007, 09:37 PM
I'd love to see some Hatebreed and some Sam Black Church.

soccerplaya13cj
11-16-2007, 10:29 PM
Billy Talent
Guns N Roses
Red Hot Chili Peppers

soldat329x
11-18-2007, 04:17 PM
lets see.....

Dream Theater:
Home
Eve
Hell's Kitchen

Steve Vai:
Bad Horsie
Tender Surrender
For the Love of God

Stevie Ray Vaughan:
Rude Mood
Scuttle Buttin'
Superstition

The Offspring:
Original Prankster
Why Dont' You Get a Job?
Hit That

AC/DC:
THUNDERSTRUCK!!!
Hells Bells
Back in Black

John 5:
Soul of a Robot
Fiddler's
Damaged

Dragonforce:
Soldiers of the Wasteland
Cry for Eternity
Fury of the Storm

Foreigner:
Hot Blooded
Jukebox Hero
Feels Like the First Time

Def Leppard:
Pour Some Sugar On Me
Rock of Ages
Bringin' On the Heartache

Styx:
Renegade
Come Sail Away
Mr. Roboto

Rush:
Closer to The Heart
Spirit of the Radio
Tom Sawyer

need i name more?

ILL BallistX
01-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Hammerfall - Natural High (for the amazing solo)
or
Helloween - Mirror Mirror (just a cool song)

but if they had anything from those two bands i'd buy it.

Crimson Ridley
01-05-2009, 09:57 PM
This thread is a year old AND they aren't going to be doing GH3 DLC anymore...

Punker10
01-10-2009, 09:30 AM
Personally i would like to see some Avenged Sevenfold,Rage Against The Machine + Killswitch Engage. And on a personal note The Used - just because i know almost every song they have done.

But i agree with the above but it would be nice to see if they could released GH:WT DLC but it be compatable to play on all the other Guitar Heroes.

NathAttack
01-14-2009, 10:32 AM
Personally i would like to see some Avenged Sevenfold,Rage Against The Machine + Killswitch Engage. And on a personal note The Used - just because i know almost every song they have done.

But i agree with the above but it would be nice to see if they could released GH:WT DLC but it be compatable to play on all the other Guitar Heroes.

Unfortunately, Neversoft are not as cool as Harmonix, and would never release any future DLC to be backwards compatible.

Crimson Ridley
01-14-2009, 05:06 PM
I think that's because the engines on GH3 and GHWT are entirely different, whereas there are only a few tweaks bewtween RB and RB2.

NathAttack
01-15-2009, 03:15 AM
I think that's because the engines on GH3 and GHWT are entirely different, whereas there are only a few tweaks bewtween RB and RB2.

I think you're right, but even if the engine was the same, I'd be very surprised to see Neversoft take that course of action, instead of making it WT exclusive and using that to sell more copies.